Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

PD150 ...Auto Lights,256mm rear discs now fitted !!/ build thread

39K views 390 replies 48 participants last post by  karlos103 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just washed my engine....not been done in 5 years so thought would post some pictures .

Also fitted an R8 oil filler cap moded by myself ....not hard to do .

Also fitted some TT pedals and a dead pedal last week ...see what you think :)

Karl

See less See more
#3 ·
yes you can get dead pedal with TDI on it - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-BORA-MK4-SEAT-SKODA-TDI-FOOTREST-PEDAL-GTI-/160622381660?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2565d70a5c

The R8 cap ...all you need to do is split the cap ....there is a small seal just under the chrome top , if you remove it there is a split in the plastic ....you need to prise it apart ....then you will see some little cutouts in the top part that fit into lugs in the bottom part to stop it spinning round ...you need to put some extra cuts into the top part to allow you to centralise the two parts if you know what i mean ....i used a bit of white paint and put it on the 4 lugs , then put other half onto making sure it was in same position as your old cap and press together hard ...then should have the 4 paint marks on the top part of cap which you just cut out and then put cap back together ...basically straight forward

hope that helps

karl

#9 ·
Nice job, looking good. Im just curious about something i can see in your engine bay.

Have you changed your egr to intercooler hose as it looks slightly different to standard? may just be me being stupid though ...
No that is original pipe ...you mean the one that goes above the cambelt and round front under the engine cover ? i know mine had been changed before i had it as they had been modified ...but thats about as much as i know ...lol

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.