Photo

VAG-COM - Can I make it auto fold my wing mirrors.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

Will it do this?

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

Unless you have power folding mirrors with the appropriate hardware the answer is no.... but when you retrofit the lot the answer is yes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#3 Calico

Calico

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Crawley West Sussex
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

It might help if you fill in the details about what car you have in your sig mk4s never had folding mirrors as standard.

#4 reTTro fit

reTTro fit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Done this on our TT and will be doing my sons mk5 golf soon
Vcds can't do it on either car, had to be additional hardware

https://youtu.be/SMPwHbEhlgk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Sorry yes should have stated what car I have.

It's a MK6 which already has electric folding mirrors, you twist the nob on the door panel to do it. Just wondered if I can have it fold automatically when the key is inserted, or maybe holding down the fob button like auto windows.

#6 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

Anyone?

#7 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

Automatically Fold Mirror Upon Locking with Remote or
With HOLD for 4 seconds on Door Sensor :

You MUST code BOTH door controllers or only ONE mirror will fold -

[42 - Door Elect. Driver]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 4]
[Bit 6 - Undocumented (1 = active) in Binary String] 
=> Change Bit 6 to 1
Note : Bit 0 is at the far right of the binary string
The HEX value for this byte was probably 1C; Binary Value [00011100]
and the NEW HEX value should be 5C; Binary Value [01011100]

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

[52 - Door Elect. Pass.]
=> Change Bit 6 to 1
The HEX value for this byte was probably 1E; Binary Value [00011110]
and the NEW HEX value should be 5E; Binary Value [01011110]

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

that is how it is done.... just to let you know you need to familiarise yourself with VCDS before doing stuff like this as once you've messed it up and haven't recorded the old values... you have really messed up the coding and there is no telling of what it was in the first place....that is why i put up the most used common code (noted by the word: probably) so if you mess things up you can always go back to a common used code.   

#8 Rubberduck1

Rubberduck1

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Exeter
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Don't quite know why you'd want auto folding mirrors, if the new Focus is anything to go by sure its neat that they fold in on locking the car but come 6 months or so the folding mechanism fails and your then stuck with one that works and one that doesn't, take it to a garage to have it looked at or fixed and your talking £££ for new parts ect.  If you want to get a folding set for the Golf/Bora then price wise even if you could find a set would be stupidly high, the same goes if you were to buy the parts separately and build up electric mirrors yourself if you had the know how, I know there was a guide on here for building auto folding Lupo mirrors but you can't buy a power folding set any more and I think VW have stopped selling the individual components that you'd need to build them....

23uzi1z.jpg

#9 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

Don't quite know why you'd want auto folding mirrors, if the new Focus is anything to go by sure its neat that they fold in on locking the car but come 6 months or so the folding mechanism fails and your then stuck with one that works and one that doesn't, take it to a garage to have it looked at or fixed and your talking £££ for new parts ect.  If you want to get a folding set for the Golf/Bora then price wise even if you could find a set would be stupidly high, the same goes if you were to buy the parts separately and build up electric mirrors yourself if you had the know how, I know there was a guide on here for building auto folding Lupo mirrors but you can't buy a power folding set any more and I think VW have stopped selling the individual components that you'd need to build them....

he's got a mk6 golf so already has electric folding mirrors.... not a mk4 were you have to build your own ;) in this case it is just a little coding that is left to do and the lot works ;) 

#10 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

=> Change Bit 6 to 1

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

[52 - Door Elect. Pass.]
=> Change Bit 6 to 1

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

that is how it is done.... just to let you know you need to familiarise yourself with VCDS before doing stuff like this as once you've messed it up and haven't recorded the old values... you have really messed up the coding and there is no telling of what it was in the first place....that is why i put up the most used common code (noted by the word: probably) so if you mess things up you can always go back to a common used code.   

Cool thanks for this. I'll take a look at it. 

Is there a way to export current settings or to save a image of the current setup to use as a back up.

#11 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Love it when people tell me not to do it instead of how to do it  :unsure:  :lol-lol:

#12 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

=> Change Bit 6 to 1

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

[52 - Door Elect. Pass.]
=> Change Bit 6 to 1

Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

I went into 42 and there is no long code helper there. :angry: 

It's a bit strange it just shows me what's installed in like a pop up speech bubble. This assigns values to each thing in double values so 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128 and then there is a total assigned to the left of it. I'm not a clever enough math wizard to see what those numbers could be... The rest of the page is 'locked out', I wonder if there is a way to unlock it?

#13 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

What version are you using? This is the way it is done with vcds latest version.... the older ones might not have it

#14 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Yeah I think mine is 12 or 14.. 

#15 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

Though mine does have the blocks and bytes on other options, like central convenience.

#16 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

interesting this.... I suggest you check the ross-tech wiki for it but you'll undoubtedly find the same procedure... 

#17 adam-

adam-

K04-064'd 1.8t

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5345 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

Is yours genuine? Non-gen cables suck.

facebook.com/adamforbes92
ig: adamforbes92
Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread.

#18 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

@adam-I may have got this from China  :whistle:

#19 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

https://www.dropbox.... 32 57.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.... 33 07.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.... 33 17.jpg?dl=0

@northpole here are some pictures of the screen.

#20 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

I think it needs the security access code found in the service manual (maybe the bently manual) I will start a new thread in VCDS 

#21 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

right from what i just saw you need to either make a few screen dumps with the current settings.... (fn+ctrl+print screen) than paste it in mspaint... this will take take a picture of the current settings on screen of the active program.... save the pictures somewhere or just write down all the settings.... 

now as far as i saw your code right now is 0004662

on the infoscreen it tells you the code for folding mirrors is 0004096

to activate yours you might want to try 0004696

if it doesn't work... change it back to 0004662

but i am quite sure i got the right code .... this is coding done the older way and every number corresponds to a certain hex-address but simplified to numbers (easier for us to remember)

repeat the same for the other door mirror than test it... and with repeat it i mean the complete procedure:

write down the old code, compare it with the code for folding mirrors

change the numbers accordingly as above  

#22 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

maybe just try the VCDS code 0004096... 

i just read that the mk6 golf uses the different procedure and maybe your version of VCDS/vagcom can't do it the right way. 

#23 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

@northpole the bubble has an addition sign at the start of each line and as 4662 is not represented there I am thinking that for what ever is installed you add the value. This suggests that the 0004096 is already added in. 

Plus the wing mirrors already fold, just not off the fob so they are "installed" as such.

#24 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

oke so i did some more searching and apparently it is only possible with the chinese software version starting with 1KD

When you open the controller in VCDS and it makes contact check the software version.... if it states something other than 1KD it will not work....

you'll need to get the chinese version so i would just leave it if i was you as you really don't want to mix software versions on a canbus network... but according to the guides i found it is possible to mix it if you get the coding right... so you should go through the list of what is installed on your car and check than add those codes together  ...  if the price for the hardware isn't to expensive so basically you'll want your part number but the chinese version as it allows for auto folding mirrors from the keyfob....

read this  it might make it a bit clearer for you. 

PS: the people that tried it on there found the difference in the software... and we all know the tiguan is just a re-shelled golf mk5/mk6 

you might be able to find it at the dealer or straight from chinese Ebay but i have no idea what the cost for the controller is... i would just leave it be if the software version is different. 

#25 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

@northpole had a read of that and a lot of it is way past my comprehension (and I also didn't see the bit you mentioned about the 1kd) but did see it referenced, I shall read some more.) A couple of things that I did get from it is how to figure what is turned on and off already.

So you take the code which is 4662 and change it to hexi decimal, then change that hexi decimal to binary. 

So 4662 => hexidecimal =1236

1236 => binary = 0001 0010 0011 0110

Now if you look at the first photo I added then the 1's and 0's are in the position that shows what is on or off. PLEASE NOTE YOU READ THE BINARY FROM RIGHT TO LEFT.

Sadly this doesn't explain how to get my mirrors to fold but it does tell you how to read the code on these. I assume if you want to change then just reverse engineer the number from a changed binary.

I will read some more.

#26 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Right read it some more, found that 1KD bit (on the first page). I'll scan tomorrow and see what comes up.

#27 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

@northpole

Right I think it's as this then.

Bearing in mind that the Seats and Skoda's have this and 

"The first 3 letters are usually the model of car, for ex:

3C0 - Passat

5N0 - Tiguan

1K0 - Golf"

(That was taken from the other forum.)

If 1K0 is Golf ie VW, maybe 1KD is just the Seat, Skoda code. So all it's saying is I need the Seat part module.

This is just a guess but as the above all end in **0 and are all VW models it's my thinking.... (though this doesn't explain why mine starts 5K0 if you look in my scan)

#28 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

yeah i can see yours is starts with 5KD like i said before you might want to get the right controler from the chinese market... means buy 2 complete folding mirrors including the motors etc from a chinese MK6 or only the internals and swap the lot over... i wouldn't do it and leave it be... alternatively you could ask someone that works at the dealer if it is possible to activate the auto folding on key-out or on the fob....  but from all the guides i have found it's not possible if the part number doesn't start with 1KD.... I don't know of another way of sorting this out maybe you should ask a user called patchrico... he has retrofitted loads of stuff to his mk4 and he might be able to get you a way of doing it.... 

@patchrico maybe you can help the man out, that is if it is possible on his mk6 

#29 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

@northpole 

This is for a MK6 not a MK4.

It already has folding mirrors, all I want is to get them to to work on fob.

But maybe we are just on cross purposes on this last one. I will keep hunting and see if anything helps.

#30 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5699 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

I know it is for a mk6 but someone who knows the ins and outs of vcds would be someone that has retrofitted all sorts of upgrades to a mk4.... and patchrico is the man for that....

Not only do you need to know how to get it working in the mk4 you also need to know how it works in the models you take the parts from.... and if you don't know about his build I suggest you look it up.

If it can be done he will be the person that is in the know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users