Photo

Upgraded motor! Advice and opinions on future plans? (MK6 Jetta)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 benn_jetta

benn_jetta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Leeds
  • Jetta Sport 2.0 TDI 140PS DPF

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

Evening all, I haven't posted on here since last year when I was asking about over-boost on my MK5 Jetta. Ive since upgraded (just last week) to a newer 62 plate MK6 Jetta Sport! Im loving it so far and its a whole world away from the rattle of a pumpe duse engine! My post today is just to seek anybody's experiences and advice on potential modifications and tricks/improvements that can be achieved on this CR lump.

Naturally the youth in me wants to remap it, its done 55k and has full VW history (purchased from VW also) so im sure this will be fine? (ive just jynxed myself) quotes so far differ depending on the level of service I want. Im after a full custom rolling road map, not a generic flash from some premade file. Celtic tuning (generic flash) claim to have got one to 206 BHP and CGR in Rotherham (RR) tell me im looking anywhere between 170 - 190, id be happy with 190 im sure. In addition that brings me to the whole plan of EGR/DPF delete but do I REALLY want to if im not planning on going over 200? I know its alot better for fuel and such but id rather not f*ck about with it too much just yet! Also can the clutch take the additional ummmpf?

There are also a couple of niggles id like to iron out or atleast have advice on if anyone could be so kind?

• Does 'mirror down' function actually work on a euro model?
  • Why do the RNS315 and MIDI cable for Samsung not seem to speak to each other?

Finally (for now) are there any tips or tricks with these motors that I should know about? Hidden convenience settings maybe? Sneaky ways of getting the most of the power? Enlighten me!

Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow dubnut out! Looking forward to hearing from anyone! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users