• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 vw kid

vw kid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

Hi just in the process of buying my first mk4 and came across this site.

I run the Club gti north east regional meet and was wondering if you's guys would like to come along.

My idea is to have a General Vw meet in the north east rather than lots of different meets as there is not that many vw nuts in the north east area. I have contact the polo forum and they are up for this also left posts on Edition 38 and Club GTI. So if your interested it would be nice to see you,

The meetings are the last Sunday of the month (next one Sunday 29th January 2006) at Briar Dene Pub Whitley Bay near St.Mary's Lighthouse Whitley Bay Sea front. Meet from 7pm.

Cheers

Alex Kidd

P.S.

Jimmy V5 used to come down to the meetings havent seen him for a while has anyone seen him?

#2 vw kid

vw kid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

So anyone up for Sunday then?

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

its a stone throw from me so when i get my mk4 ill come along!

#4 aRd

aRd

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4381 posts
  • Teesside
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

Alex have you
consider doing something for us Teessider's

Make the meet sometime a little South, so it makes it a little easier for the
guys from Durham, Darlo and Teesside to come along.

aRd

#5 Andyrg

Andyrg

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:34 AM

this is a good idea.

May be people from Durham meet up and go down in convoy to day some were on the a19 and meet with Darlo and Boro Ppl.e

We will be settign a date it will be a SUNDAY

#6 vw kid

vw kid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

Sorry can't change the venue as we have been using this for the last 7 years as a vw meet so it's established here. Come on down it's not that far, I know it is out the way for some but there is a large lit car park and the pub don't mind.It was a good turn out in Jan with about 20 - 25 cars it would be nice to see some more!!!?

#7 aRd

aRd

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4381 posts
  • Teesside
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:31 AM

Sorry can't change the venue as we have been using this for the last 7 years as a vw meet so it's established here. Come on down it's not that far, I know it is out the way for some but there is a large lit car park and the pub don't mind.It was a good turn out in Jan with about 20 - 25 cars it would be nice to see some more!!!?

Why don't why have a quartely meet in each of the area. Get all club GTI  guys to come down.

Get us North East Dubbers  together. Newcastle, Gatehead, Durham, Teeside, Darlo, Redcar even get the York / Harrogate guys iinvolved.

The Dub scene in the North East isn't as strong as it used to be

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:55 AM

That sounds like a plan.

Is York in the North East? It's a bit southern LOL

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:38 PM

Oooohh Woody got another new toy!!! I might follow you down or you can try and follow me!!

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

Oooohh Woody got another new toy!!! I might follow you down or you can try and follow me!!

Should be easy enough to stay with you [:P]

When and where is the next meet?

#11 vw kid

vw kid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

Meeting this Sunday 26th March from 7pm at the Briar Dene Pub, Whitley Bay (Near St.Mary's Lighthouse)

#12 Golf V5

Golf V5

• Moderators
  • 2155 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:56 AM

If I remember I will pop down

I always forget and remember the next day

#13 Andyrg

Andyrg

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:33 AM

due to the fact ive sodl my baby ;-( i wont have her with me but i have bought another mk4 gti standard at the minute

Will be there for defo tonight

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

due to the fact ive sodl my baby ;-( i wont have her with me but i have bought another mk4 gti standard at the minute

Will be there for defo tonight

So does this mean you are going to refund me the cash for the sills that I paid for mate?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

Wish i'd read this a few days earlier!

Newbie on here but been to the Whitley Bay  club gti meets years ago and used to be a regular at the Guisborough ones as well.

Currently driving a Corrado but just stuck a deposit on a Mk 4 Gttdi which i hope to get soon[:D]

Someone give me a shout when the next meet is on and i'll have a look along in the golf....or corrado....or bug......(whatever has petrol in at the tiime[:D])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: North East

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.