2 replies to this topic

#1 santiagopilgrim

santiagopilgrim

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

Hi all,

Very close to trading my mk4 in for a 2.0l 150hp TDI mk7, manual transmission, with 10,000 miles or less.

Is there anything I should be looking out for or be avoiding?

I've driven the car and 150 seems strong enough for my taste, I want the car to last a long time.

Is this a good choice of engine for reliability and long term ownership? I want something equivalent to the 1.9tdi on the mk4 which seems to be the best engine by far.

Thanks.

Santiago.

#2 redbutcher

redbutcher

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

Yep - very happy with mine - plenty of torque and enough uummph to overtake yet it's quite happy to be just nudging 50mph in 6th. One thing you'll probably need to get used to is that DPF recycling can happen quite regularly if you do a lot of short journeys. Normally means the engine fan is still on after you leave the car and it's a bit smelly!

Great engine though - have been some issues with the MPG being less than expected, but even on a tank of short journeys 50mpg+ isn't a problem. Throw in some nice long spins and the mpg will improve significantly. Had mine just over a year now with another 3 years to go  - definitely the best Golf I've had (had a MK5 and MK6 before the 7).

Jon

MK7 2.0TDI SE|Urano Grey|Madrid Alloys|Philips bulbs|Chrome exhaust tips|LED Number Plate Upgrade|LED Interior Bulbs|LED Tail Lights|Tints|Folding mirrors|

#3 Ndola19

Ndola19

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:57 PM

Yep - very happy with mine - plenty of torque and enough uummph to overtake yet it's quite happy to be just nudging 50mph in 6th. One thing you'll probably need to get used to is that DPF recycling can happen quite regularly if you do a lot of short journeys. Normally means the engine fan is still on after you leave the car and it's a bit smelly!

Great engine though - have been some issues with the MPG being less than expected, but even on a tank of short journeys 50mpg+ isn't a problem. Throw in some nice long spins and the mpg will improve significantly. Had mine just over a year now with another 3 years to go  - definitely the best Golf I've had (had a MK5 and MK6 before the 7).

Hi redbutcher,

Just picked up new 2014 Golf GT today but noticed I may have an issue with it, and hope you can help shed some light on this (no pun intended, as you'll find out).

The red alarm LED light on the driver's door don't seem to flash when I lock the car, but the ambient strip light on the door flashed instead. During normal driving the left passenger door ambient light comes on, but not the driver's side.
Is there a simple fix for this?

Many thanks, hope you can help.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users