Photo

In a Polo 6C 1.2 TSI, Coming from a 1.6 TDI, and a Mk4 before that.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 anthpace91

anthpace91

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Malta
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hey Everyone...

It's been an age since I've posted anything on here. 

I wanted to ask for an opinion. 

After my Mk4's Door Locks gave up the ghost yet again, I gave up on it, and sold it for a Mk6 1.6TDI SE. It was an awesome car in all respects, but then the Black Roof warped in the summer heat, I tried to have it fixed, and it only came back after a month.

I traded it in for a New Polo 1.2 TSI, and honestly.... I hate it. - It's not the same thing. 

I don't know what to do. - I've been offered another 1.6TDI with DSG, but it's not as well equipped as the Polo. 

The polo is loaded, but feels like I'm driving a washing machine. having come from a Mk4 and a Mk6 respectively, it's a massive downgrade. 

I don't know if I should take the 1.6 TDI, or try to make this damned Washing Machine look and drive better. 

What do you think I should do? 

Attached Files

#2 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9358 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

Why does it have to be this particular mk6?   just keep searching till you find a the right one?

<a href="http://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#3 anthpace91

anthpace91

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Malta

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

I've found another Mk6, it's 1.6TDI DSG, and it's in amazing condition. 

The Dealership offered me a straight swap between my car, and his.

It's an SE Model, but that can easily be upgraded with the same tech that the match has, alot of the stuff has gone down in price since I had my last Mk6. 

The Mk6 that I had before was an SE, but it's roof warped, and I had to get rid of it. - it was a botched repair, I'm sure of it. 

It's this Mk6 because it's the only one that I've been offered without adding cash on top of it! 

#4 grit

grit

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • herts
  • Golf VI SE TSI 1.4 122PS

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

hi anthpac91

I have a 122tsi mk6 and I know exactly what you mean , I had a new courtesy polo when my golf was being serviced and I couldn't believe how it was compared to the golf I know its not in the same category but it was as you say like a washing machine. and it wasn't a one off because I've had four polo's as a hire car when on holiday and they was all the same (they had nothing else ) . this is only my option but I would give it up your never going to improve the car and only be wasting your money, so good luck

grit

Grit 122 tsi

#5 anthpace91

anthpace91

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Malta

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

hi anthpac91

I have a 122tsi mk6 and I know exactly what you mean , I had a new courtesy polo when my golf was being serviced and I couldn't believe how it was compared to the golf I know its not in the same category but it was as you say like a washing machine. and it wasn't a one off because I've had four polo's as a hire car when on holiday and they was all the same (they had nothing else ) . this is only my option but I would give it up your never going to improve the car and only be wasting your money, so good luck

grit

I agree entirely. 

The Polo can't be improved at all. - I've come from the Mk4 and then the Mk6... if the Mk6 1.6 TDI didn't have the wobbly roof, I'd still be with it today. 

I'm going to go ahead and do this. - I'll have the car looked over, but I think this is going to be the one. 

#6 anthpace91

anthpace91

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Malta

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

This is a sane decision right? I mean, A Golf is always going to be infinitely superior to a Polo, no matter how you slice it.... 

What do you think? 

#7 grit

grit

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • herts
  • Golf VI SE TSI 1.4 122PS

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

Its your call, make sure the golf is sound and has f/s/h if you go for it

grit