Photo

Rate a TV show.PLEASE INCLUDE A YOUTUBE CLIP.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48974 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

The OA. 700 out of 10 :clap: .

8 episodes for season 1 so far on Netflix.It stars and was co-written by the brilliant actress Brit Marling who also starred in the equally brilliant film 'Another Earth'

She plays a blind Russian girl adopted by American foster parents who goes missing and has got her sight back when she returns seven years later.She has spent the intervening seven years held captive in a glass prison cell by a scientist called Hap who is using her and four other people as guinea pigs in his NDE (Near Death Experience) experiments.She falls in love with a man called Homer in the next cell and recruits five local people from school to help get her back to him using a kind of interpretive dance made of five different movements.

Yes I know it sounds like a load of pretentious cr5p from that description,but Brit's writing and acting really bring this bizarre story to an unexpected and exciting finale making it the best series I've seen for a VERY long time.

If you watch it,make sure you pay close attention to every little detail because everything in every episode has significance or meaning later on

#32 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8415 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

The Man in the High Castle. Edit: 9/10

Excellent drama with considerable amounts of tension, set in 1962.

The story. The allies lost the WWII, the USA is now ruled by the Japanese (west coast) and Germans (east coast).

There is an alternate reality (allies won) that somehow appears on mysterious films that Hitler (now an old man) is collecting in desperation...

Some interesting features, like all aircraft are German 'Concordes'. Fascinating.

:)

Season 2 has just finished.

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#33 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48974 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

The Man in the High Castle.

Excellent drama with considerable amounts of tension, set in 1962.

The story. The allies lost the WWII, the USA is now ruled by the Japanese (west coast) and Germans (east coast).

There is an alternate reality (allies won) that somehow appears on mysterious films that Hitler (now an old man) is collecting in desperation...

Some interesting features, like all aircraft are German 'Concordes'. Fascinating.

:)

Season 2 has just finished.

You don't say how many out of 10 you rate it :P .I'd give it 9.5 for content etc with the 0.5 lost for the appalling sound quality meaning most of the vocals were difficult to understand.Still absolutely brilliant though and insight into how it might have been if Germany had won the second world war.I glad they didn't otherwise we'd all be driving round in German cars by now :lol-lol: .

#34 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8415 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

Agreed re the sound quality. Had to up the dialogue by 3dB. It still didn't make it intelligible in places.

☺️

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#35 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2619 posts
  • Barking (Home) Leyton (Modding) Edmonton (Broken)
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

Not seen this thread before and I barely watch any TV but I would have posted Brooklyn 99.

25050668945_fc84bd0c02.jpg

Audi TT 225 | four kerbed "alloy" wheels | light scratches and swirls to bodywork | various parking dents | tar spots | slightly cracked seats | crumbs on carpet | kids footprints on glovebox | out of date air freshener | hazy headlights | old faded  number plates | some annoying cabin rattles | some equally annoying cabin squeaks | unpainted calipers | no remap | no boost gauge | standard stereo with mind of it's own | some very annoying dust on/in speedo housing | a glovebox full of other peoples crap belongings that they can't be bothered to take with them when they get out | Bilstein B14 coilovers  :D

#36 Joewhyte97

Joewhyte97

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

For me it would have to be power, its so good i watched it all in a month! 10/10 easily.

Cant get a trailer up but deffo worth a youtube!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users