#1 philo

philo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

Hi All,

Following on from the sad goodbye to my MKV (I posted a thread in relevant section) I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a nearly(ish) new MKVII. Its cost way more than I thought I should spend but my buyers remorse is being tempered by the excitement of a new car  :) (that might change when I go in to sort out finance etc tomorrow  ;)

In about a week I'll be the proud owner of a 2014 Metallic Night Blue 2.0 TDI GT Estate. Its got more toys than I have ever seen and I'm very pleased.

Beyond wanting to tell everyone about the new car I posted because I was wondering if there Is there anything I should know about the MKVII? also the dealer is trying to sell me LifeShine for £240ish, is it worth it?

#2 marvin

marvin

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • S.London UK

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

philo, on 07 Aug 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hi All,

Following on from the sad goodbye to my MKV (I posted a thread in relevant section) I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a nearly(ish) new MKVII. Its cost way more than I thought I should spend but my buyers remorse is being tempered by the excitement of a new car  :) (that might change when I go in to sort out finance etc tomorrow  ;)

In about a week I'll be the proud owner of a 2014 Metallic Night Blue 2.0 TDI GT Estate. Its got more toys than I have ever seen and I'm very pleased.

Beyond wanting to tell everyone about the new car I posted because I was wondering if there Is there anything I should know about the MKVII? also the dealer is trying to sell me LifeShine for £240ish, is it worth it?

Welcome  and I hope your purchase lives up to your expectations. As you will see below I bought a new Golf Match Edition 1.4TSI 2016 reg about a month ago but one doesn't seem to get much response nowadays from these VW Golf Forums. Perhaps they've been out too long now and most people have got fed up talking about them. The only sites where there is a lot of discussion are those in the US where all they discuss is mods, the moment they get their cars!

My main reason for putting off getting one for so long was due to the implementation of the Electronic handbrake and Autohold but so far these two things work faultlessly, at the moment and are extremely useful. The only thing I may have to investigate is road noise in the cabin on all but the smoothest road surfaces and this is in complete contrast to my MK6 which I had for nearly 7 years.

My car came with Hankook tyres about which I know nothing about but the two previous Golfs were shod, ex Factory with Michelins and they were excellent tyres.

I don't know whether to run the car a bit and then ditch them for another make - an expensive experiment, although Internet research isn't all that conclusive in their findings.

Bought new Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps Manual.

#3 davemk

davemk

More than a fleeting interest

• Moderators
  • 8594 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

No, the Lifeshine isn't worth it. Save the money and get a detailer to give it some attention.

Congrats on the purchase.

uk-audis-banner2.gif

A3 Sport 2.0TDI 170

#4 philo

philo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hi guys,

Car arrived today, earlier than thought but dealer has an event this weekend so wanted to clear space and so expedited.

Car is awesome, feels very much quicker than the MKV and also much more refined, the interior is far better quality and overall I cant quite believe I own it (the finance company does really but they don't get to drive it :-) )

@marvin - I have noticed road noise from the tyres, the car came with 18 inch wheels and very low profile tyres (just checked - they are Bridgestone Potenza's) which I had assumed was the reason, maybe not based on your experience though. Its not too much of an issue for me as I have 3 kids so any noise apart from screaming/fighting is welcome  ;) .

I was also concerned about the electronic handbrake, I struggle with the one on my wife's A5 but so far the auto-hold has meant I don't have to touch it which seems to have kept me out of trouble. It's also just nice having a car I can park on a hill, the handbrake on my MKV was knackered for the last few weeks I had it.

@davemk - Thanks, I skipped the Lifeshine, will try to find someone to get it looking good although I think the dark blue color will be a nightmare to keep clean, first thing on the purchase list will be roof bars followed by something to stop the dog from scratching the bumper when she gets in.

#5 gti_guy83

gti_guy83

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

Riding on 17's on mk4 tdi .. personally i notice a bit of difference from my 18inch thin profile tyres . Definitely smoother.
And id advise anyone that likes their car to be shiny shiny to invest in a bottle of devil shine wax Polish and some soft cloths .
Makes my gloss black faded crappy 14 yearold paint job look bootifull. 👍😈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users