• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 G4Turbo

G4Turbo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

I know theres a stereotype of 'Tpark wednesdays' of tons of boy racers but put that stereotype out the way for a second...

I went a few months ago on a wednesday but missed our film so had a drive around for abit to kill some time...

As expected there was some terrible cars and a handful of chavs driving round with rubbish music on... However, it wasn't all that. Some very nice cars in the mix aswell, tbh more nice than not and the enthusiasts there tend to park up and chat instead of driving round 'doing wheel spins and skids'

Comet/Staples car park has a decent dub scene and a few of my mates have been going for ages but i've never considered it. I was surprised at how many nice dubs turned up and the police popped in a few times but saw we were sensible and mature and just leave us be.

Does anyone on here go down on a wednesday or plan too? I've met quite a few people since my first time and now when I have the time I pop down quite often!

#2 maxitrol

maxitrol

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

must admit i have thought of going but the idiots racing around have put me of..but if the dub meet is out of the way i might have a look down-even thou i won't no any body

#3 G4Turbo

G4Turbo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

must admit i have thought of going but the idiots racing around have put me of..but if the dub meet is out of the way i might have a look down-even thou i won't no any body

I was in the same boat as you mate. It's well out the way and you can laugh at chavs on the round about as its front row viewing... If you ever fancy going down let me know and i'll p.m you my number so you know somebody when you get there [:)]

#4 maxitrol

maxitrol

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

I was in the same boat as you mate. It's well out the way and you can laugh at chavs on the round about as its front row viewing... If you ever fancy going down let me know and i'll p.m you my number so you know somebody when you get there Smile

might pop down tomorrow night-my lasses day off, if your going pm me your nuber will be goood to meet up

#5 Ianm

Ianm

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

I might come if its out of the way of the corsa/saxo boys

i know the darlo subaru club go too and they are older, sensibl kinds dudes als with some pretty impressivecars

I only live in ingleby so be rude not to really, staples car park you say, what time?

#6 G4Turbo

G4Turbo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:19 AM

Maxitrol,

P.M'd you my number

I might come if its out of the way of the corsa/saxo boys

i know the darlo subaru club go too and they are older, sensibl kinds dudes als with some pretty impressivecars

I only live in ingleby so be rude not to really, staples car park you say, what time?

Yeah so long as you stay in the staples/comet car park you'll be fine. You usually get people there from about 7.30 onwards but doesn't get busy until about 8.30 and usually people stay till about 10.00

#7 DanGTiT

DanGTiT

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

Used to go a while back but stopped going, too many idiots there when I used to go and kinda grown out of sitting in a car park now. :)

#8 tdigolf

tdigolf

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

any one go to tpark on wednesdays?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: North East

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.