4 replies to this topic

#1 vwgtiking

vwgtiking

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4886 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

I bought a mk5 grill from a HK seller (didn't know that at the time) and they shipped it from Europe. Anyway it is faulty and communication was poor so I opened a PayPal dispute and now PayPal want me to send a massive parcel at my expense.

Is there anything I can do. I have asked for a 50% discount as it was fault but that was declined via PayPal.

#2 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48958 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

Take it up with eBay instead as they guarantee the transaction as well.The problem is most if not all eBay sales do state that the buyer will have to pay the return postage no matter what.

#3 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

If you take it up with ebay, from time to time if you speak to one of their nice customer support agents (On live chat) they can send you a free post label, not sure however if theirs a parcel weight or size limit though either way if you have begun the request refund process on eBay and waited the pre set amount of time (10 days I think) with no responce from the seller you can get ebay involved and may be lucky enough to be sent via email a free post label

23uzi1z.jpg

#4 rugg3r

rugg3r

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • England
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

If you want your money back no matter what, I know it's a bit dodgy but go down another route.. say the box was empty, or it wasn't as described.. you could even say it never arrived - but that will delay things.

Going down the empty box road, get a box, make a small bit of damage to it asif it had been broken into, (don't be too obvious) and take a picture of it. This way will 99% get your money back for sure, it's not the most legit way to solve this but it's a quick and efficient way..

#5 Calico

Calico

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Crawley West Sussex
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

If you want your money back no matter what, I know it's a bit dodgy but go down another route.. say the box was empty, or it wasn't as described.. you could even say it never arrived - but that will delay things.

Going down the empty box road, get a box, make a small bit of damage to it asif it had been broken into, (don't be too obvious) and take a picture of it. This way will 99% get your money back for sure, it's not the most legit way to solve this but it's a quick and efficient way..

A bit late now that he's opened a dispute though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users