#1 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Brexit

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Faultless / Brilliant  :D  :D  Its been Well worth the wait..

Roll on next Friday

MK4 Golf is the graveyard of Ambition  :D

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts
  • Suffolk
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

they should've bought the name of the BBC... that said it is and was brilliant looking forward to the new episode.

#3 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

Those three are more than just the name. This has forced a (slightly needed) refresh of the show & format which is no bad thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than Chris Evans' attempt at continuing Top Gear

20160424_174354_1.jpg

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+ ...  :D PSN: PuntoGT031087. VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Logging, Coding, SKC retrieval & Immo work, MTE + Lit needles, Auto windows etc.. 1.9 TDI PD - Mapping & tweaking, LC, Popcorn etc

#4 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

I tried to watch the BBC's attempt to continue topgear..... it just wasn't right... this just felt like a refresh of topgear and for the better hence the reason I said they should've bought the name that way they could've kept our favorite racing driver.. 

#5 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Brexit

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

The BBC just might as well give up on Topgear  :Y:

#6 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9479 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

It's much like watching (the previous) topgear again, which is nice.

Glad they stuck to much similar format.

The new race track looks jokes!

<a href="http://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#7 TomasLT

TomasLT

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Loved it. Didn't like the new track tho. I'd shoot myself just watching something like koenigsegg drive on it. Especially with that fat illegitimate child american in it. It makes me mad just thinking he will get to drive all those amazing cars. Hope it was just a one time skit.

F#ck that guy.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TomasLT, 19 November 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#8 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

i did like his rant on anything that isn't a v8 or american.....COMMUNIST! 

#9 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8343 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

I liked it other than the snake and parachute fail scenes. Was a bit too slapstick for me. Otherwise enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one.

:)

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#10 Franko180

Franko180

99 Ronnie

• Car of the Year
  • 2604 posts
  • Haldex City
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

Those three are more than just the name. This has forced a (slightly needed) refresh of the show & format which is no bad thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than Chris Evans' attempt at continuing Top Gear

Agree that old Top Gear was good but needed a refresh. This new show is what these guys are good at, not necessarily a good "car" show, but a great entertainment show with cars. I like that the BBC still has Top Gear, if you are into cars/motoring then its just another option to watch, along with The Grand Tour. I don't see the need for everyone to keep hating on BBC's Top Gear, even if you didn't like Chris Evans in it, it still had some decent cars and giggles in it. I see it as a glass half full thing, now we have two car shows with decent budgets behind them.

r32%20rescue2_zpss0lccikh.jpg
MK4 Golf R32 - Rescue Build Thread                        

#11 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

no one is slamming the BBC's Topgear.... we all just noticed it wasn't as entertaining.... I did enjoy the internet version way more than the TV program in the new setup... and i rather would see German Sabine as the main presenter over Matt... and maybe they need some more people that just test cars that aren't big presenters.... all in all the program still gives us enough info on new cars, supercars and of course stuff that is motoring related... it's just less entertaining and that is just the way it is.... and if I had my way I would get JK  as a presenter... but hey that is just my view on things....and yes they should've given them the programs name it would take away the obvious comparing that we all guilty off. 

Other than that the Grand Tour was just right with the entertainment. 

#12 Franko180

Franko180

99 Ronnie

• Car of the Year
  • 2604 posts
  • Haldex City
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

My comment on the Top Gear hate was a general comment about Top Gear, not about this thread. There has been a tidal wave of hate online for the last series of Top Gear is if it was the worst thing ever, totally over the top. People totally lost sight of the fact that The Grand Tour was on its way, so they would actually be better off with two choices of British motoring shows instead of one. The Top Gear YouTube channel has had a ridiculous number of "dislikes" on some of their videos, totally unfair compared to some of the poorly produced garbage on YouTube that people claim to "like". Taste is always an individual thing and you can't force people to like things, but for car/motoring video content (which isn't always claiming or trying to be entertaining/funny) some of the stuff on the "Motor Trend" channel on YouTube is right up there with the best, really well filmed/produced content. Their review of the Audi R8 V10 plus was a great video, lots of things other car shows haven't done such as closing a public road and driving the car over 180 mph on it and a really good split screen comparison on a race track to a Lambo V10 at the end of the vid, telemetry overlaid on screen and no "entertainers" talking over it:  https://www.youtube....h?v=HTTbVygKrP4

Worth checking out the various Motor Trend videos and channels, these two for mega and often ridiculous car builds and some road trips:

Road Kill - https://www.youtube....CEA3BC&index=58

Hot Rod Garage - https://www.youtube....PiABMmItllqqFbb

This one for comparing/reviewing cars in various speed/road/handling tests:

Head to Head -  https://www.youtube....97180860447EE6A

#13 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

My issue with Top Gear started and ended with Chris Evans..... I can't stand him!. Chris Harris - great, "Joey Tribbiani" - Not bad, started to grow on me as the series progressed...... but Chris Evans, for me, made it unwatchable. With that I quite look forward to the next series and I'm sure i'll enjoy the show again

20160424_174354_1.jpg

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+ ...  :D PSN: PuntoGT031087. VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Logging, Coding, SKC retrieval & Immo work, MTE + Lit needles, Auto windows etc.. 1.9 TDI PD - Mapping & tweaking, LC, Popcorn etc

#14 TomasLT

TomasLT

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=02MDAT4giVg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

I personally loved it Amazon have all 3 of them full control of what they wanted to do and how were as the BBC would always be keen to jump in and "tone" it down despite Clarksons aim to make it stand out, I doubt that the BBC would be able to keep it going with Matt Leblanc as the only host, something I thourght was a bit on the "budget" side is the track how can you call that a track, short straight with 2 loops on either end despite they have a big runway right next to it :S

Overall I'd say it was brilliant can't wait for episode 2 now and hopefuly less Americans "Test" driving complaning that all European and Jap cars are too small

23uzi1z.jpg

#16 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Overall I'd say it was brilliant can't wait for episode 2 now and hopefuly less Americans "Test" driving complaning that all European and Jap cars are too small

You mean communist!!! LOL 

#17 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Brexit

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

Well Episode 2 of the Grand Tour  was just like the old topgear we all know  :Y:

loved it..

#18 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

Not so fussed this week.... All a bit silly with the whole special forces thing.... And that beautiful car (Vulcan) was absolutely wasted on that silly little track they have. Either that or the old boy behind the wheel doesn't look to be ringing its neck as much as he could be. 

20160424_174354_1.jpg

#19 Boobynobs

Boobynobs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • N'Ireland
  • Bora Highline TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:25 AM

New show is grt. Top Gear was always gonna suffer, becoz it was Clarkson/Hamster/May that made it so popular. Just wondered what anyone else thinks bout the amount of music being played in the background, on G..Tour. When testing performance cars.. eg.. BMW M2 and La Ferrari v P1 v 918, i'd rather hear engine/exhaust sound unaccompanied!! While it's not that intrusive (compared to other motoring progs) i just don't see the point! [ or is it just me } lol. R

#20 vetrox

vetrox

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Dover, Kent
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

I was really enjoying episode 2 right up to the point it turned into what was making the old top gear turn stale and boring.

Heavily scripted rubbish. I didnt even make it to the end of the episode because that special forces bit was boring as hell

#21 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8343 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

I found it boring during the special forces bit. Just got distracted by other stuff which shows I wasn't paying attention.

Still OK, but E01 was better.

:Y:

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#22 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9479 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

The special forces bit was awful. 30mins wasted on nothing, no car content, no entertainment factor, it was really poor from these 3

<a href="http://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#23 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

The special forces bit was awful. 30mins wasted on nothing, no car content, no entertainment factor, it was really poor from these 3

Gotta agree the first bit sure it was a bit of a laugh and then got boring, nothing like their cheap car challenges now those were great

23uzi1z.jpg

#24 AshOHFK

AshOHFK

Ash

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1204 posts
  • Cornwall
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

Second ep was pretty shocking, as above, what a waste of time that feature was

Owned far too many mkivs.

#25 Franko180

Franko180

99 Ronnie

• Car of the Year
  • 2604 posts
  • Haldex City
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

2nd episode was a perfect example of what I said earlier, its an entertainment show with cars in it. I know people worship the ground Clarkson walks on because of his personality and behaviour but even his review of that Aston Martin was same old same old from his Top Gear days, usually not liking something or exposing it's weaknesses and then at the end of the review he throw's a curve and decides he does actually like it. Wow edgey and original! I think they should play to their strengths and stick to the daft car road trips and banger/cheap car challenges. I wouldn't care if they didn't review a car ever again, plenty of YouTube channels do it way better.

#26 Dan FR

Dan FR

Meth addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • Caerdydd
  • Mk5 Models

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

Enjoyed this weeks  :D

20160424_174354_1.jpg

#27 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Brexit

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

As said above   :Y:  best one up to now

#28 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3055 posts
  • Brexit

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Another good show this week off the 3 guys..

Even got to see a mk4 golf, according to them its now a Museum piece  :Y: 

#29 Thrasher

Thrasher

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Herts
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

I really didn't enjoy any of the studio bits, the terrible scripted jokes, the ridiculous dying celebrity , the American racing driver communist jokes ( every week ).

The pre-filmed stuff was enjoyable however, but on the whole, I'm not fussed if I watch it or not, which is a shame, as I really wanted to enjoy something on TV for once. :)

#30 Franko180

Franko180

99 Ronnie

• Car of the Year
  • 2604 posts
  • Haldex City
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Not watched last night's yet. The series is okay but didn't anyone else find the gag the other week wore thin where they had Hammond playing the role of the "young" yob in the american yank tank misbehaving childishly compared to the "grown ups" in the Aston Martin / Rolls Royce? it was all a bit predictable after the first few laughs. The show is alright, but I was a bit fed up with it anyway to be honest even before it ended on the BBC. I only really enjoy the occasional epic road trip they do, otherwise can take it or leave it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users