How To: Install Kufatec Heated Seat Loom - Page 3 - D.I.Y Guides and How to Instructions - uk-mkivs

Photo

How To: Install Kufatec Heated Seat Loom

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

my kufatec loom finally come today after the LONG wait...guys seriously dont bother with them guys poor to no coms at all from them if you buy from kufa in the uk its another company working on there behalf and there a waste of space

emailed them few time with no rely for days i had to chase them up then they wouldnt answer all my questions.....

any ways i got that to fit tomorrow or sat fingers crossed the loom is wired right or im going to hit the roof

#62 white_gorilla

white_gorilla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Both seats heating up OK. No problems with Kufatec loom or routing loom through centre console. Cheers for the help guys

#63 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

Just installed some heated Recaros, and when I've got some money spare I'll be ordering the loom.
Subscribed! 

36884717591_d1651c4e8c_o.jpg
FOR SALE: Awesome GTI rocker breather hoses. PM me.

#64 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

my kufatec loom finally come today after the LONG wait...guys seriously dont bother with them guys poor to no coms at all from them if you buy from kufa in the uk its another company working on there behalf and there a waste of space

emailed them few time with no rely for days i had to chase them up then they wouldnt answer all my questions.....

any ways i got that to fit tomorrow or sat fingers crossed the loom is wired right or im going to hit the roof

Did you get the loom fitted ok?

I ordered from Kufatec UK on Fri and it's being dealt with by Richter Sports apparently. Lead time is 5-7days, so I'm not expecting it anytime soon!

#65 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Well I wired it all up from this how-to and nothing works except the lights on the switches.
I must have done something wrong or have a problem with the loom.
I really hope it's not that both seat elements have gone. 

#66 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Well I wired it all up from this how-to and nothing works except the lights on the switches.
I must have done something wrong or have a problem with the loom.
I really hope it's not that both seat elements have gone. 

#67 IpswichJules

IpswichJules

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Great guide this and something I'd be looking at doing, just one question - this green plug that should be under the seats (if my seats have the pads fitted? 2003 GT TDi, VW Sport seats), will I be able to see the plug by having a look or will the seats have to come out for it to be visible?

Cheers

#68 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

The airbag (yellow) and heated seat (green) connectors are held in a cradle under the seat. Easily visible with a torch!

You maybe lucky with the elements...

[:)]

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#69 domjoy

domjoy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Couple of questions:

1.My seats are not recaro,but leather with green plugs for heating,can i use this kit?

2. What other connectors do I need, for fuse/relay connection?basically what other extras to the kit do i need?

Thanks guys

#70 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

If you have the green connectors on the seat, it should just 'plug and play' at the seat end.

The Kufatec kit includes everything you need.

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#71 domjoy

domjoy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

Thanks NooNoo,will get one ordered after Xmas.

Look out for a PM when I come to install them ;)

#72 domjoy

domjoy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

"wire 'label zondungsplus S5' (switch live) connect to 75x on relay board but you will need to add a round end connector to the wire"

what sort of round end connector?

#73 Chris.

Chris.

Like A Bawwsss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25247 posts
  • Durham

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Which wires/pins is it if you want to just run 12V through them in a on/off fashion?  If its possible,

sig15.jpg

R-Tech Power 248bhp 275lbft - Gone But Not Forgotten
1.9T Forged Track Build Thread - TTE 420. Running 390bhp | 360lbft

#74 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Which wires/pins is it if you want to just run 12V through them in a on/off fashion?  If its possible,

Sorry don't know the pinouts but there is no reason why you can't just use a switch. Other than your ass is going to cook!

I always turn down the control about 5 mins into the journey, but don't want it 'off'.

#75 Chris.

Chris.

Like A Bawwsss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25247 posts
  • Durham

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Haha, its not for me....mates putting TT seats in a mk1.

The pinout diagram on 1st page doesnt make much sense to me.

sig15.jpg

#76 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Which end can you not work out?

Under the seat there are only 2 connections on the green connectors... pins 2 & 4... shouldn't matter which orientation (+12V 0V).

Pins 2 & 3 at the control end. These go out to T6b and T6d (the under seat connectors).

So without the control fitted, connect say pin 2 to 0V, and pin 3 to 12V through a switch...

I think that makes sense.

#77 Chris.

Chris.

Like A Bawwsss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25247 posts
  • Durham

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, thats the part.  I think im thinking that the diagram on other page is for the actual connector on the seats (but it must be for the kufatec loom)

sig15.jpg

#78 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yep the diagram is exactly as the Kufatec. The factory wiring will be the same though unless I'm missing something...

Here's a thread with a few pics from when I did mine. You can see some of the seat connectors.

https://uk-mkivs.net/...36.aspx#1722736

#79 IpswichJules

IpswichJules

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Sorry to dig an old thread, I have a Kufatec loom on my lap and I'm trying to label them in English before fitting it and then some S3 electric heated Recaros, my problem I've found so far from the excellent guide from the OP is that I appear to have a wire missing to label up!

On the guide it says to following need to be connected to the following:

• wire 'label masse-' (earth) connect under steering column (round end connector attached)

• This wire I don't have, I have a connector with a round end already on labelled as "ROT VERBINDER" (Red links), I'm guessing by the round end on it that this is an earth cable?

• wire 'label zondungsplus S5' (switch live) connect to 75x on relay board but you will need to add a round end connector to the wire

• I have this one

• wire 'label schraubklemme KL30' (permanent live) connect to 30 on relay board (round end connector attached) - this is the loose wire

• I have a loose wire which has no writing on in, it has a round terminal on one end suggesting that is a ground but a fusebox connection on the other, suggesting a live connection? Unless the Golf uses switched earth connections?
    I have labelled it as above but would like clarifcation as to if this seemingly permanent live connection should be connected directly to an earth? Sounds like a fire waiting to happen......

• wire 'label sicherung 44 dauerplus' (fuse 44) connect to rear of the empty fuse slot 44 - you will need to slide the plastic purple locking strip as highlighted in the second picture below

• Yep got this and labelled as above

• wire 'label schraubklemme KL30' (permanent live) now connect the other end to fuse slot 44 - this is referring to the loose wire again

• As earlier, I *think* I have this but with no writing on it, it all adds up as I have a fuse end and a grounding end on it so assume it's the one in question

• wire 'label beleuchtung PIN17 light shalter' (light circuit) connect to the grey/black wire behind the light switch - to remove the light switch turn to side lights whilst pushing in and the unit will come away

• Yep got this, how does it connect to the light fader feed? Scotchlock? Or do you remove the standard connection and feed this into the crimped connection?

Thanks for ANY help with this, seems Kufatec are as much help as a chocolate fireguard, the only pdf files they have sent me for fitting are all in German and not all the cables are labelled in German let alone English and are all the same bloody colour!

#80 stevefj

stevefj

• Full Members
    • Pip
    • 39 posts
    • Buckinghamshire
    • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Brilliant, just installed full leather, heated Recaro interior and the guide was perfect aid - worked as soon as switched on. Big thank you to the OP - and my mate for his help with the wiring.

#81 golfmk4gr

golfmk4gr

Padawan

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1201 posts
    • MKI Models

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Nice Job Mate

I made mine acrding this diagram

Posted Image

I took the connectors from a donor car

Save money but not time .!!!! Took me 1 houre to biuld the hole loom

80520883.png

gsrsilver    20V Turbo AUQ * ABT * 210 hp

#82 henkrich87

henkrich87

Just grazing

• New Members
    • PipPip
    • 108 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thanks

Great Guide mate.

Done my yesterday, nice and toasty now. Big Smile

Just to confirm above conversation, it was a Blue / Grey behind the light switch.

Bought the loom from Kufatec.co.uk, product is fine except it would benefit from coloured wires, but still one of the cheapest I could find, so I guess you get what you pay for. However I must say, their Costumer service is an absolute nightmare, it took them nearly 2 weeks to get this delivered, as there is no UK stock and they order from Germany, customer support is rude and useless, 24H dispatch mark is only for German customers, and their fitting guide is also useless too, but again their product is good enough and fairly cheap. 

Next is to connect my Multi Function Steering wheel Tongue Tied

All the Best

#83 Winniee

Winniee

• Full Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Brilliant guide. Took me around 45 minutes. Just need to wire the illumination to the live :)

#84 Winniee

Winniee

• Full Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Brilliant guide. Took me around 45 minutes. Just need to wire the illumination to the live :)

#85 nidub

nidub

Just grazing

• Full Members
    • PipPip
    • 195 posts
    • Northern Ireland
    • Mk4 Models

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

Nice Job Mate
    heatedseat.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm in the process of making my own loom. It actually isn't as bad as I thought but I'm stuck on one wire.
    The pin 5 on the heater switchs runs to the 7.5 amp fuse in slot 5 on the fuse box. The problem is that one pin is a thin black/blue wire (same as pin 5 on the loom I'm making, all fine there) but the second pin seems to be a much thicker black wire (Earth maybe?)
    https://flic.kr/p/AFt3z4
    01 Bora TDI 90 ALH

#86 nidub

nidub

Just grazing

• Full Members
    • PipPip
    • 195 posts
    • Northern Ireland
    • Mk4 Models

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

Nice Job Mate
    heatedseat.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm in the process of making my own loom. It actually isn't as bad as I thought but I'm stuck on one wire.
    The pin 5 on the heater switchs runs to the 7.5 amp fuse in slot 5 on the fuse box. The problem is that one pin is a thin black/blue wire (same as pin 5 on the loom I'm making, all fine there) but the second pin seems to be a much thicker black wire (Earth maybe?), I thought this was supposed to run to 75x switched power as shown in the diagram above?
    What am I missing? Should I run this wire straight to 75x and not bother with using a fuse?
    https://flic.kr/p/AFt3z4
    01 Bora TDI 90 ALH

#87 Mallard

Mallard

• New Members
    • Pip
    • 61 posts
    • Macclesfield
    • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ALH 90PS

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

sorry this is an old topic, is it possible to remove a standard loom from 1 car and fit it to another? im getting heated seats but not sure if i can take the loom too

2000 1.9 ALH Blue Anthracite Long Roof

#88 jannickrath

jannickrath

• New Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts
    • Denmark
    • MKI Models

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

Hi guys! 
    I need some help please. 

I've installed the Kufatec wiring loom today on my mk 4 TDI, and the seat heating is working fine. 

The problem is that my position lights, lights in the dashboard now can't turn off. 

I have installed the wiring loom like this: 

"Masse" to the earth under the steering wheel

"Zondungsplus S5" on the 75X on the relay board

"Schraubklemme KL30 (one end of the lose cable)" to 30 on the relay board

"Sicherung 44 dauerplus" on one of the slots on fuse 44 

"Sicheraubklemme KL30 (other end of the lose cable)" to the other slot in fuse 44

"Beleuchtung PIN 17 light shalter" is connected to PIN17 on the back of the light switch (Grey/blue wire)

C5EAD051-DFBF-4EAD-9ACC-E73364B0E710_zps

As I mentioned the heated seats works just fine, but the lights won't come off. 

Help please! 

#89 Golf TDI

Golf TDI

• New Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts
    • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ALH 90PS

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for a great write up, I just wired up some VW sport seats from a wrecking yard yesterday, and have some slight updates to make to the original as this is what I was working with:

1) Loose wire labeled www.kufatec.de -> A) Ring end goes to post #30 on relay panel B ) Clip end goes into back of Fuse 44 slot on relay panel

2) Masse=Ground OP picks near steering column, but any good, solid ground should do well.

3) Dauerplus - clip goes into the back of Fuse 44 slot on relay panel. All of Fuse 44 (2 clips) then connects back to 1B above with a 15 or 20A fuse.

4) Zuendungsplus/Ignition S5 - solder a ring to it and connect to post #75X on the relay panel.

5) Beleuchtung Pin 17 Lichtschalter - connect to pin #17 off the back of the headlight switch.

My PS seat did not heat up when initially turned up, but a test with the DS seat switch indicated that the switch was bad. A trip to the wreckers fixed that issue as well. Also, to reduce the 50/50 guess as to which plug goes to which seat, you can ohm them out with a meter beforehand and mark with tape.

#90 McPikie

McPikie

• New Members
    • Pip
    • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:10 PM

Guys, I'd like to bump this thread. I've picked up a set of heated leather recaros with switches, and loom. My standard seats are non heated, full manual.

However, the loom for the heated seats has been chopped in the middle and I cannot figure out for the life of we what wire to rejoin to which. I am awful with wiring.

It also looks like there's no wire to go to the under dash fuses, so does this loom take its power from the electrical system which powers the movement motors?

If anyone is local to the North West, I'd be happy to supply some beer tokens to help me fit them.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.