#1 AndyOades114

AndyOades114

Tha' got beef?

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Just a thought, has anyone seen any of the new mk7 jetta's lowered yet? I feel as though they would look pretty great, not gonna lie...

Would love some picture reponses if anyones seen any about on the "internets"

Cheers guys

#2 AndyOades114

AndyOades114

Tha' got beef?

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Strange, I got an email notification with a photo attached but it's gone, where'd it go Crying

#3 J400uk

J400uk

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Technically not a MK7 Jetta as the new one is still based on the Golf MK6 underneath :(

#4 Fat Ben

Fat Ben

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Bora Sport 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Technically not a MK7 Jetta as the new one is still based on the Golf MK6 underneath :(

Really? The mk6? This is my disappointed face Sad

#5 J400uk

J400uk

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Really? The mk6? This is my disappointed face Sad

Yeah, which is technically a MK5 underneath still!

Its not really an improvement at all on the previous Jetta and was only released because its cheaper to manufacturer. The problem VW had was the old one although a brilliant car it couldn't compete on price against US rivals, so the new models introduces a load of cost cutting to get the retail figure lower. Not proving very popular in the UK as you might expect.

#6 Fat Ben

Fat Ben

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Bora Sport 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hmmm, interesting. Don't get me wrong, the Mrs has a mk6, and I love it. I really liked the mk6 Jetta even more, so I'm definitely not against the mk6. I just like the idea of progress I suppose. 

However, I won't be upgrading my Bora until they put the GTD engine into a Jetta - they didn't bother in the mk6, so I'm not optimistic for the mk7!

#7 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • On a very important international business meeting
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think the Mk7 chassis is inherently flawed. Lower power models get completely different rear suspension (think Mk4 stuff).

I'm sure it's relatively easy to retrofit but when it comes to buying coilovers, are they going to be different?

Mk7 things I actually really like the look off. A set of OEM style wheels and a serious drop and they look so fresh.

#8 J400uk

J400uk

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

True regarding the suspension but the same applies to the MK5/ MK6 chassis in the new Jetta and Beetle as they've both lost the Multilink suspension. Higher powered MK7 Golfs (122PS upwards) retain the Multilink setup, its only the basic low power models which have reverted back to Torsion beam in the aid of cost and weight savings. I think you'd really need to push them hard to notice the difference on the road anyway.

#9 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

All of the Mk5s came with independent rear suspension

#10 J400uk

J400uk

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

All of the Mk5s came with independent rear suspension

Yes I realise that, but the MK5 chassis (aka PQ35) can be configured without the independent multilink rear suspension. In the new Beetle and US Jetta applications it is setup with Torsion beam rear suspension instead.

The MK7 MQB chassis is arguably better than its predecessor but obviously at its best with the Multilink  Yes

#11 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Ahh see what you mean now Yes Yes that's correct Big Smile

I will have to try lol. Trying to blag a test drive in something like a 105bhp diesel (whatever the slowest bluemotion is) and the GTI hopefully

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.