[East Midlands] Future West Midlands Meets, Suggestions and Opinions wanted - Regional Meets - uk-mkivs

Photo
East Midlands

Future West Midlands Meets, Suggestions and Opinions wanted

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matt-T

Matt-T

- -

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1980 posts
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hello All, 
Just been talking on another thread on here about future midlands meets. 

What are peoples idea's on this?
Location?
Monthly Meets / Every Other Month / Random?
Best Day? 

I personally will be un-able to attend any until i get my finger out and get my car on the road, but ill'd be happy to help organisation and so forth, or do we have a regional events official/organiser?  

Get your ideas in Yes

#2 Redbeard7

Redbeard7

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hi, Sunday afternoon/evenings seem to prove popular and if the location is a pub its best to ask if they accept groups. 

as in the other thread how about getting together at this show  

https://uk-mkivs.net/...s/t/517847.aspx

last years meet/show was very good so it might even be worth thinking about a club stand then we could all park up together.

Rob

#3 Matt-T

Matt-T

- -

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

The link works now Yes

I organised meets on another forum, usually ended up being a Sunday and a pub meet or Nando's etc 
Then now and then Karting or as above shows

I found the problem with shows/events is if you let people buy there own tickets/pay on the gate you will have 20 people put there name down but only 10 turn up.
Which if you have a minimum requirement for a club stand can cause problems, and most people are not happy to send someone the money to book the tickets which is understandable. 
So hopefully the people on here are more reliable... (tbf the last forum i was on was a french one so it was to be expected)Big Smile 

No in all seriousness, i think it could be good fun Big Smile 

If people are interested in Alldubs get your names down on here.

#4 DirtyDiesels

DirtyDiesels

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Bloody hell Matt they sound like expensive meets..

The ones I've been to have been in the car park of somewhere like Krispy Kreme's.... You'd be lucky to get a coffee and a donut let alone Nandos Chuckle

#5 Matt-T

Matt-T

- -

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

I don't mind if i end up in a lay buy with a burger van Stick out tongue
Failing that ill bring my flask Idea

I won't be able to attend anything till at least after Aug/Sept when i manage to get the car sorted due to the amount of things i have on between now and then.
Its just good to get out and meet like minded people and put names to faces on here, be nice to see some of the dubs close up in person :D 

#6 izzy1

izzy1

Sleeping

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts
  • Bora Sport 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

There used to be one held in wensbury but that kinda died down after a few months.

Bescot FC car park.

#7 -Jamie-

-Jamie-

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Bescot carpark was okay the once or twice I've been in the past, good turnout but could attract a bit of attention Stick out tongue

would be cool to have a regular meet every month somewhere, although im out of ideas on the location 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: East Midlands

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.