Welshhobo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Caerphilly
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi all,

Opened my passenger side window last week only for it to fall down into the door. I took the door apart and managed to tape it up in place, and found that one of the regulator clips completely snapped in half and the other is about to. After looking online, the clips i see in pictures on eBay are slightly different to the ones i have. It also looks like some are made of metal which i would far prefer to use if so.

I have an 02/03 MK4 Golf Match 1.6l 16v BCB, can anyone recommend a link? I can also provide pictures of the current clips i have if necessary.

Also, upon removing the interior of the door, the door lock pole thing (the bit that a passenger can press down to lock the door internally) completely detached from the lock mechanism - the door no longer locks when pressing the key now. Its parked up against a wall for the time being. I cannot unscrew the two bolts on the interior edge of the door that i believe hold the lock mechanism in place - and trying to unscrew one of them has slightly stripped/warped the screw head :(. Is there a certain technique or tool needed to remove these bolts?

#2 Welshhobo

Welshhobo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Caerphilly

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Might just bite the bullet and buy these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35c98924ed

#3 ApeTheRick

ApeTheRick

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • York
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

The clips were plastic in earlier models, and changed to metal in later models. When mine went, I went up the scrappy and found a car with the metal ones to grab.

#4 ApeTheRick

ApeTheRick

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • York

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

The ones you just posted look similar to the ones I got, if a bit cheap

Edited by ApeTheRick, 17 April 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#5 Welshhobo

Welshhobo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Caerphilly

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

The clips were plastic in earlier models, and changed to metal in later models. When mine went, I went up the scrappy and found a car with the metal ones to grab.

I doubt the breakers round by me would be willing to spend an hour taking apart the door to sell me clips for £5

#6 ApeTheRick

ApeTheRick

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • York

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

I doubt the breakers round by me would be willing to spend an hour taking apart the door to sell me clips for £5

Ah, I went to one where you dismantle yourself. eBay metal ones might be a close second best.

#7 Welshhobo

Welshhobo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Caerphilly

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Cool. Does a specific level need to be set with the winder or does it just keep winding until it meets resistance? I don't want to end up installing them and winding the wind up only to find that either the window is trying to push through the top of the door frame or that when fully wound up the window is still slighty open :s

#8 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48916 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

Cool. Does a specific level need to be set with the winder or does it just keep winding until it meets resistance? I don't want to end up installing them and winding the wind up only to find that either the window is trying to push through the top of the door frame or that when fully wound up the window is still slighty open :s

Wind all the way up and hold for 5 seconds,then all the way down and hold for 5 seconds to reset one touch.They wouldn't be allowed to make a car with windows that could potentially kill someone if the battery had been disconnected.

#9 Welshhobo

Welshhobo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Caerphilly

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Wind all the way up and hold for 5 seconds,then all the way down and hold for 5 seconds to reset one touch.They wouldn't be allowed to make a car with windows that could potentially kill someone if the battery had been disconnected.

Is this before or after everything has been put in place?

#10 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 48916 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Is this before or after everything has been put in place?

The very last thing you do.HOW TO REPAIR A BROKEN WINDOW REGULATOR 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users