#1 marvin

marvin

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • S.London UK

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

About a week ago I went into a VW dealership in Sevenoaks, Kent just to have a look again at the Golf and Golf SV. I was apprehended by  salesperson and told them my doubts about the electronic handbrake which has always been a bugbear of mine. I was asked whether I wanted a demo there and then so took them up on that and went out for a short run and found the system to work admirably.

I went back to the showroom and explained that I was after a Golf Match Edition in Reflex Silver with a 1.4TSI engine, manual transmission etc. ideally, I would have liked Climate Control but when I was told that they had 3 cars in their system that fulfilled my requirement except Climate, it shocked me. After a few minutes talking to the manager I was then told that they had one of these cars in their car park ready for purchase and so that was that - I placed a deposit last Friday and picked it up yesterday!

I am very pleased with my new car and am trying to get used to the complexities of the Infotainment system and all that goes with it. I was surprised that the recommended tyre pressures were so much higher (35psi)  than on my old MK6 (same engine virtually) and the ride felt a bit hard but the pressures, at the moment as supplied, are higher than recommended so will adjust them morning and then reset the TPMS.

Unfortunately the fitted tyres are Hankooks and not Michelin.

Bought new Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps Manual.

#2 al_kaholik

al_kaholik

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Newbury
  • Bora Highline TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Don't be too quick to ditch the Hankooks, they are OEM for the 7 series at the moment.

Hope you enjoy the new car

#3 marvin

marvin

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • S.London UK

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

al_kaholik, on 08 Jul 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Don't be too quick to ditch the Hankooks, they are OEM for the 7 series at the moment.

Hope you enjoy the new car

Many thanks.

It's  shame the My Profile section cannot be edited to show the Golf MK7, from the list of models. It seems to end with the MK6!

#4 radox

radox

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • York, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Congrats on the new car Marvin. Coincidentally I picked up a used Mk 7 a few days earlier: http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk7

And we thought the Mk 5 was advanced ;-)

Stuart

#5 marvin

marvin

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • S.London UK

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

radox, on 12 Jul 2016 - 1:58 PM, said:

Congrats on the new car Marvin. Coincidentally I picked up a used Mk 7 a few days earlier: http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk7

And we thought the Mk 5 was advanced ;-)

Stuart

Indeed! This car also had heated cloth seats which I'm sure the VW configurator didn't say was included. For my own needs that is a feature I will probably never use.

#6 gerrywac

gerrywac

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3255 posts
  • West Yorks
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

Happy new car to both of you, I hope you enjoy them very much

And thanks to Stuart for your blog on your Mk5 which I I discovered several years ago when I bought my Mk5 have followed since and proved very useful when I had issues with my bonnet release.

It must be strange to be without it after all this time

#7 radox

radox

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • York, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

Thanks gerrywac. Nice to hear that you found my VW Golf Mk 5 blog useful. I've already started blogging about my Mk 7.

I still have my Mk 5 but not for much longer. See http://www.autotrade...201607055568812

Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk7

#8 bobfish45

bobfish45

Fossil

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 755 posts
  • manchester
  • Bora SE TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Hmmmm, quite envious.