swaylight

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Nottingham
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hi All,

Signed up today, after typing in loads of issues in google over the past few years for my girlfriends old 1.6s mk4 issues, which I must say every time I found the solution the link brought me to this forum, so keep it up everyone, believe it or not you're helping more people than you know.

Anyways a bit about me.

I've always had a love for golfs, especially the mk1 and 2 variants. I have my own mk2, which I had that 'friend' who knew what he was doing, removed my timing belt put it back started it wouldn't start, then did a runner, not heard from him since. So it's been sat un-timed for a while. Now it's gone that far the lacquer has came off the paint in areas, rust spots are starting to form however the interior is in near mint condition for it's age. Anyways as i know it has a bit of wear and tear and will take a while to get it back to that showroom shine i decided to call it a day and buy a mk4 golf 1.8t gti. 

Brought it last week after searching for around months for what i wanted.... (nothing else would do)

mk4 gti

3dr

grey (not silver)

agu (150)

with recaro's

under 100k

little to no mods

Can i say how hard that is to find.... anyway I found one and living in Nottingham i decided to take the plunge and go and view (it was based in Norwich) long story short after the 260 mile round trip she was back home and sat on my drive.

It has everything I wanted above other than the little to no mods.

It's got new 18 BBS motorsport alloys

(only found out yesterday) drilled airbox.... DOH!

Miltek turbo back exhaust.

Got to say driving it back those 130 miles i don't think the smile came off my face the whole drive back. Love my car but with any car of it's age needs a little TLC, it's been washed and polished 3 times already.

Anyways i hope to meet a few of you at some point and will no doubt see you around on here sometime. Take it easy :D

Dean

#2 satmad

satmad

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • west london
  • Other Models

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

Welcome to the forum. Get some pics up

#3 swaylight

swaylight

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Nottingham

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

as requested...

Golf Side C
Album: Golf Gti
6 images
0 comments

originals https://www.flickr.c...5887@N08/XdZ1FX

#4 Keith beard

Keith beard

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Shepperton
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Welcome I'm a new golf driver too and I have to say aswell I love it,had a few issues with it already but it is well worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 swaylight

swaylight

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Nottingham

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hi Keith, 

you are the the first I officially get to welcome to the forum lol :) so Welcome :D

Golfs are great, but do have there fair share, however as you read round, some people have golfs that go through there life with little to no issues, and some that a riddled from an early age. However as you'll find on this forum, no issue goes unresolved :D

#6 Keith beard

Keith beard

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Shepperton
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hi there
I have already had to get new clutch and manifold only had car about 3 weeks lol but I love it I was told it had a revo remap and it was at 210 bhp but it has a standard exhaust on it so then I was told it can be at 210bhp is this right? I have herd good and bad things about golf mk4 hope you have better luck then me so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users