2 replies to this topic

#1 theblueflash

theblueflash

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Ok so I've just picked up a mk7 gtd and already got an issue (self inflicted)

Trying to turn off the static cornering lights (fog lights on low speed turning)
There is an option in the cars menu
Which is called bend lighting

20170108_155622.jpg

to set this but that doesn't seem to do anything. So I went into vcds and headlights, long coding and found in byte 6 static cornering with 3 options to check.

20170108_155657.jpg

Mine was set to option 2. So I checked option 1 and came back out. Hey presto the fogs no longer come on when turning or reversing.

Only problem now is I have an error code

20170108_155530.jpg

This registers in vcds as well but cannot be removed. I've tried the original long code and checking the cars menu option again but that doesn't work. Even more annoying is with everything set to it was before I can't actually get them to work again.
Anybody got any ideas?

Please no spammers about why I want them off they are for safety blah blah. We all like to mod our cars and im just not a fan of them. So any help appreciated. Thanks

-

#2 mustard

mustard

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • West Susssex
  • Golf VI GTI 2.0 210PS

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

I thought the bend lighting was the zenons, at least it was with my Mk6, so I assume that it is the same for the Mk7. The cornering lights on mine (Golf R) are seperate halogen bulbs, which come on at low speed when I turn, which is I believe the same as your fog lights. Have you tried to re-tick the Dynamic Bend Lighting box.

may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but I think the two are different.

#3 philo

philo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Mustard is right, the dynamic cornering lights are different to static, dynamic is for long range bends and is a feature I'd love to have on my GT. Static cornering is just the fog lights for low speed.

Not really sure on the error but may be worth checking you didn't blow the bulb when you changed settings, seems a bulb issue can cause those sort of errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users