Photo

VAG-COM - Can I make it auto fold my wing mirrors.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

@northpole No sorry you have me wrong again. I am working on a MK6. The car I am doing this for is an 11 plate.

#32 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • Suffolk
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

No i don't have you wrong, it's the other way around.... but nevermind i don't know how to help you any further as i already tried and get the attention of someone who is a dab hand at VCDS and coding in stuff that is for other cars... I do realise you are trying to get the lot to work on the mk6.. but like i said before from what i have read i can't find another way to get it to work... i tried to help you the best i can.. i don't have a mk6 to work on or another VAG brand car that is on the same platform so i can have a nose.... 

#33 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

@northpole Cool. I appreciate the help so far. Maybe it's just one of those things that can't be done..

#34 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

have a look here: Golf mk6 auto fold mirrors on remote howto if this doesn't work than you'll have to search yourself mate i just bumped into this without me looking for it ;)

#35 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

That doesn't work as the 04354 code doeasn't unlock my security settings. Looks like things are getting closer though as that's definitely the way I would expect this to have to be changed.

#36 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

don't copy the code read how it is done and adapt it to what ever is in your system parameter line 9 .... 

you should realise that whatever is the code now, with that way of coding you only adapt that byte... to something to tell it to work of the remote....basically look at the value of line 9 system parameter change that accordingly and from what i saw what ever the code is adapt it to +5 

try it by writing down the previous value change it and test if it works... 

if not read the way he has done it again you might have made a small mistake.... 

#37 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

The code is the one you have to enter to unlock the ability to enter that byte menu. Without this code that menu stays locked.

#38 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

that is the code i have seen it used on a few other sites on the mk5/6 platform...  and it is always that same code and the pictures i have seen are always different so not copies from just one user....

that said you type in the code and than click do it,

do not close the controller

go to option 10 it should unlock it

#39 Juicebuster

Juicebuster

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

I agree, I've seen it there and it's been recommended to me on a specific thread about this security code. It says something about a seed error. I'll try again this evening and see what I can figure out.

#40 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

maybe you need to ask someone if you can borrow their cable.. i have had this problem before on a mates car where i could retrieve the SKC, wipe faults etc but i couldn't get into the coding bits.... in the end he asked someone else to do it and it was done in one go... that same cable worked on my car and a few others... in the end it was because his OBD port was kinda used, but the OEM VCDS cables pins are a bit meatier so they always make better contact.... 

Maybe you have the same problem... 

that said you can take the female pins out squeeze them in a bit and put them back providing you have the right tool for it.

#41 stan-the-man

stan-the-man

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

VCP will do it. I did it in my caddy and you only have to change it at drivers side controller. Dont think vcds is capable of doing the above in mk6 as it's most likely only passat option to tweak adaptations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users