bankers draft as payment for car ok? - Page 2 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

bankers draft as payment for car ok?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 BORA_TOM

BORA_TOM

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:55 AM

when I finalised the deal on my car I didn't release the keys and stuff until my bank had confirmed the money was there ( in my case instantly as we were both with the same bank)

#32 cjp2k

cjp2k

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1578 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:01 AM

One to beware of - my mate used his Switch card to pay for his new Ibiza FR a couple of weeks ago. Transaction went through fine. Got the car - found it had a fivers worth of fuel in it. Went to the petrol station round the corner from the dealer and his card got declined even though the funds were there. He ended up phoning the wife who paid over the phone. Moral of the story - take a spare credit card or 50 cash to buy some fuel (and mint imperials).

When i paid for the first golf, quite a large transaction, i paid with my Switch card, and had loads of problems, the dealer had 2 authorise the tranaction (fair enough) but i just had enough cash in the account, 3 days b4 i paid in 450 cash and a 30quid cheque, i needed the 450 to pay 4 the car but the cheque didnt matter, the dealer phoned up THEIR authorisation centre who claimed that i didnt have enough cash in the account as i paid in cash and cheque on same paying in slip, the cash needed 2 clear.. wtf!

So i ened up putting 400odd quid on my credit card [:@]

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.