[Northern Ireland] Wanted list - where should I buy?/anyone got? - Regional Meets - uk-mkivs

Photo
Northern Ireland

Wanted list - where should I buy?/anyone got?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

* Anniversary kit (genuine or ABS plastic is the way tyo go?) - 5 door

* US spec rear lights? (The red and dark grey version?)

* Spoiler not too fussy which one as long as it is an OEM or very good rep

* Different gear knob (is it the beetle sport that fits with a little mod?)

* Lowering springs, only want to go down 40/50

Any advice on where to buy besides ebay or if anyone has any of these or similar lying around let me know.

#2 efunc

efunc

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

best  rear spoiler is the anni/R32 one in my opinion, although even that can look a bit OTT. (I have one on mine and sometimes I think it sticks up too much). The Gti one is best avoided because it just looks like an after thought.

I've seen some US rear lights recently at around £90. I'll post the link if I can find.

Beetle Sport gear knob I can sort you out with because I have a new one here. PM me if you want it.

#3 afro gti

afro gti

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4566 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

Also keep a keen eye on the classified section of this website. I've picked up many of my bits for dirt cheap from there!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

Thanks, I assume most people on here are trust worthy enough then :) bit apprehensive about stuff like that its not like ebay or the like there is no comeback if it is a postal deal.

I will keep an eye out.

Also keep a keen eye on the classified section of this website. I've picked up many of my bits for dirt cheap from there!

#5 efunc

efunc

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

No, that's not a given! Most people are excellent, but I've been taken for £60 by a long time member recently and others have been done for even more. It's difficult to know how to avoid this though, you just have to take a gamble. 99.5% of the time you'll be very happy, as I've been.

#6 Dubbz

Dubbz

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

here for ya lights https://uk-mkivs.net/...34.aspx#1265934 

unless you can find cheaper

#7 Dubbz

Dubbz

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

No, that's not a given! Most people are excellent, but I've been taken for £60 by a long time member recently and others have been done for even more. It's difficult to know how to avoid this though, you just have to take a gamble. 99.5% of the time you'll be very happy, as I've been.

Can you name and shame?? [8o|]

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

That stinks, a long time member too? sadly I am not too surprised, I think it is unavoidable but at least most people are legit.

Thanks for the link dubbz but I dont really understand the thread it links to there is no price on there just loads of people asking for one.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

I have 50mm lowering spring on my Bora which are getting swapped for coilovers when i get back to NI next week if they'll fit?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

I got some springs thanks anyway.

Probably wouldn't have fitted, I have a 1.4, I think the 1.4/1.6 and SDI are similar but the rest are different...although that was just what I was told, no idea how reliable that is.

I have 50mm lowering spring on my Bora which are getting swapped for coilovers when i get back to NI next week if they'll fit?

#11 Bazmcc

Bazmcc

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8293 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Bora S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

Hi mate.  Give me a shout if you want a non cutout anniversary rear valance.  They're normally £335 from the dealers but I can do one for £220 already primed.

#12 stuffers

stuffers

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

Gti Anniversary PD150 For sale Antrim

https://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/201041.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Northern Ireland

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.