How to upgrade the stereo in mk.4 Golfs/Boras. - Page 22 - D.I.Y Guides and How to Instructions - uk-mkivs

Photo

How to upgrade the stereo in mk.4 Golfs/Boras.

• Please log in to reply
644 replies to this topic

#631 Dhrupesh Vara

Dhrupesh Vara

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london
  • Golf IV 1.4 16v AXP 75PS

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:32 AM

hi chris thank you for reply what im trying to say is when i connect my remote wire from the amp to the blue/white cable from the stereo the sub never goes of??? however the stereo turns off. ive looked at your guide you had said something to do with the red/white cable on the original wiring loom from manufacture. there are 2 red/white wires from the loom. please can you explain or send pictures which is even better or even give me a call??? is there an alternative place i can hook my remote wire to e.g. cut the red wire igntition and crimp it to the red one etc??

#632 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

Sorry but I don't do the 'give me a call' thing.If you go back to the beginning of the guide it advises you to use a wiring loom adaptor and I give you an Autoleads part number for such a part,have you used this?

#633 losvre

losvre

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

Chris, Thank you for the educational trip to the car audio experience

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

#634 Dhrupesh Vara

Dhrupesh Vara

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Sorry but I don't do the 'give me a call' thing.If you go back to the beginning of the guide it advises you to use a wiring loom adaptor and I give you an Autoleads part number for such a part,have you used this?

halfords advised me not to use it because all it gives is an aerial connection? so what your saying is that if i get this patch lead and connect it to manufacture loom and then to my stereo then the blue/white remote wire from the stereo wont give constant power any more? also do i keep the yellow connected to red and red to yellow if i do this? THANKS CHRIS!

#635 Dhrupesh Vara

Dhrupesh Vara

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

also with the harness adaptor PC2-69-4 what do i do with the blue wire that is hanging out and has been crimped already? do i leave it?

#636 Dhrupesh Vara

Dhrupesh Vara

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

thanks chris i found the solution it was so much easier than i though but was scared to do it but now it is fixed :D would you like to know how i done it?

#637 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

:D would you like to know how i done it?

:fortune:

#638 davecqd

davecqd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 10v 150PS

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:29 PM

Hi has anyone tried to amp up the stock gamma v? ive fitted an iso adapter to the line out, but the break through from the cars electrics is hideous,

could it be the head unit is faulty ,or will some kind of aftermarket filtering work?

thanks in advance

#639 mur3633

mur3633

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Podgorica, Montenegro
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

Just plug RCA cable in adapter and amp.
I amped up Gamma and MFD without any problems. Plug and play.

Make sure that you have connected everything properly.

Did you connect remote wire from ISO adapter to amp?

#640 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:52 PM

Hi has anyone tried to amp up the stock gamma v? ive fitted an iso adapter to the line out, but the break through from the cars electrics is hideous,

could it be the head unit is faulty ,or will some kind of aftermarket filtering work?

thanks in advance

For how long it'll take you and how much it'll cost,you could replace your 20 or more year old cassette deck for a fraction of the cost.A decent ground loop isolator (the £20 ones don't work that well and kill the bass) will cost more than a 2020 spec head unit.

#641 SpoilsburyToastboy

SpoilsburyToastboy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:18 PM

I changed mine years ago as my Gamma never really worked properly. I kept the speakers the same, but fitted an Alpine with iPod dock.

2005 2.0 GT TDi

2002 1.8T AUM - Currently off the road with front geometry issues.

#642 mur3633

mur3633

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Podgorica, Montenegro
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:25 PM

Gamma has very bad sound output, even with amp. I had Blaupunkt Gamma.
As imagewerx told long time ago, it sounds somehow flat, everything is there, but it missing something

Tried with Pioneer Head Unit, much more improvement, but with MFD D I heard real improvement over Gamma and Pioneer HU. So much clear sound, that I couldn't believe.
One minus on MFD there isn't custom audio settings like in Pioneer. HPF, EQ, Rear channels bridged for small Subwoofer, etc.

#643 davecqd

davecqd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:40 AM

hi thanks for all the replies , Being a masochist i'm going to persevere a while longer with the stock h/u.  im thinking that the dab/bluetooth adaptor i'm using in place of the cd changer may be a cause so im thinking of a four channel loc via the speaker outputs as there is no breakthrough using the stock wiring,  using the rcas on the line out adator, connected to earplugs the breakthrough is horrible even with all the amp wiring disconnected.

#644 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

hi thanks for all the replies , Being a masochist i'm going to persevere a while longer with the stock h/u.  im thinking that the dab/bluetooth adaptor i'm using in place of the cd changer may be a cause so im thinking of a four channel loc via the speaker outputs as there is no breakthrough using the stock wiring,  using the rcas on the line out adator, connected to earplugs the breakthrough is horrible even with all the amp wiring disconnected.

You could spend weeks on this and not get anywhere,I know people who've tried the same things and one guy even ended up making it worse.Good luck,but be prepared for the worst.

#645 davecqd

davecqd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • london

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

Hi All, update on the Gamma amp project, tried the speaker output into a 2 channel loc and it works!! no noise breakthrough even with the dab/ bluetooth in,  and a definite increase in sound over stock.....early days as i have a four channel loc in the post ,  using the aux wire from the line out adaptor  even the amp switches on/off with the radio !!!

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.