Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

MrBadger - The end is near - last pics before she's sold :-(

20K views 164 replies 48 participants last post by  MrBadger 
#1 ·
As I have now wombled around the forums a bit and gotten some really useful assistance, I though I should reward you all with some pics! Don't get your hopes up just yet though, as it really is rather basic at the mo [:|]

So, in all honesty, I was looking to get another Fabia vRS when I came across this. Sorry about that, but I do love my other one and thought it's probably best to stick to what you know! So, I was going to Plymouth to see a vRS, and thought I'd check out any other diesels in a 10 mile radius of where I was going and I came across this [:D]

Posted Image

62000 miles, FSH, two owners, and as standard as they come. Sadly, no leather, SR or sports suspension, but it still won me over!

The car had been on a private plate, so I had to wait for a week while that was swapped back. I don't do patience, so was chuffed to bits when I got the call to say it was done. By the time I picked it up, I already had a shorter aerial and a K&N panel for it, so they were banged in straight away!

Weirdly, I have a thing about number plates. It's kinda like OCD. Can't stand old ones, have to have GB, and no damn screws through the characters! So, off the old ones came, and it had a good clean. I really think fresh plates can make a world of difference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used Autoglym shampoo, Meguiars clay, Super Resin and then Collinite. As I didn't have a lamb's wool mit to hand, I had to improvise [whistle]

Posted Image

Next on the 'to do list' was:

Get my bluetooth stereo in

Something with badges

Wind deflectors so I could smoke without drowning

This is all now sorted, but will have to post up later on today (been on call since 3am and now need sleep [|-)].)

Future plans are dropping it a bit, bigger wheels, mild tintage on the old windows and maybe the usual vents/sunnies/trim mods [:D]

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome!

To be continued......

See less See more
#2 ·
Stereo in, and CD player used just to fill the hole til I get a cubby!

Posted Image

Wind deflectors on (dislocating the rear window from the motor in the process) [:mad:]

Posted Image

Think the windows need tinting more than ever now, as the tinted deflectors look a bit iffy?

Front badge removed and my first attempt at wrapping with 3m di-noc stuff!

Posted Image

On the car

Posted Image

And because I got bored (and had bought way too much Carbon [:D])

Posted Image

Now the weather is a bit better, I'm hoping to get some decent pics all round, so will post them up as and when.

#9 ·
Been a bit busy at work, but managed to get some small bits done.

Carbon'd Sharan badge

Posted Image

Blu LED vanity lights

Posted Image

MK5 rear wiper

Posted Image

And tints [H]

Posted Image

Just waiting to look at a set of bigger rims in the week, and then hopefully I can get my 312mm brakes on too [:D]

#14 ·
Have now got round to sorting some decent (imo) wheels out, and have to say I'm pretty smug about the choice [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

After some initial hissy fits, I have now settled on 20mm front and 25mm rear adaptors, and am fairly chuffed with the results. Although I do feel like I've woosed out by relegating my 30mm's to the garage! They looked real sweet on these..

Posted Image

But after a fair amount of swearing, spending, and then sulking, I reckon the rims really suit the car. They need the faces refurbing, but that'll get done once I've straightened the nsf corner out after a neighbour kindly bounced off it [:mad:]

And although I appreciate that I do in fact live in tractor territory, this will be dropped by 35mm next month too. My head says slam it, but my pockets and spine say keep the sump in one piece [:$]. My pocket also says I might have to sell my 312mm carriers, as I really can't justify fitting them and getting new discs with only a couple of K on my existing ones [:(]

As always, any comments or suggestions welcomed. And any info on getting these wheels refurbished would be appreciated, as so far I have only had 'we cant just do faces', or 'can't do die-cut wheels'. Dremel time??!!

Cheers, Rich

#16 ·
Nice progress dude, a very understated colour.

Word to the wise though, i'd make sure you de-oil that K&N, as i'm pretty sure its what killed my MAF...
Thanks dude, I do love the colour. Proper stealthy [H]

The whole MAF killing thing has been mentioned before, but I've been running our vRS on a K&N for 30k and no probs at all. On the other hand, had a 50k Octavia PD with standard filter and the MAF snuffed it without warning after about a week. Reckon it might just be the luck of the draw, although now I have blatantly jinxed it!

#19 ·
needs slammed!

wheels are a good choice but wind deflectors are not so good, this is only imo

nice colour!
You're the voice in my head!! [6] Would love to slam, but PD sump and long commute each day means a subtle drop I'm afraid.

I've really gone off the deflectors myself, but as a dirty smoker, I can't be dealing with water pouring down my door card every time I spark up! Had the deflectors off when the windows were done, and it looked a lot sleeker.

Posted Image

Hmmm, now I'm tempted to do away with them and put up with the drippage [:S]

#21 ·
yeah do away with them!!

im on weitec coilovers probaly 40-50mm down and its not too bad on the sump....

my old fabia vrs with pd130 was slammed and i never totalled the sump, you just need to drive with care and split speed bumps etc and it will be fine
Weirdly, my vRS has loads more clearance than the MK4 under the sump and have no issues at all with catching it either.

Can't really afford to do anything else with suspension at the mo, as I now have a set of 35mm springs waiting to go on and a full PD150 (sport) set up sat in the garage that's now redundant due to going with 18s over 17s! I really do collect too much car stuff (says the Mrs)

Will revisit the deflectors when the car comes back this avo. I am really overdue for some serious ebay listing, so may as well add the deflectors if I decide to strip em [:D]

#23 ·
ah right im new to golf's!

good knowledge on the fabia's though

so why does the pd150 suspension become redundant on 18's?

is it just looks wise as 18's would need a bigger drop so it doesn't look so much like a roller skate?
Yarp! Purely cosmetic really, and in no way scientific [:D]. Figured I could get away with the 15mm (ish) drop on 17s, but think it'll look roller-skate-tastic with the 18s.

I really should plan mods better, but I keep changing my mind half way through and ending up with 'spares' [:D]

#25 ·
Really nice looking car, Mate. Looks even better on the road than in pics.

Wigster.
Thanks mate, I have no idea what it looks like on the move yet! Really need to swap cars with the better half one day and have a look [:D]

Once the bodywork is fixed and it's lower, I'll spend some time getting some decent pics sorted. Might have to have a rolling photo shoot set-up on the M5!

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.