After recently bringing in a trial limiting members with 50 posts or lower from viewing classified ads it's been decided to remove this restriction. This is due to high amount of feedback received plus increase in spam which is having a negative impact on the site.
Instead of the view restriction, visible warnings will be posted in each classifieds forum, plus links to a guide with helpful hints on how to successfully conduct a sale / purchase via the classifieds on uk-mkivs. The 100 post requirement to post ads will be remaining and in addition will also be coupled with a 3 month membership probation period. Meaning that to post a classified ad members will require 100 or more posts and to have been a member for more than 3 months.
These new rules will be made live this evening (09/03/09) and further work will take place over the next few days. We want to make clear that our classifieds system is not there to be exploited and should anyone choose to do so they will be permanently banned.
These new guidelines have been brought into effect to help better channel buyers and sellers together. We have also taken on board the feedback that some have given and hope that these help to make the uk-mkivs / uk-mkvs classifieds an easier system to use.
New Classifieds Rules: Effective immediately all new classifieds posts in the For Sale sections must have the following information:
- Exact description of the items for sale in the thread title field i.e. "MK4 Wheels" or "MK5 Steering Wheel"
- An accurate description of the item for sale, stating if its new, used or second hand - pictures are helpful.
- All adverts (with the exception of vehicle and "Wanted" ads)
must include a photo of the item, with your username and date, which is
within 7 days of the date the item is listed, written on paper / card
beside the item.
- Price clearly stated in the post, even if offers requested, ie £100 o.n.o. - ads without a price will be deleted
- If you're linking to an Ebay or Pistonheads listing please include details of the item in your post. If your posting a Pistonheads listing please also include the price. i.e. posts just containing a link will be deleted.
- All adverts (with the exception of vehicle and "Wanted" ads) must
include a photo of the item, with your username and date written on
paper / card beside the item.
Any advert posted that is not in the above format will be deleted.
By listing your ad in the uk-mkivs classifieds you also agree to the following classified specific rules:
- You are the legal owner of the item offered - i.e. items posted on behalf of someone else will be deleted.
- Illegal items such as pirate/copied music and/or software is not permitted. Posting such items will lead to a warning being issued and access to the classifieds removed from your profile.
- No selling of live animals. Pet shops have this part of the market cornered.
- Privately owned items only - i.e no commercial selling. Unless the poster is a subscribed advertiser.
- Only members with 100 or more posts and / or with a length of membership 3 moths or more may place a classified ad. This is implemented automatically by our software.
All classifieds ads are provided as-is and are placed entirely at the posters risk. uk-mkivs / uk-mkvs cannot be held liable in the event of a claim arising from a dispute over an item listed on this site. Where possible we can help to contact the buyer / seller if a problem occurs and we ask that you report any classfieds issues to the uk-mkivs team instead of posting the problem on the forums for mass speculation. For guidance on using the classifieds, please see here.
The http://tinyurl.com/5kdg5r team