• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 andy.w.

andy.w.

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

With the new model is it possible to do short journeys to work 2-3 miles,all though I would rack up a few hundred over the week-end .I,ve heard I would damage the car doing short jouneys all week,is this the particle filter I would block up? any help much appreciated!!!!

#2 mrrawuk

mrrawuk

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Cardiff
  • Other Models

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

If the model of car in question had the Particle filter would need a decent run on the motorway or bypass to be effective.

Thats my understanding of it, and if you make short journeys all the time then get a petrol.

#3 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Of course it's possible. Just make sure you give it a blast every now and again.

Is it worth it ? Probably not - I'd get a GTi for that mileage

#4 johanr77

johanr77

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

I wouldn't use a GTD for mileage under 1k a month to be honest, I've had mine a few days and you wouldn't warm it up after a couple of miles, it only starts to get anything like warmed up by 10 or so miles. I'd stick to the GTI they're practically the same price anyway and sounds like you're not doing high enough miles in a month to make much savings on fuel anyway.

#5 andy.w.

andy.w.

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Cheers for the info I have read about the new gti and could not make my mind up,petrol or diesel.I,m currently running a 150 pd doing about 12k a year and was thinking I could have me cake and eat it with the gtd performance and economy,my head said diesel my heart says petrol!!!!

#6 Mark V

Mark V

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

At 9,000 miles per year I work out the fuel cost would be £30 a month dearer for me in a GTI compared with a GTD.

#7 J400uk

J400uk

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

GTI is probably best on that mileage.

2015 GTD DSG

#8 johanr77

johanr77

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

At 9,000 miles per year I work out the fuel cost would be £30 a month dearer for me in a GTI compared with a GTD.

You using the official mileage figures for the GTI and GTD to calculate that saving?.

If you are I would look at the GTD getting mid to high 40's but if you're doing low miles on a daily basis it would be low 40's. Lot of owners been complaining the car struggles to get in the 50's for mpg on a consistent basis. Mine has never been in the 50's, I don't drive particularly fast either.

#9 richwig83

richwig83

Chief Troll

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15985 posts
  • Golf V GTI Edition 30 2.0 230PS DSG

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Driving 2-3 miles in a GTI will return about 15MPG.

brakessig.jpg

#10 Stuart_tate41

Stuart_tate41

Diesel & RX8 Fanboy

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9407 posts
  • Slough/Maidenhead

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

Get a bus for 2-3 miles ?

• AzRiz likes this

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.