How To: Install Kufatec Heated Seat Loom - Page 2 - D.I.Y Guides and How to Instructions - uk-mkivs

Photo

How To: Install Kufatec Heated Seat Loom

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Jamie8954

Jamie8954

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

anybody bought from Kufatec ?

i just registed an account and put my paypal password in etc but on my account on kufateci get Order number:3****3
(processing)

but no money has come up on paypal as coming out of the bank

does this mean they have to manually process it through later or something ?

#32 S11NY_P

S11NY_P

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

anybody bought from Kufatec ?

i just registed an account and put my paypal password in etc but on my account on kufateci get Order number:3****3 (processing)

but no money has come up on paypal as coming out of the bank

does this mean they have to manually process it through later or something ?

Hi there,

I bought this last week and I made a payment via paypal no problems.

I dont no if there is a manually process as I followed though the steps on the website.

My loom I ordered came with in 2 days recorded delivery too with out anyproblems now fitted and well happy.

Suny

#33 Jamie8954

Jamie8954

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

cheers mate

#34 bansal6

bansal6

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

i've treid to install it using this diagram with my own wiring, the seats are not heating up, power is going to the switches and they work in my mates car, but been thru it so many times but cant understand why they are not heating up, hel[p pls anyone

#35 josh494949

josh494949

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3981 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:20 PM

do a continuity test on your seats to make sure the elements havent gone

#36 bansal6

bansal6

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

done it, everything seems to get power, except the wire 2 from the switches, and wire 3 from the switches  only had like 4 v going to it? ( both to the seats)

#37 bansal6

bansal6

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

I mean to say, wire 2 from the switch to green connectore 4 has no power???!!! and wire 3 from the switch to green connectoer 2 has only 4.16v???? pls help, thank you

#38 Diesel Power

Diesel Power

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi mate.

Thank you firstly for this SUPERB instructions. Flawless mate.

I bought the wires and seats 3 years ago and have been trying to find someone to fit it all these years. With no knowledge of electronics I managed to fit them on Saturday thanks to you in half an hour.

Thanks again. You are a legend

Regards

Antony

#39 loosebmx05

loosebmx05

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

glad ive found this too ive been looking to fit the loom to my seats for ages now so the one from  Kufatec is about £60

did some one mention a retro fit loom from vw how much is this?

cheers

#40 mtbe

mtbe

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Finland
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

I just bought kufatec`s loom as well (but with memory) You can see on heating switch which is left or right. I looked on manual and there is red and blue. Look those wires (they are gray but there is marking röt, etc)

Ig: _4lexi_

#41 cheshiresport

cheshiresport

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1085 posts
  • Cheshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Subscribed

Diesel gone - Replaced by 1.8T AUM, also got V6 4Mo project

242da524-2100-45c8-87e2-7e8b43082eb9_zps

#42 mrjonsavage

mrjonsavage

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Ok peeps, time to put the VW Hive mind on this topic for a struggling novice...

Right, installed loom fine (double checked wires to which bits), switches light up (nice!) BUT no heat in either seat!

So, my question is basically how to do a good test of relevant bits with multi-meter etc...

(1) Testing seat heating elements: I imagine I need to do a continuity test so on the plug of the connector on the bottom of the seat there are 4 metal blades that fit into the female bit from the loom - any particular combo to test (1+2/1+3 etc etc [yes I know the wiring diagram is above but am a little lost on it!]).

(2) Testing the voltage/current coming from the loom at the female end where connectors to bottom of seat: again, which terminals to put me probes on for voltage (& what should it be about 12V or less?). Can I test the current, again which bit to do (& remember this is a ptential 15-20Amp line so gotsta be a bit careful as this could kick like a mule if I cock it here?!)

(3) Slightly off topic but may be related: I fitted cloth Recaros & had to do the classic cutting off the connectors as they were different types. Now I was very careful to try & connect up the corresponding leads to positions but looking at them again I have for passenger side: Brown to brown/blue to blue/white to black & for driver: brown to brown/white to blue/green to black - SO, have I ballsed up here on the latter & should have had it brown to brown/GREEN to blue/WHITE to black??? AND so could this be affecting my heating of the seats?
(& yes I have got a 'Airbag error' message & the seatbelt symbol is illuminated all the time but I think that was due to me reconnecting the negative lead to battery in error too early).

I iz scratchin' ma noggin in confusion on al the above so put yer oars in people so I may get some warmth to ma ass before Winter comes...

#43 furiokid

furiokid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Just currently installing my loom and on the last bit of wiring up to the light switch and i don't have a grey/black to wire too? can anyone tell me which pin number it should be??

#44 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Golf 115 tdi

Have installed a Kufatec heated seat loom tuther day along with new elements in the front seats of my tdi. I have illumination of the switches and upon checking the plug on both sides I am getting no higher than 4volts when turning the seat switches. Is this correct? shouldn't I be getting 12v? 

Why is fuse 5 mentioned in previous threads? I fitted a fuse into 44 only.

Furthermore as it is a retrofit I don not have the small looms that connect the different plugs on the seat elements....I am just using the main block connectors.

Not feeling the heat yet....

any tips gratefully received....

#45 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

This is the base / backrest interconnect I needed for Recaros...

https://uk-mkivs.net/...36.aspx#1722736

Is that what you are missing?

:)

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#46 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Yeah that be the one. To be honest I wish I had ordered the complete kit off VW_Teeside instead of messing about with the kufatec loom and second hand switches. It would have been a lot easier and no more expensive. Have put an order in for a pair. Cheers.

#47 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

i got this mission to start tomorrow if my loom comes...anyone know what the time scale is on fitting this loom?

#48 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

also im thinking of routing it the right was past the bonnet realise anyone know how it comes off and the trims around that side?

#49 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

I routed mine via the centre console. Took a couple of hours. pretty straightforward

#50 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

how much extra wire you left with if you go the centre console way?

#51 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Proper route with the Kufatec loom is via the bonnet release area and lead lengths are perfect for this. No problem with centre console distribution but you will end up with a cable coil.

Be very cautious with the bonnet release removal, it's not obvious. There are many pics on here and other forums that will detail exactly how to remove it.

I think the VW Teeside kit is great if you have VW Sports seats, if you have genuine Recaros you really need the Recaro elements (they are different).

:)

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#52 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

yer i would really want to go the proper route with it as i dont really want any cable bunched up

ill have to try and find how to remove the handle and trim part

#53 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Quite a long way down this post are some pics of the bonnet release and the fragile clip that needs to be removed...

https://uk-mkivs.net/...74.aspx#1561474

#54 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

cheers noo ill take a look now

#55 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

well it looks like im going to be awaiting 2 weeks for my loom after waiting two days and spenting 9 quid on overnight delivery i get told that its a special order item that got to be made up in germany and then shipped over here even through on there web site it states 3-5 working days

sooo peee'd off is an understatement! DAM KUFATEC!

anyone know the part number for vw's heated seats loom? ill give them a try see what they say

#56 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Drivers seat working fine after retrofit with kufatec loom. However, passenger side does not properly. the side elements work but but bottom element and back do not. I have a black plug on the side elements along with the green and and white plugs. This black plug has not been used as I have nothing to plug it into.

any ideas?

#57 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

However, passenger side does not properly. the side elements work but but bottom element and back do not. I have a black plug on the side elements along with the green and and white plugs. This black plug has not been used as I have nothing to plug it into.

any ideas?

Not following this. On cloth Recaros there is a base heater and a backrest heater and a single interconnecting cable. You say there are side elements? What seats are these?

[:)]

#58 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

Howdo NooNoo

I have sports seats.

On drivers side I have a base heater and backrest heater. this works fine. On passenger side I brought the small side bits that house the green plug separate from the base seat, this has a female white connector AND a four pin black plug which does not fit anything.

In addition on the passenger side I have a backrest heater and base heater both with white plugs which via the interconnecting cable I have joined together and connected to the white female connector. I feel that maybe I have brought an element for Recaro seats or leather seats?  The black plug consists of four wires; brown, brown & black, yellow & black and white and black. I get 4v from the last two wires.

Broken circuit?

#59 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Pic from my element install...

Green plug went to the Kufatec loom and white to the backrest heater...

[:)]

#60 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

That is the same as my driver side. My passenger side consists of three separate parts. this is what VW showed me on their screen today. the wing parts are separate from the seat base while there is an additional black connector plug. VW parts dude reckoned central locking connector?! Anyway I think this is wired different because it heated seat not working. I will try and upload a pic

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.