kamranali44

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England
  • Golf V SE 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hello All,

Just started off with a Golf after having ford focus for for a couple of years. Yay

My golf car temperature has an issue which is that on a town run (keeping speed low ~30 mph). The temperature needle is set to 90 degree and its all fine.

When I take it on a highway or a motorway, the temperature sets back to about 60 - 70 degrees, that's doing almost 80 mph for about 20 odd minutes. 

I have replaced the thermostat sensor but that did not seem to do much help. 

I have had a look online and tried to check on how to replace the thermostat (having done it on my focus in the past), it can not be that hard.

When I looked into it to remove the alternator in order to access the thermostat, there is a pipe which I cannot seem to remove and it is made of plastic (I was scared to put any force on it as it might break). 

Does anyone know what that pipe is (sits on top of the alternator) and how to remove it. I have added the picture, it is in the red square, the yellow ones are the screws which I already removed but there is still something holding the pipe. Please see the image

Thank you for reading, even the pipe name can be useful as there are not much tutorials for a BKC engine.

Attached Files

#2 dani89uk

dani89uk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • kingston
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

in wich area do you live?

#3 kamranali44

kamranali44

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

in wich area do you live?

I live in Coventry side. This issue has veen sorted now. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#4 kamranali44

kamranali44

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • England

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Just one thing, if anyone is coming across this thread, there is one screw which needs to be removed before the pipe can move and it is next to tge horseshoe clip. Just be a little careful with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#5 gerrywac

gerrywac

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3428 posts
  • West Yorks
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

I see you've sorted it and found a way of removal but just to round off.

It's part of the charge air system and VW refer to it as a "connecting pipe" in their workshop manual and "pressure pipe" in their partsmanual

It routes the pressurised air coming from the intercooler to the inlet manifold.

It is fastened in place by three bolts, two at the top and one at the bottom down by the oil filter. It is connected to rubber air pipes at either end.

There is a socket moulded into either end of the plastic pipe which accepts a push fit bayonet connector moulded onto the rubber pipes

Just like to say thanks for posting the tip to pass it on to others with the same problem. Many people don't post back to say  they solved their problem and confirm what it was

The pipes are disconnected by prizing off the spring clip at either end of the plastic pipe and pulling the rubber pipe out of the socket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users