#1081 old_n07

old_n07

Diesel isn't a dirty word

• Technical Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11030 posts
  • North Staffs

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:04 PM

Are you following the correct coding instructions as yours will be an immo2 to immo3 swap?

https://uk-mkivs.net...immo3-upgrade/ 

#1082 Sandus

Sandus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Denmark
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

Currently trying with that guide, just not sure we have the right Soft code numbers from the old speedo as it's half dead and we can't get much data from it.

would the CAN Gateway soft code unchanged from the new speedo result in us being unable to "speak" with the canbus?

#1083 Wazzzer

Wazzzer

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2718 posts
  • Isle of Wight
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:21 PM

If you can send me both eeproms from the new and old clusters I can try to merge them so the eeprom for the new cluster should be plug and play when you load it back on...

7907.jpg

#1084 iwcham1979

iwcham1979

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

Hi guys, if i can ask a question for a sister car?! Can I retrofit the Maxidot cluster to my VRS, which doesnt have it? Will I require the satnav MFD unit as well (I currently have Skoda simphony)? Olso, the one I found is from a BLB engine Vrs (which is only an ASZ with minor modifications to make it Euro 4 compliant). Mine is ASZ ? Does it matter? Apart from the coding job, will I require any other modules and so for it to work fully? My Fabia is decembar 2004 prod. date... Thanks guys! Cheerrz!

https://www.ebay.co....353.m1438.l2649

#1085 extra-ordinary_

extra-ordinary_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Bora Sport 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

If there's anyone still reading this thread...and apologies if it's been asked before as I haven't read all 37 pages but...I'm replacing my 1J5920926C (MFA) instrument cluster with a 1J5920946C (FIS) off €bay. I've gotten the PIN off my own cluster, will I be able to get the PIN from the new cluster by just plugging it in? 

#1086 gazman70

gazman70

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Newton Stewart,South West Scotland
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

If there's anyone still reading this thread...and apologies if it's been asked before as I haven't read all 37 pages but...I'm replacing my 1J5920926C (MFA) instrument cluster with a 1J5920946C (FIS) off €bay. I've gotten the PIN off my own cluster, will I be able to get the PIN from the new cluster by just plugging it in? 

Aye

#1087 mur3633

mur3633

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Podgorica, Montenegro
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

If there's anyone still reading this thread...and apologies if it's been asked before as I haven't read all 37 pages but...I'm replacing my 1J5920926C (MFA) instrument cluster with a 1J5920946C (FIS) off €bay. I've gotten the PIN off my own cluster, will I be able to get the PIN from the new cluster by just plugging it in?

Yeah, but you'll need VAGTacho or VAG Commander.

#1088 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10430 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

Well if he managed to read the old cluster...
  • mur3633 likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#1089 extra-ordinary_

extra-ordinary_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:17 PM

Aye

Grand...thanks.

#1090 extra-ordinary_

extra-ordinary_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:02 PM

Got the cluster swapped today and I'd hoped for better - I can hardly read the display and this photo was taken in the dark! Also the new cluster was taken from an auto so I think it has the bottom line reserved for gear indicator? Do I need to write a standard manual FIS eep to it and does anyone know what the contrast issue with the display is? I thought the whole display went dim not the actual characters.

Attached Files

#1091 Earl_C

Earl_C

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Shropshire
  • Other Models

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:26 AM

Got the cluster swapped today and I'd hoped for better - I can hardly read the display and this photo was taken in the dark! Also the new cluster was taken from an auto so I think it has the bottom line reserved for gear indicator? Do I need to write a standard manual FIS eep to it and does anyone know what the contrast issue with the display is? I thought the whole display went dim not the actual characters.

Looks like a goosed display, the lines seem to hold better. 

I guess you have VCDS, run an output test on the cluster and it will do segment tests as part of the outputs, will show you how bad it is. 

As for the auto, yup, fairly sure its just an EEPROM swap needed

Amateur build thread : https://uk-mkivs.net...-green-machine/ Now deceased, see here for parts  https://uk-mkivs.net...howtopic=649256

Crisis Car: https://uk-mkivs.net...er-life-crisis/

As Dan FR once said "If you don't like the answers you get, don't let the door hit you on the way out"

#1092 extra-ordinary_

extra-ordinary_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:53 PM

Thanks. I'm getting an error with VCDS for instruments but I'm presuming this is the auto looking for it's connection to the autobox - 

1 Fault Found:
01315 - Transmission Control Module 
            49-00 - No Communications

I ran a segment test and didn't see any response from the display. 

#1093 gazman70

gazman70

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Newton Stewart,South West Scotland

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

It would be easier if you could get hold of a appropriate bin file for the cluster and flash it on using eeprom programmer i have a good bin file for half fis but that's no good to you.

#1094 dasmans

dasmans

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Latvia,Riga
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hi guys!

1st off all- sorry for bad english  :blush:

So i have a golf mk4 1.6 fsi with VDO immo 3 cluster, and i want to swap in cluster from my donor car, which also is VDO immo 3, but it has disel rpm gauge.

Reason i want to swap them- the one from the disel has Full FIS display  B)

I have VCDS 12.12 genuine cable, and vagtacho cable is on its way.

Is it posible to make the disel cluster work on my car?

Vcds and vagtacho is enough to make it work?

I know that i will need to programm the immobiliser, swap the gauge faces, but i do not understand Nothing about the ""eeprom" thing...

Basically- Can it be done?

And someone pls explain smth about eeprom  :D

Thanks in advance- Tom

#1095 locarno

locarno

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Poland
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v SE AUS

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:15 AM

1j5 920 842a is immo2 or 3 ?

#1096 Neutron

Neutron

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:48 PM

I know this is a thread mainly about swapping clusters, I've read most of the 1095 posts too :) but I have a faded MFA LCD in my 4motion

Motometer/Bosch 1J0 920 926 A, RB8 V52

I'm wondering if there's a source for a quality replacement Half FIS/MFA LCD display to DIY ( I'm OK with solder re-working) on these - I've looked pretty hard but can only find LCDs for the RB8 fitted to later Audi A4s (I don't think they are the same or are they?) and most "dash cluster fix" business seem to only cater for the VDO versions of Mk4 dashes. tbh I'm being a bit tight on this - being a nearly 20 year-old car I'd rather not spend 10% of the cars value sending the dash to the pros :)

I would swap to a Bora Sport VDO cluster if I had the SKC but these RB8s are a pain to retrieve it from - currently investigating ArgDub's ME7 EEPROM tool to see if I can pull it from the ECU binary dump instead, but if anyone knows of the best way to get a SCK out of one of these clusters without bricking the electronics I'm all ears!

#1097 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10430 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:38 PM

K-commander will pull the SKC and the EEPROM can be pulled from the ECU with ease.  I've got an RB8 cluster that I pulled from my 4mo that is taking up space - no-one will use it because it's an RB8 so it's good enough for the bin.  If you want it to butcher, give me a holler.

• Neutron likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

#1098 Neutron

Neutron

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:09 PM

cheers @adam- I have a knock-off K+CAN commander 1.4 cable from years ago but lost the software in a clear out, I think a newer version might be needed to work though. Didn't have much luck today with the EEPROM tool but have changed the adapter baud rate to 10400 and will give it a go tomorrow. I may tap you up for the old cluster but I'm on a mission to make this work now ;)

#1099 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10430 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:37 AM

10400 is usually fine.

Should be CD'ing to the correct folder and then: me7eeprom --OBD 95040 -rp1 95040_022906032BG_0004_immoon.bin

It'll save in the folder where me7eeprom is stored. I tend to collect them by their part numbers because I do so many.  If it doesn't work, let me know.  I've also got k-commander 2.5 (which works well) on my Google Drive if you need a copy.

#1100 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9257 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:49 AM

cheers @adam- I have a knock-off K+CAN commander 1.4 cable from years ago but lost the software in a clear out, I think a newer version might be needed to work though. Didn't have much luck today with the EEPROM tool but have changed the adapter baud rate to 10400 and will give it a go tomorrow. I may tap you up for the old cluster but I'm on a mission to make this work now ;)

you can download that software for free from several sources... just do a quick google search and download it ;) and it works with the old K-line vagcom cables also i found this out by mistake but it was a bit slower ;)

#1101 Neutron

Neutron

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

Just a quick report back - managed to get the skc from the cluster EEPROM with K+CAN commander 1.4 using the VCDS dumb k-line cable. It couldn't talk to the ECU EEPROM though as I was going to grab that binary for a backup - also managed to trigger the air bag fault code but VCDS sorted that without bricking the module.

Thanks for your help and offers of assistance all!

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.