Clutch peddle problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

I jumped into the golf this morning, pressed the clutch to engage a gear, to find that the peddle has no resistance, and just flops to the floor.

I haven`t noticed any fluid leaks recently, no patches on the drive, can the fluid accumulate inside the engine bay. the cars barely 18 months old, and its been one problem after the other so far with it. (I thought my fiat coupe should be the unreliable one!!)

Any ideas on what it could be ? is this a common fault ?

Thanks

Gurmon,

By the way nice forum, been following posts for the past few months

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:27 AM

Were you still able to s elect a gear ?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, I can get it into gear, but not when engine is running. I intend to bleed the system, i just hope it isn`t a faulty slave cylinder.

It has the 6-speed box, not sure if this matters though. [:(]

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:03 AM

Had this problem on a VR6 gear box.

Clutch pedal went to the floor, so had to pump it to get it back to normal. Wasn't very helpful when you couldn't change gears when moving off or slowing down.

Bled it a couple times, in the end, changed the slave cylinder, and it was fine again.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:37 AM

Cheers, tried bleeding it all morning, right looks like a new slave cylinder then [V][V] not very happy.

oh well, [:(!]

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 03:55 AM

Seen this on a few TTs, and the pedal has just stayed on the floor when pressed, and seems to only do it in very cold weather.

Some times it was okay again after we had lifted the pedal back up, but on most have had to replace either the master or slave cyliders.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 12:00 PM

i have same problem on my anni in cold weather, only first thing though once warm its fine,

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:41 PM

if its only 18 months old, try to blag a free repair on the warranty[8D]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.