Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Cool Mods for Skint People

812K views 1K replies 474 participants last post by  cr1tch 
#1 ·
Okay Everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to post mods which are decent and cheap, for those of us feeling the squeeze (£).

Rules are as follows: Please post the price (must be sub £100), a short description, a picture (if available) and a part number/place to get it from

If we can keep it a simple and informative thread, maybe it'll become sticky - so let's spread the knowledge peeps.

[Y]

======================

I'll go first-

VW OEM Sunglasses holder, which replaces the grab handle. £16 from a stealer.

Part number = 1CO 857 465 Y20 (grey) / 1CO 857 465 3PT (beige)

Posted Image

See less See more
#2 ·
**Don't know prices, but as I find out ill edit this post!!!**

000 998 229A = Retrofit Kit for comfort turn signals (?33ish)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

7M0 035 849E = Sharan Ariel (?22.89)

<o:p> </o:p>

3B7 947 105 F 2EN = W8 light (Grey without sunroof) (?30) plus wiring/adapters - ?5ish

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

7L6 947 175 A = Touareg torch (LED) (Recharges from Cig lighter)

? 1J2 955 426 A ? VW Golf IV aero wiper blades (RHD cars)
? 1J2 955 425 A ? VW Golf IV aero wiper blades (RHD cars)
? 1J2 955 409 D ? VW Golf IV aero wiper arms (RHD cars)
? 1J2 955 410 D ? VW Golf IV aero wiper arms (RHD cars)<o:p></o:p>

#16 ·
What is comfort turn signals and what's the w8 light different to normal unit?
comfort turn = you flick the indicator stalk once, and the indicator flashes 3 times

w8 light = as far as i know, has 2 red led's which illuminate, which gives a nice glow when you have your headlights on
With the comfort indicator so you just flick it not enough to lock otherwise the stalk would stick to the indicating position. :S and is that red light thing good? I'm not sure if i'd like it tbh. Hmmm interested though as i'd wanna start modding simple things before goin into the bodykit/performance stuff.

#18 ·
Delock ?12

Colour coded wing mirrors ?35ish

Colour coded Sharan badge ?5 + ?12 for badge

Blue I for GTi badge ?15

Very simple Short gear lever - Free! (with the aid of a saw!)

cold air feed ?20 and dremel discs!

Green cotton panel filter ?15 off the bay!

Hid kit ?90ish

clear indicators blubs ?9

I feel cheap now!

#19 ·
the comfort indicator is designed for changing lanes on the motorway of signalling off a roundabout, with a conventional stalk you can click it into positon for constant, or hold it to the contact for it to flash (as i do when changing lanes)

with the comfort one, you push the stalk towards the turn direction as you would, but don't let it click into place (as far as it will go until you feel resistance) then release, this will then flash three times and stop, whilst you concentrate on you driving skills [H]

Chris

#20 ·
the comfort indicator is designed for changing lanes on the motorway of signalling off a roundabout, with a conventional stalk you can click it into positon for constant, or hold it to the contact for it to flash (as i do when changing lanes)

with the comfort one, you push the stalk towards the turn direction as you would, but don't let it click into place (as far as it will go until you feel resistance) then release, this will then flash three times and stop, whilst you concentrate on you driving skills [H]

Chris
What's involved for fitting this kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.