Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

Where is the best place to advertise my VW GOLF MK6 Alloy Wheels?

I have put them in the classifieds section on this forum,

eBay is expensive - considering I want £350ish for them.

I have tried gum tree - but no idea if anybody really uses gumtree for alloy wheels.

Then of course there is the problem with delivery / collection / courier.

Has anybody had a good success with advertising wheels and where did you advertise them?

They are quite nice.

(VW GOLF MK6)

fixing points: 5X112mm

wheels%204_zpsah6lioag.jpg

#2 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

Facebook pages/car groups are your best bet. There are a number dedicated to the Mk4 and there are various VW parts pages etc. That's how I sold my last set and they went within a week.

20160424_174354_1.jpg

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+ ...  :D PSN: PuntoGT031087. VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Logging, Coding, SKC retrieval & Immo work, MTE + Lit needles, Auto windows etc.. 1.9 TDI PD - Mapping & tweaking, LC, Popcorn etc

#3 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:52 AM

Theirs Mk4 Golf pages/VW spares pages on facebook they always get updated everyday with new pieces that people are selling (inc wheels) if your price is right they wouldn't be on one of those groupes for long

23uzi1z.jpg

#4 Ian_TDI

Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

Thank you Dan FR and Rubberduck.

They are from my mk6 Golf.  Sorry I didn't mention that!

My icon picture is of my mk4 that I still have (well my daughter seems to have adopted it now, because I didn't sell it when the harsh reality hit me it wasn't worth very much, despite me spending 1000's on air con, central locking, water leaks in to the foot wells, and a few other costly bills, so at least that all stays in the family now)

I don't do face book, but the girlfriend always has her nose in it, so I'll ask her about these groups, and see if they exist for the mk6 as well.

#5 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

No prob's Ian, if those you have their will fit a Mk4 (not sure from the pic if their 5x100's) then you could always get your girlfriend to post them onto the "VW Mk4 Golf parts for sale" Facebook group, if they don;t then Im sure that their is a Mk6 golf parts for sale groupe on their also,

Hope this helps,

P.S those wheels look really nice, if I hadn't changed mine last year I wouldn't mind a set like yours :)

23uzi1z.jpg

#6 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

Apologies - can't see images in work so no idea what wheels they are!

There's a dedicated "5 * 112 alloy wheel" page on facebook for sales/swaps which would be a good start. If needed I can have a scan through my phone and list some of the better pages for selling VAG parts etc. :Y:

20160424_174354_1.jpg

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+ ...  :D PSN: PuntoGT031087. VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Logging, Coding, SKC retrieval & Immo work, MTE + Lit needles, Auto windows etc.. 1.9 TDI PD - Mapping & tweaking, LC, Popcorn etc

#7 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Manchester
  • Golf VI GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

Haha! Blatant advertising! Where should i advertise my wheels? Oh ill just post a pic too just in case ....

#8 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

They are already advertised correctly in the classifieds, and since they are for a Mk6 Golf and will not fit the vehicles of the majority of users on this forum, then the post is perfectly justified in my opinion

20160424_174354_1.jpg

#9 Ian_TDI

Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

> LeeAbr: yes, i thought it was a bit cheeky - the photo was there because I'd spent bloody ages making them so nice, and I was proud of them!  And I knew everybody would love to see such shiny new looking alloys!.

> Dan FR: why do you say they won't fit the majority of vehicles on this forum?

#10 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Just on the assumption that most of the users on here drive a Mk4 Golf or similar. For those that drive Mk5 or Mk6 platform cars then there's no issue

20160424_174354_1.jpg

#11 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Ian - Did you have any luck with the Facebook groups? I need to sell mine too.

#12 sailaway

sailaway

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Mid Sussex
  • Golf IV Estate SE TDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

> LeeAbr: yes, i thought it was a bit cheeky - the photo was there because I'd spent bloody ages making them so nice, and I was proud of them!  And I knew everybody would love to see such shiny new looking alloys!.

> Dan FR: why do you say they won't fit the majority of vehicles on this forum?

....coz they are 5 x 112 not 5 x 100 fitment.....?

#13 Ian_TDI

Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

Well I don't do face book, but I looked on a friends face book account and selling wheels didn't seem straight forward (to me), so I gave up.

I advertised them on eBay and gumtree.  In the end it was a buyer from Gumtree who bought them.  Which is good because I didn't have to pay hefty ebay charged (10% I think).

I also advertised on the selling forum on here, but got no replies.

I only got £250 for my 4 beautiful wheels, so I was a bit disdappointed.  4 good tyres too.  But at least they have gone.

Perhaps you should have started a new post here called "would I have any luck selling my wheels on face book"  and by the way here is a nice photo of them.  (A bit like I did!)

#14 welder1

welder1

welder1

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • South East Kent
  • Jetta Sport 2.0 TDI CR 140PS DSG

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

What diameter are the wheels and the et please . Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users