Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Diesel isn't a dirty word: New CCM installed

110K views 549 replies 83 participants last post by  old_n07 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well as I've been on here for a while now I thought it was about time I did a build thread :$

I ordered the car new back in October of 2002, but due to me specifying factory leather it was a special order and took 12 weeks to arrive so it was registered in January 03.

This is how she would have looked at the dealers when new.

standard.jpg

The delivery spec was:
• Golf GT TDi 130 five door in indigo blue
• Heated Leather
• Climate
• 6 disc in dash CD changer
• Rear centre head rest and centre 3 point seat belt
• Mud flaps
• Luxury car mats

That didn't last long as the wheels were swapped for 17" OZ Superturismo's at the dealers before I took delivery [6]

DSCF0209.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the car when it was first delivered, but if some kind person can photoshop some Super t's onto the standard car above I'll put it here ;)

That is basically how she stayed for 3 years, then I made the mistake of joining this forum on recommendation of a friend :D

The first mod after I joined was an Eibach Pro kit, I ran these with the standard shocks at the time. The stance of the car was so much better, the ride wasn't as wallowing but the comfort was pretty much as factory.

I then had it re-mapped by Colin's performance in Congleton.

The wheels were showing signs of corrosion by now and they also looked rather like the R32 alloy so I decided I wanted a change and bought the RS6 reps

eibachs.jpg

That was the start of the slippery slope :(

I then removed the rear Golf and TDi badges which cleaned up the rear

febdebadge.jpg

but the center badge was just too big so I did the colour coded Sharan badge mod and fitted a rear aero wiper[:)]

DSCF0009.jpg

I turned my attention to the inside next, replacing the standard vents with the smooth closing Bora style ones, the obligatory W8 interior light, Beetle turbo gear knob, Bora sport half FIS speedo with MTE enabled and an R32 steering wheel.

r32wheel.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

I had the windows tinted, originally I had the fronts done as well but after a police crack down in our area I removed the fronts and currently just have the rears done, TBH I am happy with this look especially as I don't need the stick on sun shades in the rear of the car for my daughter.

http://uk-mkivs.net/photos/old_n07/images/857654/original.aspx

DSCF0203.jpg

Not happy with the candle headlights on the Golf I wanted to fit a HID kit so I had a set from Foxy's GB but after reading about the scatter with standard lights I bought a set of Depo projector lights from Ebay and fitted the HID kit into them, at the same time I fitted a 4 motion front valance that I colour coded.

Before:

frontorig.jpg

After:

frontnew.jpg

depo.jpg

The suspension was getting a bit tired to say the least after running the standard shocks with the Eibachs so I fitted a set of the Ebay special coilovers along with some wheel spacers, front 3mm and rear 15mm per side (fronts to clear the adjuster rings).

DSCF0921.jpg

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

The ride height looked great and the handling was good but not quite right so on went the rear Whiteline adjustable ARB [:)]

DSCF1150.jpg

I needed new brake discs so I sorted the anchors out by fitting some 312mm's on the front - I managed to source the carriers from a chap breaking a TT on Ebay for £25 delivered [:)]. The rears I left standard but fitted new discs and pads.

The only thing that was getting to me suspension wise was the bone shaking ride, the cheap coilies were not a good move so they had to go :( so I sourced some more shocks and refitted the Eibach's and regained the comfort [:)]

I was also not too happy with the map I was running as it was verrry smokey and I was thinking of a different map, just then Chipped UK launched the ST3 system and I was lucky enough to bag one at the introductory offer price with two new maps :D. The power delivery was about the same but nowhere near as smokey on the fast road map :Y: and the MPG was acceptable too :D

DSCF1515.jpg

The latest mod has been a new set of rear lights, I've been thinking of getting the US spec rears for ages and these came up in the classifieds so I bought them [H]

usspec.jpg

That's about it at the moment but there are some things in the pipeline ;)

Comments welcome as always :Y:

Neil

See less See more
#6 ·
Looking good Neil [Y] Like the rear lights aswell

Will defo look better when you get some R32 headlights together defo carry on the OEM+ look. There a hell of a lot better not only in performance but looks - Im really pleased with mine.

Will have to catch up sometime as the cars come on alot since last time!

Tom

#8 ·
Same with my black car mate,

I spend hours detailing it and it looks awesome but gets very dirty, very quickly.

What other plans you got for it mate?

Ceri
Well it's in the body shop as we speak having some anni skirts sprayed and fitted and a 4 motion rear sprayed as well, then I can fit my turbo back Milltek [;)]

Neil

#11 ·
Cheers Tom, I'm still looking out for the other light but it has gone on the back burner at the moment while I sort out the body kit and zorst

Neil
Just out of interest where and how much were your Anni sideskirts as i need some to finish off the GLI look? Ive got the GLI rear valance which needs spraying aswell.

If only Id have know I would have put mine in with yours its the same colour [:DD]

Tom

#13 ·
Cheers Tom, I'm still looking out for the other light but it has gone on the back burner at the moment while I sort out the body kit and zorst

Neil
Just out of interest where and how much were your Anni sideskirts as i need some to finish off the GLI look? Ive got the GLI rear valance which needs spraying aswell.

If only Id have know I would have put mine in with yours its the same colour

Tom
I had mine from Dent Reform, but they are the same ones Joko Styling are selling on Ebay. They are ABS replica's of the genuine ones [;)] they are the same as Jon's (Harveys Duvet) [Y]

Neil

#15 ·

Neil

If only Id have know I would have put mine in with yours its the same colour

Tom
I had mine from Dent Reform, but they are the same ones Joko Styling are selling on Ebay. They are ABS replica's of the genuine ones
they are the same as Jon's (Harveys Duvet)

Neil
Cheers Neil - sorry for totally ruining your build up thread with other questions [:$]

Nice one Neil! Your car is nearly as clean as your garage!

Looks spot on though, very OEM+
Ha ha the garage - I was stunned when I saw it!

Actually Im sure I saw him hoovering it when I went up [:p]

Tom

#17 ·
Thats my sort of MK4 Golf, it's still OEM but you can tell it apart from other Golfs on the road!

Agreed, i always think a mk4 with just lowered on a sweet set of alloys is soo much nicer than one that has clearly been fussed over too much.

Its actually about identical to mine apart from wheels. Nice to see you've changed to US rear clusters, they look fab on that colour dont they!?

#20 ·
Thats my sort of MK4 Golf, it's still OEM but you can tell it apart from other Golfs on the road!

Agreed, i always think a mk4 with just lowered on a sweet set of alloys is soo much nicer than one that has clearly been fussed over too much.

Its actually about identical to mine apart from wheels. Nice to see you've changed to US rear clusters, they look fab on that colour dont they!?
[:D] [y]

#21 ·
Neil just wanted to say that car looks Fantastic Fella !

If no one can sort them few bits i asked you about could we perhaps meet up for you to do them ?

you were going to do them at the KK's meet let me know thanks , Mike
Sure, I'm going to be at the PSI open day on the 5th if you are coming down.

Neil

#23 ·
hey there neil... since i last pm'ed you i haven't had any time what so ever (or the car to that fact either!) to get down to yours to sort out the MTE/illuminated needles, etc. I should be at PSI too... any chance of sorting me out too? Beer tokens?? Cheers

p.s. i didn't know garages like that existed!! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.