3 replies to this topic

#1 minny

minny

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS DSG

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

My April 2009 GT came with the RCD 310 radio and Nokia bluetooth (5N0 035 730A). It has the white MFD. The Bluetooth refuses to connect with my iPhone 4 or Nokia windows phone so i was looking at upgrading the Bluetooth.

After doing a bit of research online, the Harman/Becker unit (1Z0 035 729 A/C/E) was supposed to suit my car. I bought a 1Z0 035 729E unit online and plugged it into my car but the car don't seem to register the unit when i scroll through the MFD i.e it is as if there is nothing plugged in. The i plug the old Nokia unit back in and scroll through the MFD, the phone option is present.

Have I done something wrong or is the unit unsuitable for my car? Any advice is appreciated.

#2 Ian_TDI

Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

Is there something in the settings (the ones you can't adjust until the vehicle is stationary) that you need to set up so it recognises the new blue tooth device?

Perhaps then it will show up in the MFD phone display.

Just a thought.  I've got a mk6 with the bigger radio cd display, RCD5xx or something.  I remember going through the settings on the MFD in a traffic jam once and there seem to be settings for absolutely everything.

#3 cenobytez

cenobytez

You ain't seen me, right?

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3765 posts
  • mansfield / Stapleford
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

you might need someone with the software to enable the device in your CCM module, it may be plugged in, but if the cars computer doesnt know its there it wont have enabled it

New%20Sig_zps9n25kctw.jpg

New - mkV TDI MATCH, RCD510   GONE - Genuine R32 Front + Rear Bumpers | Full miltek resonated R32 style exhaust with large bore decat downpipe

#4 minny

minny

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS DSG

Posted Today, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the replies - my radio is the RCD 310. I have the VCDS and have tried various short codes I've found on the internet but haven't been successful so far. Most of the short codes relate to the RCD or RNS 510.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users