And The Countdown...has Finished - Page 3 - MkVII (MK7) Golf and Jetta - uk-mkivs

Photo

And The Countdown...has Finished

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 TWONK FEATURES

TWONK FEATURES

Royce

• Moderators
  • 6213 posts
  • Kent
  • Other Models

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Not already? Lol

#62 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

yep..they tried to deliver it to work even though i arranged for it to be delivered to home. It has a small gouge through the paint under the driver's door handle and had a load of speaker cables hanging out of the A pillar  :angry:

looks like i need to start a mk7 loan car thread

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#63 J400uk

J400uk

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Congrats, car looks nice!

2015 GTD DSG

#64 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Thanks. Hoping it's a good as I remember when I drive it tomorrow
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#65 JohnV

JohnV

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Very nice, Damian. Wasn't too long a wait in the end. Beat my 5 month wait.

What's with the quality faults - paintwork + speaker cables? I hope you stand on the dealers neck till it's rectified. No excuses from their lack of PDI.

How's the ride on those 18's and 20mm lowered suspension?

#66 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

It makes me wonder what else I'll find...

Can't drive the car until tomorrow as it's the new reg so I'll let you know
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#67 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

One minor annoyance is that they've changed the media in cables again, so you only get this now

12835229404_9d18f175a4_b.jpg
Mk7 GTD media connectors - storage compartment by damianmkv, on Flickr

Is yours like that ? The dealer put the old cable in ( like on the mk6 ) but there's nowhere to attach it. With the old cables, you could play video from your iphone on the nav but the apple cables don't support video.
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#68 Dsgwagen

Dsgwagen

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Cant remember exactly te combinations but its somthing to with pro nav and the advanced telephone/climate windscreen options that affect what system you get. Its still normal mdi in most.

#69 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Hmm. Don't have advanced phone prep or climate screen so must be the pro nav then. Seems bonkers to pay nearly 2 grand for a head unit and lose some functionality.
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#70 JohnV

JohnV

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

This is how it looks on my GT with standard Discover Nav.

The dealer refused to give me any new media cables with mine, so I said fine and promptly took both cables from my Mk6 (the next owner will have to go buy some more). Disappointing when they nickel & dime customers after shelling out so much.

I rarely use the socket ever since I'd ripped and stored all my tracks on a Sandisk 32GB class-10 SD card and popped it into the glovebox slot.

Attached Files

#71 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for that. I guess one could be changed for the other then maybe...
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#72 J400uk

J400uk

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Looks similar to the CUP system SEAT have been using for the past few years. Required a combined USB and AUX cable to talk to an iPod/ iPhone.  I guess they've done it to make it easier for connecting standard USB devices like a memory stick/ hard drive to save needing adapters which can easily go missing. 

2015 GTD DSG

#73 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

True, it's not the end of the world.

Been out for a little 20 mile trip, obviously have to take it easy but it's very nice to drive. Stuck it in sport mode and got an average of 45.4mpg over a mixture of A and B roads
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#74 Simon

Simon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3642 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Car looks very nice indeed.

Got any interior pics?

Never bought a new car, aren't they meant to check for defects before delivery, go through some sort of checklist..!? Or do they just supply you with a monkey mask and hope you don't notice..

Hope you get it sorted out all okay. You getting some compensation for all this crap?

GTISideOnWashedOutBW.jpg

#75 JohnV

JohnV

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

That's cool, enjoy.

Don't be dismayed by the Mk7 computed fuel economy reading, it's considerably more accurate than the old Mk6.

I find the new one seems to be within 1 - 2 mpg of true mpg whereas the Mk6 was about 10+ over optimistic.

184PS should pull like a train when your GTD's run in. I'd give it about 1,000 miles. The running in schedule's in the handbook, except it's stated in km.

#76 Vipa V

Vipa V

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • North West London
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

so its here...and next week it goes back to the bodyshop

12833553373_a4b6ecbc0f_b.jpg
new arrival by damianmkv, on Flickr

Very nice! Love the colour, white cars are so cool.

Quite like the shape of the mk7 too, more pics please! :)

#77 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Hertfordshire (I'm posh now isn't it)
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Looks lovely dude, shame they cant be bothered to sort out defects before they deliver though. Glad its all here ok now though!

25050668945_fc84bd0c02.jpg

Audi TT 225 | four kerbed "alloy" wheels | light scratches and swirls to bodywork | various parking dents | tar spots | slightly cracked seats | crumbs on carpet | kids footprints on glovebox | out of date air freshener | hazy headlights | old faded  number plates | some annoying cabin rattles | some equally annoying cabin squeaks | unpainted calipers | no remap | no boost gauge | standard stereo with mind of it's own | some very annoying dust on/in speedo housing | a glovebox full of other peoples crap belongings that they can't be bothered to take with them when they get out | Bilstein B14 coilovers  :D

#78 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Maybe I'm just picky - the delivery driver did say they were blasé about cars but when I said " this is £30k" he then agreed that everything should be perfect

So....speed cameras added to the maps :D yay
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#79 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

That's cool, enjoy.

Don't be dismayed by the Mk7 computed fuel economy reading, it's considerably more accurate than the old Mk6.
I find the new one seems to be within 1 - 2 mpg of true mpg whereas the Mk6 was about 10+ over optimistic.

184PS should pull like a train when your GTD's run in. I'd give it about 1,000 miles. The running in schedule's in the handbook, except it's stated in km.

Far from it. I averaged 32mpg in the mk6 over 75000 miles so 45 is a right result. If it gets over 50 then all the better
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#80 JasonB

JasonB

Fritzel Basement Development LTD

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3362 posts
  • London Heathrow
  • Golf IV GTI 25th Anni 1.8T AUQ 180PS

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Starting to like the MK7s a bit more now, I've got a MK6 Bluemotion for my company car, painfully slow but I should have a MK7 in the next 12 months I'd have thought.

11239149524_edaf875c7e.jpg

#81 Simon

Simon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3642 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Maybe I'm just picky - the delivery driver did say they were blasé about cars but when I said " this is £30k" he then agreed that everything should be perfect

So....speed cameras added to the maps :D yay

Price shouldn't make a difference, it's new. You paid top whack for it and it should arrive to you in perfect condition.

• ProjectMick likes this

GTISideOnWashedOutBW.jpg

#82 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

I agree. New = new and that's that, regardless of price
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#83 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Hertfordshire (I'm posh now isn't it)
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Price shouldn't make a difference, it's new. You paid top whack for it and it should arrive to you in perfect condition.

^This. A new car is not cheap, no matter what you buy, it should arrive in perfect condition - ESPECIALLY when the make you wait months for it! 

25050668945_fc84bd0c02.jpg

Audi TT 225 | four kerbed "alloy" wheels | light scratches and swirls to bodywork | various parking dents | tar spots | slightly cracked seats | crumbs on carpet | kids footprints on glovebox | out of date air freshener | hazy headlights | old faded  number plates | some annoying cabin rattles | some equally annoying cabin squeaks | unpainted calipers | no remap | no boost gauge | standard stereo with mind of it's own | some very annoying dust on/in speedo housing | a glovebox full of other peoples crap belongings that they can't be bothered to take with them when they get out | Bilstein B14 coilovers  :D

#84 Dsgwagen

Dsgwagen

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

This is how it looks on my GT with standard Discover Nav.

The dealer refused to give me any new media cables with mine, so I said fine and promptly took both cables from my Mk6 (the next owner will have to go buy some more). Disappointing when they nickel & dime customers after shelling out so much.

I rarely use the socket ever since I'd ripped and stored all my tracks on a Sandisk 32GB class-10 SD card and popped it into the glovebox slot.

You should have got at least one cable infact a couple of months ago they were putting both normal ipod and Iphone 5 cables in the car,they come in glovebox but i think someone at port must put them there because ive seen cars without mdi still come with the mdi cables. If this was recent i would get onto VW or your dealer again as we are talking £80 worth of cables here and you should have got somthing.

#85 JohnV

JohnV

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

You should have got at least one cable infact a couple of months ago they were putting both normal ipod and Iphone 5 cables in the car,they come in glovebox but i think someone at port must put them there because ive seen cars without mdi still come with the mdi cables. If this was recent i would get onto VW or your dealer again as we are talking £80 worth of cables here and you should have got somthing.

To be fair to VW UK, I did get a large concession on the LED DRL's (after I'd kicked up a fuss over mis-advertising the xenon option at the time) plus the reg plate LED's from the dealer. In total it saved about £435. I just figured it would've been cheeky to push it any further with cables but as you say, I'd expect the dealer to chuck them in for free as they did on my old Mk6 back in 2010. It's no great hardship after swiping them from my old motor before handing it over for part-ex.

#86 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

I have a spare red collared cable for an iPhone 4 that you can have if you need one.
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#87 JohnV

JohnV

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

I have a spare red collared cable for an iPhone 4 that you can have if you need one.

That's a really nice gesture mate, but I don't have any Apple products. I've gotten so used to chucking everything on to a massive SD card and bunging it into the spare glovebox slot.

The only thing that bugs me with the infotainment is how fickle the Discover Nav is when displaying the cover artwork and that's with legal CD and legal MP3 downloads. Sometimes it's there, other times not. I think it's to do with the image size and format (???). Grr.

Damian, at some point when you get an opportunity at night, can you give us a heads up how effective the LED foglamps are on the GTD. The standard incandescent bulbs on my GT are "yellowy" and throw a pathetic amount of light compared to my main bi-xenon's. They seem more for show on the GT rather than usefulness. There doesn't appear to be anyway to retro-fit them as you can see from my profile photo, it's horizontal format on the lower Mk7's and vertical on the GTD/GTi/R (also like the cool double-U DRL LED's on the new R).

#88 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yep, will have a look ( not tonight though as I may have had one over the odds )
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#89 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

My cornering lights are definitely more yellowy than the xenons

Did 235 miles today...averaged 57.5mpg :D
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#90 J400uk

J400uk

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Jealous!

2015 GTD DSG

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.