Photo

Boot sensor thinks the boot is open, when it is closed.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JellybeanGreen2

JellybeanGreen2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Golf V S 1.6 FSI 115PS

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

hello all,

Last Thursday I was driving to Brackley, I used my rear wind-screen wiper as usual. However all of a sudden on the motorway the car starts beeping (really loud) saying on the dash that the boot is open. I'm like great, So I pull over and as expected it is closed and locked. The central locking works fine. However, the light on the dash flickers, it thinks its open, then closed briefly and then goes back to open again. This morning the battery on the car was completely dead. Because of this when I lock the car I believe the alarm goes off because the car thinks it's open. Additionally when you drive, the car does beep every second which is very loud and irritating. I had to deal with an hour and a half of it on the way back from Brackley!

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue on a MK5 Golf S 1.6 FSI. The buzzer is beeping that bad it causes me migraines!! the past few days I have had to use headphones it is that bad. - The car is currently in the garage having work done to pass its MOT. So the garage should look at this next. But just wondering if there is any information to a solution someone might have and also, a rough price to resolve the issue.

I have attached a link to my dropbox just to show you a video of what happens when I drive:

https://dl.dropboxus...32/IMG_2211.m4v

Thanks.

#2 lukbenphi

lukbenphi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Bakewell
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Sounds like your rear washer pipe has become loose and is leaking on the electrics, had exactly the same thing happen on my old mk 4  don't know where the common place to leak is i'm afraid but i'm sure a search will bring up the data you need 

#3 adam-

adam-

K04-064'd 1.8t

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4164 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

As above. Fluid leak likely, avoid using the washer before you fix it, it causes rust. The microswitch will need cleaned and hope it's okay, or replace the lock.

facebook.com/adamforbes92

ig: adamforbes92

#4 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

I would of thourght VW fixed this issue from the Mk5's considering it's a common fault with the Mk4's since the waters probally leaked onto the boot electric's/sensor best thing to do is to change the boot sensor and that should cure your problems, you could "try" to dry it out but personally I think that once it becomes soaked its had it

23uzi1z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users