Mk4 Golf

Diesel Geek quick shift fitted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:34 AM

I've now had a diesel geek quick shift fitted to mt TDI 150 for over a month now, say 2K miles. Fitting was relatively easy apart for finding the gear s elector locking pin for the final adjustment. In terms of driving the gear s elector is definatly shorter in both directions. The feel is more notchy and has lost refinement over the standard shifter. Whilst driving quickly over A roads the shifter is much improved, with less chance of missed gears, but round the town the 1st and 2nd gear changes are harder to work and add to driver fatigue. Overall I'm pleased, but you must be aware that the changer has pros and cons. I will keep you informed regarding durability over the next months.

#2 Reflex TDI

Reflex TDI

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:18 AM

Wakaday

As you know this follows on from the topic we ran a while back;

http://www.uk-mkivs....p?TOPIC_ID=9014

I agree with your opinion - it is not perfect but is much better on a blast and I forgive it's failings at slow speed in town, where it is noticeably poorer for me too. I slightly over-tightened one of the bolts and caused a tear in the rubber bushing of the left-hand gear s elector. When I get around to it I will replace this bit which will hopefully show an improvement.

James

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.