Photo

what have you done to your car today......

• Please log in to reply
13226 replies to this topic

#13201 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5697 posts
  • Suffolk
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

So as I started working on the car god decided it would be funny to pee on me.... So I got as far as getting the dual mass off and replaced it with the single mass.... Still need to clean the gearbox and fit the rest.. If it is dry tomorrow I will continue

#13202 jamesm86

jamesm86

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • South Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Back in a mk4 Golf again.... my 4th in 12 years, this my 3rd PD130, however its a 2dr. Basically bought to be a motorway slogger fpr the commute.

Lots to do to get this back up to its glory, this car only cost £1k!

Already replaced the entire Intercooler plumbing last week, plus a newer shiny Intercooler & pancake (1.8T).

Yesterday, I replaced the drivers door lock module due to the car not unlocking with fey fob and thinking it was still closed (after using key lock), seeing as though i've done this before, it was really easy.

This weekend, I will be tackling the passenger one also - as the puddle light wont light (even though bulb is fine and fuse ok). So this will be the usual circuit board failing at one of its 6 solder joints.

Once that's done, I have a nice mod which some of you might be interested in doing - outside door handle lights (like on later BMW's). I did this on my Fabia VRS with success. I'll be making a little guide to this - i've already made a start to this and drilled the key blanks in readiness for the Ozium LEDs to be fitted..

Plus lots of rust to eliminate!

Get a how to up for this when done, will be great to see 

#13203 focusst

focusst

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

Right... changed the passenger door lock and have completed the outside LED install. Easy peasy... who said mk4's were awkward to work on lol!
I'll do a guide now

#13204 focusst

focusst

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

I've put it in Cool Mods for Skint people

#13205 brianpologti

brianpologti

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

Started trying to get the daily 1.8t ready for mot , changed a wishbone went to do arb bush , bolt insert starts spinning, ends up dropping the subframe and cutting it off bit of a nightmare,

Carried out some bits for mot /getting it up to how I like it new battery ,reset airbag light due to battery died , found a water leak and slight oil leak , so ordered bits , aswell as oil /filters etc , then other wishbone/arb bush , clean and mot time,

#13206 Stonedofmoo

Stonedofmoo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Portsmouth, UK.
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

With some help I fitted my new Darkside S3 FMIC, no more dodgy clips or plastic end tanks - woot!

Also we decided to fit my eBay special quick shift kit, adjusted it with a short throw - wow, what a difference! It's how it should have been...

PD230: Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 turbo, Bobby Singh remap. 230bhp/340lbs torque

#13207 jamesm86

jamesm86

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • South Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

Today i removed the lettering on the boot.
Looks so much cleaner at the back

#13208 Glendil

Glendil

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Croydon
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

With some help I fitted my new Darkside S3 FMIC, no more dodgy clips or plastic end tanks - woot!
Also we decided to fit my eBay special quick shift kit, adjusted it with a short throw - wow, what a difference! It's how it should have been...

What did u go for I considered 1

#13209 Stonedofmoo

Stonedofmoo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Portsmouth, UK.
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Some cheapy bronze job for about £25 iirc. tbh it wouldn't really make much difference which one you get, they're all just the same,

PD230: Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 turbo, Bobby Singh remap. 230bhp/340lbs torque

#13210 brianpologti

brianpologti

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Some cheapy bronze job for about £25 iirc. tbh it wouldn't really make much difference which one you get, they're all just the same,

I've got some inserts to replace the bushes made up , just got to confirm they fit my 5 and 6 speed , hopefully they got measurements right , then I be selling , cheaper if your part of ukmkivs ,

#13211 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5697 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

I had to go to the scrappy today as i found that the clutch bearing release fork has been seriously damaged... it has cracks and basically lost it's shape where the bearing normally sits... and to my surprise they actually knew what part it was and had it so i got it and while i was at it I asked for an oem ns front drive shaft with both inner and outer cv on... got the lot for 15 pounds i couldn't be happier.. means that i can continue the rebuilt on Wednesday 

#13212 UKVBob

UKVBob

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Bournemouth
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:53 AM

Rebuilt wiper mech using donor parts.

Both drivers side shafts were seized, on inspection neither had the O-rings that were supposed to be there but passenger sides did and were fine...assembly fap up at factory?

EQTiTeJg.jpg

#13213 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5697 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Not today but yesterday I finally finished putting the gearbox back on with the salvaged fork and a NS drive shaft.

Took me quite some time to do it. But hey it is done I decided to start the car and it flies to the revs.... I did expect a better reaction but this is awesome.... I'm really pleased with the SMF conversion.

#13214 Glendil

Glendil

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Replaced my rear door lock mechanism seems it was done b4 as bolts were mulled so not in tight ATM and new bolts on order

#13215 focusst

focusst

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Couple of things today....
Fitted a new Alternator pulley, old one was giving the screech at low turning speed.
Also a new gti gear knob... golf ball shaped. Looks ace

#13216 sailaway

sailaway

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Mid Sussex
  • Golf IV Estate SE TDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

Just had an aircon/climate control service by Brighton Autoair.
Got the recomendation via this forum a whole back. Can't fault the guys work. Top job, done on my driveway.
Full system drain, clean, pressure test, refill and service report for £45. (If there is an issue and they cannot put it right they charge a flat rate of a tenner).
Who needs rattle cans from Hellfrauds anyway...... ;-)
Ice cold! Now, where's my coat!

#13217 gerrywac

gerrywac

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3437 posts
  • West Yorks
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Agree on thr aircon that it's something best left to an expert if you can get a decent price which isnt that difficult if you shop round. I needed a new condensor after an accident and fitted it myself and looked for someone to check it out and regas etc. They were £40 in Leeds. Full extract, vac, dispose/recycle, timed pressure test then refill inc oil and dye and test and report. They dont charge anything if the pressure test fails and they will let you take it away and bring it back or will check and qoute for repairs.

The refill cans are just too expensuve to even take a risk on IMHO

Sent from my GT-I8190N

#13218 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Danger Seeker

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3064 posts
  • Brexit-Land

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Took the V5 for MOT.. Passed with no problems  :D

:cop:   MK4 Golf is the graveyard of Ambition    :cop:

#13219 Spud84

Spud84

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Walsall, West Midlands.
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v ARZ 150PS

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:30 AM

Finally got around to changing both rear shocks, the old shocks we're f*****d. £42 + vat for both from ECP.

#13220 Stereogeezer

Stereogeezer

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Derby
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Been a really busy time for me and haven't been on for ages but finally got round to some long awaited upgrades and changes: Chuffed I managed it all my self (except the remap of course!

Saikou michi catch can

G60 fly wheel

VR6 clutch

550cc injectors

Airtec fmic

BBT K300 turbo and standard ported manifold

Evap delete

SAI delete

N249 delete

N112 delete

RTech live remap

The results of all that are 301bhp and 306ft lbs! 

Still plenty to do but the old girl goes really well now!! Should probably have done a build thread although I suppose nothing here is particularly revolutionary!!

1.8T AUM | Magic Black | R32 brakes | Braided hoses | BBS CH 18" | Milltek turbo back with de-cat | R-Tech induction | R-Tech Supersize TIP  | 4MO valence | JOM coilovers | TT Roll bar | BBT K300 | 550cc bosch | R-Tech live re-map | 301bhp | 306ftlbs | Airtec FMIC | G60 SMF | VR6 clutch | At least 100 smiles per gallon  :D  :D

#13221 Ceedark

Ceedark

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • London

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Was this the uprated one they do or the standard S3 sized one?

How does it fit?

Just trying to build my idea of a clean Mk4.

#13222 DaveDup

DaveDup

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Passed the MOT today, was a new garage so a bit nervous about it.  Came to collect from my work, washed and vacuumed it and returned to work after the MOT all for less than £40 including a new sidelight bulb.  (Which was working when I left home and gone when I got to work!)

Couple of advisories, rear brakes, which probably just need a damn good clean, one track rod end slight wear shown up on the shaker plate and one shock shroud thing deteriorated.  Not bad for an old girl with 192k on the clock.

Happy now.

DaveDup

TDI130 + 1.8t

#13223 A20vnutter

A20vnutter

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Weston super mare

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Fitted a TT strut brace, cleaned all the crap from behind the front wheel arch liners and drilled holes into the drivers side wheel arch liner to aid the side mount inter cooler!

Gotta be worth +5bhp 😜

#13224 Glendil

Glendil

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

Fitted my new arms n bushes 🤓 My bushes on the left side had split I know have some serious toe out lol was like skating on ice n too late in the day to get tracking done so gotta look around tomorrow as my normal place is shut my only option on a sunday is looking at kwik fix but looking for something of a longer fix 😜

#13225 jake williams

jake williams

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Scarborough, North Yorkshire
  • Bora Highline TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Well my car received a probation notice because i cut my ARB due to being too low, DVSA said it is too unsafe to drive, gave me a 25mph speed limit to take it home and its now at a garrage getting a valid MOT certificate so it can become "road legal" again. 

#13226 Thai-wronghorse

Thai-wronghorse

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts
  • Kent
  • Other Models

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

We're you just randomly pulled over?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#13227 TomasLT