#1 Mk4eva

Mk4eva

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v ARZ 150PS

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

Part 1K0 711 699

Jeez thought this was gonna be a quick job to replace. Prized old one out can't get new one in. Tried and tried and tried. Gonna have to put old shell back in and take to a garage who hopefully can do it

Attached File  IMG_5874.JPG   17.75KB   9 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Calico

Calico

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Crawley West Sussex
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

What are we supposed to guess what it is? A part number for a thread title says it all really, how much interest do you want to generate by doing that?

#3 Droppedit

Droppedit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

I think you have take off a few more bits to get the nylon under the shifter 'ball'. It will not just 'press in' with the shifter in place.

#4 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8411 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

1K is a mk5 part number.

1J for almost everything mk4.

:)

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#5 adam-

adam-

K04-064'd 1.8t

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5299 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

1K5 fits the MK4 shifter. I use one. Unscrew the cap/holder and lift the shifter slightly. It slides in.

facebook.com/adamforbes92
ig: adamforbes92
Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread.

#6 Mk4eva

Mk4eva

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

1K5 fits the MK4 shifter. I use one. Unscrew the cap/holder and lift the shifter slightly. It slides in.

Ive tried pal but I just can't see how people are having success sliding back on. The all doesn't come up far enough. I can't get the white plastic over the ball whilst also getting the black rubber bits in their slots

#7 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9522 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:29 AM

I fitted this to my mk4 r32 a few years ago.

From what I remember I had to put the gearstick into something like 5th gear to get enough angle to get the things together to slot back .

It wasn't very difficult however ,

But I will add that it did nothing to improve the shift action, and like most things you read on the internet as some magic mod, it's far from it in reality.

<a href="http://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#8 adam-

adam-

K04-064'd 1.8t

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5299 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

But I will add that it did nothing to improve the shift action, and like most things you read on the internet as some magic mod, it's far from it in reality.

This. The internet is full of lies.

facebook.com/adamforbes92
ig: adamforbes92
Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread.

#9 Mk4eva

Mk4eva

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

I fitted this to my mk4 r32 a few years ago.

From what I remember I had to put the gearstick into something like 5th gear to get enough angle to get the things together to slot back .

It wasn't very difficult however ,

Ha yeah I read about in your R32 thread (beaut car btw) so thought would give a go. Wish I hadn't! :)

I've put the old shell back on for now. Works but obvs loose stick. Heading on holiday next week so will need to figure out how to solve it when I get back.

#10 Droppedit

Droppedit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Did mine a couple of months ago.

Mine did improve the feel / wobble of the shift - but not back to a 'new' feel. The bushes at the other end of the selector need to be changed for this. Need to move exhaust & heat shield from underneath the vehicle to get access. Mines not that bad, so not on the list...... yet.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users