Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

I personally work at a dealership and not a single person has complained of loss of power/economy from the software recall,

I personally wouldn't exepect a different response from VW.  I'm sure the same will be said by VW about the h/w fix too.

At the end of the day I agree with Adam:

Performance/economy has to take a hit. You can't get low NOx without losing MPG/vice versa.

My mk6 2.0TDI went to the VW garage for MOT and Service, I requested they did not do the software update, and they (said they) didn't.

Car still passed the emissions test despite what they know about the effects of the trickery.  I'd have thought they factor low emissions from cheated cars into the pass/fail criteria by now.

#32 Ian_TDI

Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

I personally wouldn't exepect a different response from VW.  I'm sure the same will be said by VW about the h/w fix too.

At the end of the day I agree with Adam:

My mk6 2.0TDI went to the VW garage for MOT and Service, I requested they did not do the software update, and they (said they) didn't.

Car still passed the emissions test despite what they know about the effects of the trickery.  I'd have thought they factor low emissions from cheated cars into the pass/fail criteria by now.

#33 Kip123

Kip123

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England
  • MKI Models

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hi I've had my admissions up date on my 2.0 Passat 11 plate 170 bhp and not sure if it's connected but it's only started happening as soon as I had the update, a really loud fan comes on when I've finished my journey. This has happened six times in 3 months sounds like it's going to blow.

I have no warning lights on and at first I thought it was my DPF filter which I thought was strange as I'm not a slow driver and I use motorway at least twice a week doing easily 40 mile each time. So I read up and have put it in "s" mode and kept revs up at 3000 for over 15 mins several times to make sure it was cleaning and I have still had this loud fan come on. It's been on my friend diagnostics machine and has no faults. This has never happened before had the car two years and it's only done 52000

Anyone had this problem ?

Cheers Kurt

#34 Kip123

Kip123

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England
  • MKI Models

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

http://www.honestjoh...-emissions-fix/

Looks like people are !!!!

#35 Kip123

Kip123

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England
  • MKI Models

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

http://www.honestjoh...-emissions-fix/

Looks like they are read comments at the bottom of this forum

#36 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Hi I've had my admissions up date on my 2.0 Passat 11 plate 170 bhp and not sure if it's connected but it's only started happening as soon as I had the update, a really loud fan comes on when I've finished my journey. This has happened six times in 3 months sounds like it's going to blow.

I have no warning lights on and at first I thought it was my DPF filter which I thought was strange as I'm not a slow driver and I use motorway at least twice a week doing easily 40 mile each time. So I read up and have put it in "s" mode and kept revs up at 3000 for over 15 mins several times to make sure it was cleaning and I have still had this loud fan come on. It's been on my friend diagnostics machine and has no faults. This has never happened before had the car two years and it's only done 52000

Anyone had this problem ?

Cheers Kurt

The DPF will regen itself automatically, it doesn't need to light on unless  its actually blocked or has a problem when it regens the car will run hotter and get the dpf red hot which is why youre hearing the cooling fans running more often. From what little research ive done into this, it seems that part of the new mapping basically makes the dpf regen more often as well as increased egr usage, That also seems to tie in with some of the comments in the link above.

#37 dieseljuice

dieseljuice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Can vagcom be used to check if the software update has been done or not? or how can I tell?

Just  I do not want it at all but car might be going in for cam belt change this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users