Photo

Rate a TV show.PLEASE INCLUDE A YOUTUBE CLIP.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Similar to rating films you've recently seen,but this time with TV shows or series.

Just a few rules though.

Don't just rate it at say 7/10.Say why you've given it that score,what's it's strengths and weaknesses are.

Include any famous actors or actresses that make it worth watching.

Include a video clip (Youtube etc) so we know what to expect.

#2 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Gotham.9.5/10

This is a prequel to all the Batman films.Commissioner Gordon is still detective James Gordon,and Bruce Wayne is still a boy who's just witnessed his parents being killed in cold blood.

Gordon is on a mission to make Gotham a nice place again and rid it of corruption and crime.It's got most of the characters from the later Batman stories(Penguin,Riddler,Cat Woman etc),but with more emphasis on the violent crimes and rivalry between the different Mafia crime families.Just finished watching season 1,and it was without a doubt one of the best series I've seen for ages.

Sean Pertwee is perfectly cast as Alfred the Wayne family butler,but the real star is the truly brilliant Robin Lord Taylor who plays Oswald Kobblepot/Penguin,it's worth watching for his performance alone.

#3 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

Ask me about "RS8" wheels!

• Moderators
  • 10642 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

Prison break - 8.5/10

Most famous main actors/actresses- Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell

The story of a brother breaking his older brother out of prison as he believes he has been framed and has been sentenced to death. Involves some brilliant characters who have been cast perfectly in particular t-bag who is one of the best characters in any TV series I have ever watched!

Can't post any videos as I'm on my phone unless someone can tell me how :Y:

#4 Van Man Jay

Van Man Jay

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Doncaster
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ALH 90PS

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Breaking bad 10 / 10.

High school teacher finds out he has cancer, after seeing how much money there was to be made in cooking crystal method ( and not having good health care ), he enlists a former student.

Twists and turns and fair few surprises.

Can't post up vids either as phone don't like them lol sorry guys.

#5 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

A couple of Stargate SG1 spinoffs.

Stargate Atlantis.5 seasons and I'll give it 9 out of 10,it was enjoyable apart from the last two episodes and there weren't any really bad ones.

A team from earth go through a stargate and find themselves in the Pegasus galaxy and in the fabled city of Atlantis,built by the ancients who also built the stargates.They're stuck there for some time as they don't have enough power in the city to return home.They awaken a hive ship containing The Wraith,who started out as bugs and fed on human DNA until they evolved into beings who need to suck the life out of humans to survive.They have to defeat and kill all the Wraith before they find earth and have a slap up meal courtesy of us.

Guest appearances from Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel Jack Oneil),Amanda Tapping (Sam Carter) and Michael Spinks (Daniel Jackson).No one else really famous,but a good performance from David Hewlett (born just up the road from me in Redhill) as the brilliant Canadian scientist Rodney McKay.

#6 primofacprima

primofacprima

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Hants
  • Bora Sport 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

@Imagewerx YES!!! New series of Gotham scheduled for the 21st! Not sure when UK terrestrial is screening tho.

I've recently been watchin "Oz" a late 90's prison drama. Loads of recognisable actors, emotive, and stuff to make you go EEaarrrghhh!!! I won't do a Youtube thingy coz most of it is NSFW!

#7 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

@Imagewerx YES!!! New series of Gotham scheduled for the 21st! Not sure when UK terrestrial is screening tho.

Netflix are normally pretty quick with this sort of stuff,if not Showbox on Android aren't too bad.Just finished with Continuum and now started with Jericho.Full reviews ASAP.

#8 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

Stargate Universe.

9.5/10.Given the chop early after just two seasons,some say this was once people realised the similarities with Star Trek Voyager.Shame as it''s nothing like Voyager except it's in space and a long way from home and was just starting to get going at the end of season 2.

The very arrogant doctor Nick Rush played by the brilliant Robert Carlyle has worked out they can travel much greater distances using the Stargates if they can work out how to dial out using the previously unused 9th chevron.They don't know how so they put the problem into an online game scenario where it is solved by maths genius and gamer Eli Wallace.The base they're working from is under attack so to stay alive they dial the 9th chevron without knowing where it'll take them.Unfortunately it takes them to an empty starship millions of light years away on the other side of the universe.This is the story of their attempts to get back home again.The ship they're on called the Destiny has a really neat way of refuelling itself when it's batteries are flat (I won't spoil the surprise,you'll have to watch it to find out how!).

Also starring Lou Diamond Phillips who was in 24 amongst other things.

#9 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

Continuum.

9.5/10 for this one.Set in present day Vancouver Kiera is a cop sent back in time from 75 years in the future by an old man to meet him when he's a young man and change the past and prevent the world turning into crap.Lots of temporal anomalies and alternate timelines if you like that sort of thing.The future Alec Sadler is played by William B.Davis more normally known as the X Factor's 'smoking man'.Very enjoyable with a few unexpected plot twists and 42 episodes spread over 4 seasons.

#10 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

Jericho.

9/10.Jake returns home to a small Kansas town in the middle of nowhere as all the major cities in America are destroyed simultaneously by nuclear bombs.No one particularly famous is in Jericho,but Erik Knudsen who plays the young Alec Sadler in Continuum is kinda famous in an un-famous way.Not bad at all,but only 29 episodes spread over 2 seasons before it was axed due to poor ratings,but unlike some early finishers was bought to a satisfactory conclusion.

#11 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

The 4400.

10/10.4400 people who have been abducted since the 1950s all return to a lake near Seattle in a ball of light.None of them have aged at all,all of them have special abilities that develop over time and none of them remember where they've been all this time.The lead characters Tom and Diana are NTAC agents,an offshoot of Homeland security which is sort of FBI or something like that.A drug called Promicin is found to be what gives them their special abilities and causes havoc when it starts being handed out freely by self proclaimed guru and 4400 returnee Jordan Collier.With a similar idea to Continuum quite early in the series it's found that these people have returned from the future and have been given their abilities to stop the bad things that happen in the future/past.
The only kinda famous cast member is film actor Tom Baldwin who is played by Joel Gretsch and is married to Melanie Shatner,daughter of Star Trek's William Shatner.Very enjoyable with quite a few 'I didn't see that comings' with 44 episodes over 4 seasons.

What I like about this sort of thing,along with Kiera and Carlos in Continuum and Pete and Myka in Warehouse 13 is the chemistry that exists between the opposite gender lead roles,but always in a non-sexual way.It would be so easy to have them jump into bed together by the second episode,but resisting this VERY obvious plot line makes it a LOT more interesting and in all cases they never get more intimate than a quick hug.

Come on though guys,apart from 3 other people we've got over 450 views of this and me doing all the work :( .Has no one else got anything to say on this subject,and please if you do remember a Youtube clip if you do and some brief plot details and if it's got anyone famous in it.

#12 DanMaytee

DanMaytee

Much Uk. Very Mkivs. WOW.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts
  • Jetta SE 1.9 TDI

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:27 PM

Thought I'd contribute.  I have a few more I will put up when I get chance but I'm just off to bed now! :)

The 100

7/10 (Can't remember too much about it but it really tied me in and watched the whole season 1 in a couple of days)

When nuclear Armageddon destroys civilization on Earth, the only survivors are those on the 12 international space stations in orbit at the time. Three generations later, the 4,000 survivors living on a space ark of linked stations see their resources dwindle and face draconian measures established to ensure humanity's future. Desperately looking for a solution, the ark's leaders send 100 juvenile prisoners back to the planet to test its habitability. Having always lived in space, the exiles find the planet fascinating and terrifying, but with the fate of the human race in their hands, they must forge a path into the unknown.

Limitless

8/10 (New series based on the film.  So far so good.  Would recommend it to anyone who has watched the film and enjoyed it).

Limitless is an American crime drama television series starring Jake McDorman as Brian Finch, who discovers the power of a mysterious drug called NZT-48 which opens the full possibility of his brain and gives him perfect recall of everything he has ever read, heard, or seen. It is based on the film of the same name, which in turn was based on the novel The Dark Fields, and takes place after the events of the movie. The series was ordered by CBS on May 8, 2015,[1] and debuted on September 22, 2015.

Minority Report

8/10 (New series, so far so good. Same as with Limitless really. Based after the original film following the life of one of the precogs)

Based on Steven Spielberg's international blockbuster film of the same name, this sci-fi drama follows an unlikely partnership between a "precognitive" named Dash (Stark Sands) who is haunted by his future, and a shrewd police detective, Lara Vega (Meagan Good), who struggles with her past. Set in Washington, D.C., in the year 2065, Dash and Vega race to identify and eliminate criminals, stopping terrible crimes before they are committed. As the two lost souls work together to fight future crimes, Dash and Vega form a connection and find purpose and redemption in each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fLl-DMzxrk

Last Man On Earth 

6/10 (bit of a silly one but it passes the time and is strangely enjoyable lol)

In 2022, a cataclysm strikes Earth, seemingly wiping out the population save for former family man and bank employee Phil Miller. Sad and very lonely, Phil travels the United States, Canada and Mexico in his RV searching for other survivors. Striving to hold onto hope that there is at least one other living person out there, he tries to make the best of circumstances until his path finally crosses with that hoped-for other survivor -- and all the more comforting if that person happens to be a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwnQ-SbtJug

iZombie

9/10 (I love these kind of shows.  Quite enjoyable with some funny parts all throughout :))

When over-achieving medical resident Liv Moore attends a party that turns into a zombie feeding frenzy, she ends up joining the ranks of the living dead. Determined to pass as human despite her pale appearance and newly listless demeanor, Liv forms a plan to resist her drive to consume fresh human brains by taking a job at a coroner's office, where she can secretly snack on the brains of corpses delivered there. Soon discovering that she absorbs the memories of those she feeds on, she finds new purpose by posing as a psychic and working with a detective to help solve their murders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhzQDW4L84

Z nation

7/10 (1st season was pretty good although a bit slow.  Similar to the Walking Dead but this takes a more comedic side to things.  Season 2 has got really strange though!)

Several years since a zombie virus swept across America, there's only one person -- who goes by just Murphy -- known to have survived the infection -- the world's last hope at creating a vaccine. The last functioning viral lab needs blood from him for its antibodies, but the facility is in California and the man is in New York. A ragtag group of strangers works to transport him to the West Coast, but his dark secret remains hidden, which could threaten everyone. Hammond and his second in command, Garnett, lead the group of the living, and computer hacker Citizen Z helps everyone navigate through the zombie-infested terrain. When the group meets a man in Colorado, he offers to take Murphy the rest of the way to California. When nuclear weapons are launched, people head into survival mode and become desperate to find a cure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFIS2AqAz8

Teen Wolf

7/10 (The first few seasons really tied me in (hence the 7) but since getting to season 4/5 I've started getting slightly bored of it.  Definitely worth a watch though)

The high-school anonymity Scott McCall was trying to break free from couldn't have happened in a more mysterious, complicated way. While walking in the woods one night Scott encounters a creature, is bitten in the side, and his life is forever changed. Is he a human or a werewolf? Or a little bit of both? Controlling the strange urges he now feels is the toughest part, and he's afraid the urges could end up controlling him. Will the bite be a gift or a curse, especially as it relates to the mischievous Allison, whom Scott can't get enough of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rCYDbefnmA

Supernatural

9.5/10 (Always loved this TV show.  Some parts have been dragged out a bit and can get a bit boring (mainly the new seasons) but the first few seasons were amazing.  Must of watched them 5-6 times now)

This haunting series follows the thrilling yet terrifying journeys of Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers who face an increasingly sinister landscape as they hunt monsters. After losing their mother to a supernatural force, the brothers were raised by their father as soldiers who track mysterious and demonic creatures. Violent memories and relationship-threatening secrets add additional burdens on Sam and Dean as they investigate all things that go bump in the night. As old tricks and tools are rendered useless and friends betray them, the brothers must rely on each other as they encounter new enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kmA86_hnbo

12719239_536115556556230_491597040440535

DanMaytee/Pudding Power

JustAnotherMk5 - PD105 Build Thread

#13 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

• Moderators
  • 10642 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

Second Dan on Limitless, loved the movie and the TV series is kicking off in the same way! :Y:  Watched the first 3 episodes and it is a solid 8/10 so far! Plus it has Debs out of Dexter! :wub:

#14 DanMaytee

DanMaytee

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts
  • Jetta SE 1.9 TDI

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

Second Dan on Limitless, loved the movie and the TV series is kicking off in the same way! :Y:  Watched the first 3 episodes and it is a solid 8/10 so far! Plus it has Debs out of Dexter! :wub:

Brill isn't it mate :D. Just finished catching up to it last night. Next episode should be out in a couple of days :).

DanMaytee/Pudding Power

#15 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Dan,that's two of us out of 88,000 members making an effort :new-chuckle: .

#16 animal47

animal47

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Dexter 9.5/10
Brilliant show that I was so hooked on that I was getting home from work at 6am and watching an episode before bed, then getting up early and watching another episode before picking my daughter up from school. Almost as good as breaking bad.
Dexter is a blood splatter analyst who is also a serial killer but only kills other killers.

Edited by animal47, 26 October 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#17 guyspartacus

guyspartacus

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

I'm not sure there's any real need for a thread like this to be honest

I certainly don't think people should feel obliged to 'make an effort' and post a 'review' of a show that they clearly have liked or otherwise won't have watched.

With all the scores being at least 7/10 - and most being 9/10 or higher the integrity of the reviews goes out the window somewhat.

Just my 2p

#18 cenobytez

cenobytez

You ain't seen me, right?

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • mansfield / Stapleford
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

guyspartacus, the reviews are high since they are not going to recommend a bad show they hate are they??

New%20Sig_zps9n25kctw.jpg

New - mkV TDI MATCH, RCD510   GONE - Genuine R32 Front + Rear Bumpers | Full miltek resonated R32 style exhaust with large bore decat downpipe

#19 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

I'm not sure there's any real need for a thread like this to be honest

I certainly don't think people should feel obliged to 'make an effort' and post a 'review' of a show that they clearly have liked or otherwise won't have watched.

With all the scores being at least 7/10 - and most being 9/10 or higher the integrity of the reviews goes out the window somewhat.

Just my 2p

What an incredibly blinkered,cynical and self centred view of the world you have.You could say the same about any topic on any internet message board anywhere in the world.I'm not sure there's any real need for a thread about buying a new car.It holds no interest for me,so I don't read it and don't take part in it.Maybe,just maybe if a topic doesn't interest you why not ignore it and leave it to other people who do have an interest in it? All you ever seem to do is troll my posts and almost never have anything useful to add to them,isn't it fortunate I don't return the favour?

#20 DanMaytee

DanMaytee

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts
  • Jetta SE 1.9 TDI

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Dan,that's two of us out of 88,000 members making an effort :new-chuckle: .

Hopefully a few more will make the effort :).  Just started downloading The 4400.  I spotted it a while back and completely forgot about it so I'm glad you put it up :D.

Few more anyway :)

Under The Dome

6/10 (Started really good but quite quickly went downhill in my opinion.  Worth a watch if you're bored though)

Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel of the same name, "Under the Dome" follows the residents of Chester's Mill, Maine, as they find their small town suddenly cut off from the rest of the world by a transparent dome. While some people start to panic, a small group of citizens -- led by Army veteran Dale Barbara -- tries to maintain some semblance of peace and order, while also attempting to learn the truth about the mysterious barrier, the purpose behind it -- and, most importantly, how to escape it.

Wayward Pines

8.5/10 (Really enjoyed this series and cannot wait for the new season to come out if it does.  Really got hooked quickly to this one) 

When two federal agents go missing in Wayward Pines, Idaho, Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke -- one of Seattle's best agents -- sets out to find them. One of the missing agents is Ethan's former partner, Kate, with whom he had a relationship that almost destroyed his marriage. After Ethan is involved in a car accident upon his arrival in the seemingly perfect town, he wakes up in the hospital without his wallet, ID or money, and cannot find a working phone to contact anyone at home. When Ethan's wife learns of his disappearance, she and their teenage son begin a search that only leads to more questions.

Fear The Walking Dead

8/10 (If you enjoy The Walking Dead you will like this.  It's based on the beginning and how it all set out happening)

There's a sign of the apocalypse in Los Angeles, where reports of a strange flu and the disappearance of people underscore this gritty drama, a prequel to AMC's uber-popular "Walking Dead." The story of the mysterious outbreak and its ramifications are told through the lens of high school guidance counselor Madison Clark and English teacher Travis Manawa. A widowed mother, Madison, is raising two children single-handedly, but has recently found love with Travis, who maintains a relationship with his ex-wife and resentful son while trying to become a father to Madison's children. The challenge of blending their families is exacerbated by unforeseen chaos, and a necessary survival of the fittest takes hold. The Clarks and Manawas must reinvent themselves, or embrace their darker histories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXglr5bc3w

Scream The Tv Series

7.5/10 (Good to watch if you enjoyed the films.  Works surprisingly well as a TV show)

Instigated by a cyberbullying incident that goes viral, a brutal murder in Lakewood stirs memories of a crime spree from the town's past that has haunted some, intrigued others and maybe just spawned a new executioner. At the center of the story is a group of teenagers—with two old friends struggling to reconnect at its heart—who, says the network, "become lovers, enemies, suspects, targets and victims of a killer who's out for blood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzgSjZQlLo

The X-Files

9/10 (Personally I've loved this show since I was a kid.  Still good even today)

In one of the longest-running science fiction series in network TV history, FBI special agents investigate unexplained, mind-bending cases known as "X-Files." Though the government is convinced that the outlandish reports are false, conspiracy theorist Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and realist Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson), for most of the series, stop at nothing to prove that "the truth is out there." Series creator Chris Carter also serves as executive producer of the thrilling pop-culture phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcf44Nit7_A

DanMaytee/Pudding Power

#21 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Started watching Under The Dome last night,only up to episode 3 far,so too early to say just yet.I have high hopes for anything based on a Stephen King book :) .

#22 animal47

animal47

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

True detective 6/10
Just finished the first series which although quite slow, was a pretty good story in the end. Starring Mathew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as cops investigating what looks like a cult murder.
I have just started to watch series 2 which now stars Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 guyspartacus

guyspartacus

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

What an incredibly blinkered,cynical and self centred view of the world you have.You could say the same about any topic on any internet message board anywhere in the world.I'm not sure there's any real need for a thread about buying a new car.It holds no interest for me,so I don't read it and don't take part in it.Maybe,just maybe if a topic doesn't interest you why not ignore it and leave it to other people who do have an interest in it? All you ever seem to do is troll my posts and almost never have anything useful to add to them,isn't it fortunate I don't return the favour?

Not really - no doubt there's message boards specifically for rating TV shows, if you popped up with pictures of your boot install I'm pretty sure you'd get minimal response. To then whinge about people not 'making the effort' to get involved with something that particular forum isn't there for - when there's other forums specifically for the purpose of showing off your boot install - would be a bit odd.

This is hardly trolling your posts is it? There's no malice in my post (unlike yours, which got personal and referenced posts by me very quickly), just passing comment on the fact that the reviews aren't particularly as useful or helpful as ones written independently by people who's job it is to review things.

PS - writing posts on a forum about VAG cars on the subject of buying a VAG car is hardly off topic is it.

#24 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

• Moderators
  • 10642 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 8/10

Easy watching and very funny. A reminder to always have fun at work and not take stuff too seriously. Plus it has Terry Crews in it.

Detective Jake Peralta, a talented and carefree cop with the best arrest record, has never had to follow the rules too closely or work very hard. That changes when Ray Holt, a man with a lot to prove, becomes the new commanding officer of Brooklyn's 99th precinct. As Holt reminds Peralta to respect the badge, an extremely competitive colleague - Detective Amy Santiago - starts to close in on the hotshot cop's arrest record. Other members of the precinct include Sgt Terry Jeffords, a devoted family man, Detective Charles Boyle, a hard worker who idolizes Jake, and Rosa Diaz, a sexy-yet-intimidating detective. Civilian office manager Gina Linetti is tasked with cleaning up everyone's mess, while somehow getting involved in everyone's business.

#25 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

• Moderators
  • 10642 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

How do you get the clips to embed themselves rather than sit there as a hyperlink?

#26 DanMaytee

DanMaytee

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts
  • Jetta SE 1.9 TDI

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

How do you get the clips to embed themselves rather than sit there as a hyperlink?

Love Brooklyn Nine Nine myself :D.  Also should a moderator know this kind of stuff ;) Haha.  Just copy and paste the link in.  Don't add it as a hyperlink or anything and it should work.  I think if you put more than 1 or 2 in the same post only the first couple work though :( 

DanMaytee/Pudding Power

#27 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Under The Dome

6/10 (Started really good but quite quickly went downhill in my opinion.  Worth a watch if you're bored though)

Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel of the same name, "Under the Dome" follows the residents of Chester's Mill, Maine, as they find their small town suddenly cut off from the rest of the world by a transparent dome. While some people start to panic, a small group of citizens -- led by Army veteran Dale Barbara -- tries to maintain some semblance of peace and order, while also attempting to learn the truth about the mysterious barrier, the purpose behind it -- and, most importantly, how to escape it.

I reckon a mere 6/10 from me as well for this one.With the two Stephens-King and Spielberg at the controls,this should have been a damn site better than it was.Cheap special effects more reminiscent of Doctor Who,and contrived plots to match the timelord's adventures ruined this for me which did have the potential to be a lot better than it was.I watched the first two seasons free (sort of) courtesy of Amazon prime,but wasn't tempted enough by the lure of season 3 when I'd have to pay £2.49 to see each episode.

Please remember anyone taking part in this thread to include a Youtube clip.

#28 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

The 100.......

10/10 :) .

I know Dan has already mentioned this one,but I'll give it a bit more coverage anyway.The world has been rendered uninhabitable by a nuclear war,so what is left of the human race is living in space station called 'The Ark' made from lots of smaller space stations from different countries all joined together.After 97 years in orbit,life support is failing on The Ark,so they send 100 young criminals down to a supposedly dead planet Earth to see if it's safe for the inhabitants of The Ark to join them down there and return to their rightful home.There have been a lot more survivors since the war than they ever expected as they get confronted by the grounders and the mountain men.Very violent and lots of blood and gore and some unexpected plot twists make this very difficult not to watch just one more episode.........

Two seasons so far with 29 episodes between them and season 3 not hitting our screens until 2016.It was just brilllllllllllliant IMO,despite the poor reviews by some critics I was totally hooked from start to finish.

#29 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 48957 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:54 AM

Mr Robot.

Another 10/10 for this one from me.It's about hackers who hack the hackers and then hack some people who..........

Elliott is extremely weird and a junkie but also a brilliant hacker.He mumbles quite a bit so isn't always easy to comprehend.Christian Slater plays Mr Robot who recruits Elliott to bring down the worlds biggest company and quite a few unexpected and very clever twists make this compelling watching,a shame there's only been one season and ten episodes up to now.

#30 DanMaytee

DanMaytee

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts
  • Jetta SE 1.9 TDI

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

Mr Robot.

Another 10/10 for this one from me.It's about hackers who hack the hackers and then hack some people who..........

Elliott is extremely weird and a junkie but also a brilliant hacker.He mumbles quite a bit so isn't always easy to comprehend.Christian Slater plays Mr Robot who recruits Elliott to bring down the worlds biggest company and quite a few unexpected and very clever twists make this compelling watching,a shame there's only been one season and ten episodes up to now.

Just finished watching this today.  Really enjoyed it.  Had some great little twists in it.  Can't wait for the next season :).

DanMaytee/Pudding Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users