Mk4 Golf

Anni clutch sticking in the cold

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:50 AM

Who else has had a problem during these cold mornings with the clutch sticking down in the cold?

I mentioned it to my dealer and before I could finish the story they were ready to replace it with a new designed part.... under warrantee

It’s amazing what you get if you ask,

Don’t think they will publicise this one

Get in there now

#2 trl

trl

No longer a Dubber

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8211 posts
  • Cambs
  • Other Models

Posted 08 April 2003 - 09:52 AM

Wow!

Thanks for that one, ours has just started sticking! Will give our friendly dealer a call tomorrow!

Tony

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:12 AM

Its usually down to a faulty clutch cylinder, and is getting very common, especially on things like the TT.

When you go to start it on a cold morning, you push down the pedal, and when you release your foot the pedal stays on the floor!

In most cases you can just reach down and lift the pedal by hand, and its all okay again.

But is best to get it replaced, especially if the car is under waranty.

And if its out of waranty the bits arent expensive.

#4 trl

trl

No longer a Dubber

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8211 posts
  • Cambs
  • Other Models

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:49 AM

Sprayed ours with good 'ol WD40 and, touch wood, it has been okay on the last 2 cold mornings. You'd think that hefty spring would pull the pedal back no problem!

Tony

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:48 AM

I had my slave cylinder replaced when the car went in for its service the other weak. since then its got twice as bad & now everyother morning it gets stuck. the car is going back in on monday to have it looked at again..

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:21 AM

Had my master cylinder replaced and its been fine since all covered for free!!! :-)

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 02:51 AM

the car has been back in a week now as after the slave cylinder was replaced the clutch problem got worse.. its now in the process of having the master cylinder replaced.

There is a small problem though, they said they couldnt undo the nut to remove the M cylinder so was going to have to drill it out. do you rekon this is true or are they fobbing me off..? my mate rekons they might have cross threaded it when putting it on & now its stuck.. any ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.