Meemo 1.8t Silver <3 new tints and roof wrap ..lots of pics - Page 2 - Members Rides - uk-mkivs

Photo

Meemo 1.8t Silver <3 new tints and roof wrap ..lots of pics

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 Ha2020

Ha2020

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Very nice looks far cleaner without the stickers IMO [:D]

#32 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Untitled
Untitled

Me and the boyfriend ahve our his and her stickers, everyone was thinking it so why not :P look very entertaining side by side, only small though :)

Apart from the club sticker on its way.. no more stickers for this lady :) I really liking the clean look now

19689514214_1b76538e03_m.jpg

A4 S-line 170ps - Audi Build Thread

Bye Bye mk41.8T GTi - Golf Build Thread

#33 Vipa V

Vipa V

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • North West London

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

No more stickers! :)

#34 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I have a major cluster of stone chips on the front rub strip which are all the way down to the plastic (cover about a £2 coin area and shows black underneath).

Always had it but polishing the other day and decided I want it fixed, Any tips?

#35 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton
  • Bora V6 4motion 2.8 24v 204PS

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Flat blade screwdriver, pop it off, rub it down and respray [Y]

If you fluff it, you only spent minimum on the bits, and a slightly mismatched rubstrip should look better than one with a big black patch

And when you master the prepping/spraying then you can spray your grill black [:D]

4175a17f-071d-439b-a5c4-87a6de40bc1f.jpg

#36 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Some are on the bumper too around it.. I have a feeling prevvie owner had a fight with a gritter lol any quick fixs to perhaps hide these better?

#37 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Some strategically placed stickers? Maybe a couple plasters? lol

Besides giving a respray a go yourself. No quick fixes. You could i guess rub down the area n give it a spray the best you can without taking the bumper off. Just cover your front end with newspaper to protect from overspray.

Not gonna be ideal but unless you want to pay for a bumper respray you will have to make do with either slightly different shade or stone chips [Y]

New page and all. Let's see this beauty [^^]

#38 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

HAHA no more stickers! could get a bigger number plate??... :P

I have a old stone chip paint kit from halfrauds.. but they suck.. but as said better than black showing, will primer tonight I gueses cheers :) then polish and tcut like I may die if I stop, dont fancy a respray this close to UD13 lol

#39 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gloss-600mm-x-2000mm-VEHICLE-VINYL-WRAP-Full-Colour-Tint-DIY-Car-Van-Warpping-/190697311514?pt=UK_Wallpaper&var=490078982392&hash=item2c66720d1a

[lol-lol]

#40 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hmm i don't know how to make it a proper link [*-)]

#41 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Haha wonder if they will notice the bumper is bright pink??

I'll just always stand infront of that bit of my car :) no one will know...

#42 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Go a bit crazy untill you can get it done properly. [:S]

Repair kits work ok-ish if your willing to put a lot of time into getting a semi-decent finish.

Spent a whole week repairing one chip on my old golf before i was happy with it.

But then you may be a natural. Can't look any worse right? [whistle]

#43 Vipa V

Vipa V

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • North West London

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

My advice is find a decent condition front bumper in same colour and swap over if you're that bothered and want it to look right [<:o)] Can't be that hard and am sure you could get your other half to help you if anything too difficult [:^)]

On my back bumper the paint was peeling, and had been touched up poorly by previous owner, looked pretty crap. I just found another bumper in same colour (with the anni valance) [<:o)] and only took me about 20 mins to swap over, for free [Y]

Only issue I had was I couldn't get my old valance off as the 2 torqs 25 screws on the bottom aren't budging maybe rusted on[:@]..I've tried to drill them out with no luck so had to seperate the valance from bumper and fit. Am stuck with a half ripped off valance atm [:$] hopefully the garage will be able to remove it when I get my backbox fitted [8-)]

If your gonna spend on bits for fixing would suggest just waiting to find a bumper in good condition maybe from a back end accident, I got the whole rear end off an anniversary for pretty cheap was looking for a while though [Y]

If that too much of mission try touching up/fixing but it'll never look perfect though depends what you are happy with. There's a few little scratches and marks on my car but they are nearly 12 year old cars so expected doesn't bother me that much anymore, be careful not to make it any worse. I just used some touch up paint few days ago - didnt let it dry fully and used my fingernail to blend in then t-cut and am happy enough with results [Y]

#44 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

new page new pics [:D]

As its ultimate dubs tomo I gave her an extra wax with her weekly wash. rubba dub dub 

Untitled

Untitled

got my cub stickers and thinking I may hide it under the spoiler area.. inconspicuous>?

Untitled

Thanks for the advice on he chips,

heres the chips, I have given the surrounding area a good tcut and polish so isnt so obvious but will look out for an entire new bumper as on inspection the front bumper has had professional enough repairs before and a respray (not noticable to the untrained eye but I sodding know now lol) is riddled with yellow stone chips this bumper.

Untitled

if any knows of a reflex silver one being broken could you holla please?

I will also save colour coding my valances for when i source a new bumper :P reeeeeaally want them coded :)

#45 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Nothing really exciting but few little teeny updates, removed all rear stickers for good, and stealth stuck my club sticker under the spoiler, she's lookin alot cleaner without stickers (what was it thinking? lol)

UntitledUntitled

FINALLY! my vw center caps got delivered, the wheel supplier was out of stock few months back and called today with them and my locking wheel nuts :) much better.

Untitled

Also went to my very first VDUB show.. was going to get pressed plates but was a 2 hour wait so settled for a funky air freshener instead

Untitled

My birthday next month and I have a rather fine list of goodies for the car.. so next month will be a good month :)

Any one used 'holts' or 'car plan' can paint sprays? and was the colour matches good?

got some reflex silver in my ebay watch list @ £20 for 4 big cans.. but wanted opinion before I threw money at them incase they suck.

#46 bigbossw

bigbossw

Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • High Wycombe
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

get yourself down your local paint supplier as they will be able to match it better, reflex silver is a sod to properly match unless you actually take it to a proper spray shop and they do the match for you

#47 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Little bit concerned about the price, my polo was the same colour and had my front spoiler done professionally and was perfect match definately so agree with you there.

But hopeing to DIY it. I had a can of halfords reflex which I used on my new mirror covers on the golf when I got it and was near on perfect, just hoping to save a few pennys getting another brand like holts, but not sure they will be as good a match as the halfords stuff. 

#48 GTiJON

GTiJON

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Paulton

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Cars lookin good. Cleaner
rear end is always better lol. Cant help with the paint im afraid i always get it from halfrauds or stealers. Silver is hard to match anyway and never done silver. Lookin forward to seeing your list of goodies on the car. Dubmeister do good legal pressed plates (if you didnt know alredy). Keep up the good work

#49 THEngland

THEngland

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 170PS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I used Holts for colour coding my engine bay... I know it's just under the bonnet but I came out really good, couldn't tell the difference [Y] just get the layers built up and you'll be fine. Nothing beats the satisfaction of a good DIY job

Bannetime_zps86svrlg1.png

^^ Mk5 thread. Now with extra Bentley ^^

#50 bigbossw

bigbossw

Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • High Wycombe
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

The problem lies when there is one colour panel next to the other, the mirrors will look ok because they are separated by a piece of black plastic, the rub strip will be noticeable

#51 THEngland

THEngland

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2767 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

The problem lies when there is one colour panel next to the other, the mirrors will look ok because they are separated by a piece of black plastic, the rub strip will be noticeable

very true! I suppose it's darker under the bonnet [:P]

#52 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Jon, looking forward to goooooddieees :) might order a few bits early with my holiday pay I get this month [whistle]

I used Holts for colour coding my engine bay... I know it's just under the bonnet but I came out really good, couldn't tell the difference Yes just get the layers built up and you'll be fine. Nothing beats the satisfaction of a good DIY job

aah thanks just what I wanted to hear :P Its funny you mention the engine cover as that is exactly what I am going to test my skills on first!! want a good practice as its a larger area to cover. [:D]

#53 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Agreed, I am worried about the match, but suppose I wont know till I try, will have to see how the test engine cover goes when I hold it next to the body work. not doing the rub strip, just the valances at the bottom. Then if I am confident enough with the match I will go for the stone chipped rub strip.

If it goes wrong I only loose pride and a trip to the paint shop making the eyes for the boys to fix it.[A]

#54 THEngland

THEngland

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2767 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks Jon, looking forward to goooooddieees :) might order a few bits early with my holiday pay I get this month Whistle

I used Holts for colour coding my engine bay... I know it's just under the bonnet but I came out really good, couldn't tell the difference Yes just get the layers built up and you'll be fine. Nothing beats the satisfaction of a good DIY job

aah thanks just what I wanted to hear :P Its funny you mention the engine cover as that is exactly what I am going to test my skills on first!! want a good practice as its a larger area to cover. Big Smile

good idea, looks good under the engine even if u do decide to get the rub strip done professionally [Y]

#55 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

Ask me about "RS8" wheels!

• Moderators
  • 10648 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm doing my engine cover soon so will keep and eye on this [Y] also looking forward to seeing this at Springfest [:)]

#56 Gibbs98

Gibbs98

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I've used 'holts' to spray reflex silver rub strips. The match was ok but nowhere near as close as what you get when you get the paint mixed yourself. It's worth the extra bit of money to get it right.

The car is looking well so far!! [:)]

#57 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yeah I took a closer look at my mirrors and can sort off see the difference in shades now. So plan to go around afew paint shops for quotes on the valances, thanks guys for saving me from a bad choice!!!

ordered some rattle cans though for other stuff :)

On another note wen I finished my night shiftthe car was on its own and thought it would be rude not too as the light looked pretty cool.

Untitled

procrastination at its peak, I should infact be finishing programming my final year project for my degree lol

#58 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

mid project update, So i haven't had time to do much as I am also working on my final year degree project/dissertation.. but between loosing the will to carry on and contemplating how winning the lottery will get me out of completing it, I have been sniping bargains on ebay and bought some goodies for UDeY.

So ordered lots of rattle cans and started prep of my engine cover.

Classic before pic in a dark garage lol

Untitled

Quick fairy liquid bath

Untitled

quick sand.. my saturday nights are wild!

Untitled

And all ready for primer

Untitled

Annoyingly I got all the paints through the post really quick.. all except the primer, i think the post man posted it to the wrong block of flats again :S so has been sat in the lounge like this all week

Also got this for £4 ready for my pressed plates I should be getting for my birthday

Untitled

And finally was the only bidder for this little gem on ebay, jst £15.. now to swap my vinyled silver for real trim.. eventually.. looking at the ashtray cover right now at the same price :P

trim

#59 meemo

meemo

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Winchester
  • Other Models

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

OK so just gave in again and got the ashtray... I think I may have to put a limit on ebay activity :S

ashtray

#60 THEngland

THEngland

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2767 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Haha you can't ever put a cap on your eBay spending! Trust me I've tried Stick out tongue 

shame about the primer but looking forward to seeing it done, makes a hell of a difference under the bonnet, it's the little things that dubbers like us tend to notice Yes

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.