TomasLT

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

@Rob136 I also have an atd pd100 in my estate and was just wondering if the pd130 metal intake pipe is a direct fit to the turbo. Assuming your still running the vnt15. Loving the work you've done so far on your car. I'm slowly changing and upgrading stuff on mine.

Yes, but you will need the flexing hose that goes to the air filter box and the whole air filter box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#122 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

@Rob136 I also have an atd pd100 in my estate and was just wondering if the pd130 metal intake pipe is a direct fit to the turbo. Assuming your still running the vnt15. Loving the work you've done so far on your car. I'm slowly changing and upgrading stuff on mine.

direct fit to turbo yes however as Thomas says you also need the flexi hose, maf (housing) and the airbox lid (the bottom half is the same). I have the pd130/150 inlet manifold as well which matches the mounting tabs, the pd 100 is different so unless you swap the inlet manifold as well it wont be supported very well!

unless you intend to fit a larger turbo (as I do) theres not a lot of point tbh. You should also get it custom mapped at the same time as the maf will not be reading the correct amount of air going into the engine. I have actually temporarily put the standard parts back on for this reason as I'm not able to afford the new turbo and associated mods for a while!

#123 TomasLT

TomasLT

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Pd130 intake manifold will fit, but then he needs pd130 egr, asv and the hose that connects to them, because the bolts and the hose fits at a different angle then the lot of pd100

Edit: thought about it and I'm not 100% sure since I may be thinking about passat engine, so make sure you check

Edited by TomasLT, 17 August 2016 - 07:34 PM.

#124 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

Pd130 intake manifold will fit, but then he needs pd130 egr, asv and the hose that connects to them, because the bolts and the hose fits at a different angle then the lot of pd100

Edit: thought about it and I'm not 100% sure since I may be thinking about passat engine, so make sure you check

manifold fits yes (ive got one!) cant confirm on the egr as I used a delete pipe when I swapped the manifold over.

#125 nidub

nidub

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

direct fit to turbo yes however as Thomas says you also need the flexi hose, maf (housing) and the airbox lid (the bottom half is the same). I have the pd130/150 inlet manifold as well which matches the mounting tabs, the pd 100 is different so unless you swap the inlet manifold as well it wont be supported very well!

unless you intend to fit a larger turbo (as I do) theres not a lot of point tbh. You should also get it custom mapped at the same time as the maf will not be reading the correct amount of air going into the engine. I have actually temporarily put the standard parts back on for this reason as I'm not able to afford the new turbo and associated mods for a while!

You can actually bypass the maf until you get round to mapping the car. I've a non pd 90 with a 130/150 intake manifold and turbo intake (no airbox or maf just an s2k filter). I'm still on the stock turbo.
You just need to bridge 2 connections on the maf plug with a 'bav21' diode.
I've been using this method for several years as I've been slowly gathering parts for a big turbo build and didn't want to waist money on mapping the car before it was all ready.
Car runs fine this way but obviously a remap is the best option. Wouldn't recommend it as a permanent fix as your mpg will suffer slightly
https://flic.kr/p/AFt3z4
01 Bora TDI 90 ALH

#126 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

You can actually bypass the maf until you get round to mapping the car. I've a non pd 90 with a 130/150 intake manifold and turbo intake (no airbox or maf just an s2k filter). I'm still on the stock turbo.
You just need to bridge 2 connections on the maf plug with a 'bav21' diode.
I've been using this method for several years as I've been slowly gathering parts for a big turbo build and didn't want to waist money on mapping the car before it was all ready.
Car runs fine this way but obviously a remap is the best option. Wouldn't recommend it as a permanent fix as your mpg will suffer slightly

Why not just leave it standard though until you have all the bits and get optimum power and mpg instead of bodging the maf? Its not like fitting these parts alone give any benefit?

#127 nidub

nidub

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Why not just leave it standard though until you have all the bits and get optimum power and mpg instead of bodging the maf? Its not like fitting these parts alone give any benefit?

I have noticed quite a big benefit actually, then again I've the fuel and boost turned up (evry mod and 3bar map with manual boost control valve). I'm now making 20psi on the stock turbo and the bigger pipework makes a difference imo.
01 Bora TDI 90 ALH

#128 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

I have noticed quite a big benefit actually, then again I've the fuel and boost turned up (evry mod and 3bar map with manual boost control valve). I'm now making 20psi on the stock turbo and the bigger pipework makes a difference imo.

ah, well thats fair enough then! on an otherwise stock PD100 though (not mechanical fuel pump like the 90/110) there wouldn't be any benefit without mapping in which case you may as well get the new maf included in the map.

#129 nidub

nidub

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

ah, well thats fair enough then! on an otherwise stock PD100 though (not mechanical fuel pump like the 90/110) there wouldn't be any benefit without mapping in which case you may as well get the new maf included in the map.

That's true, I agree it's definitely better to get it mapped all at once but just if someone out there has fitted everything and cba to change it back, it's a handy little tip to get your car running well again lol
01 Bora TDI 90 ALH

#130 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

Thought I may as well stick this very flattering picture up taken a few mornings ago:

6tag-947083747-1318336669552176729_94708

• nidub likes this

#131 Adampdub

Adampdub

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Brighouse

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

Cheers for the info. Think I will as @Rob136 said just collect the parts I need then get it mapped in no rush to fit the parts as I've a long list of other things that need sorting first. I've bought some dielectric grease to do the maf. So we shal, see if it makes a difference or not.

#132 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Well another year, another MOT! passed first time with just an advisory for a minor exhaust leak. Not worried about this at all, Its only referring to a couple of pinholes and theres no sound of blowing at the moment.

Fitted a newsouth TDI boost gauge for the full 90s max power effect! Fitted really as a gimmick but its actually very interesting (and distracting) to watch how the turbo is controlled! The boost hose take off goes straight into the side of the EGR delete pipe.

WP_20170210_13_21_09_Rich_LI_zpsk72vkkmk

WP_20170322_21_06_37_Rich_LI_zpserlsdlm1

Also suffered a minor fuel leak through the rubber pipe delivering fuel to the tandem pump. It gave the engine bay a liberal coating of diesel while it was at it! Replaced all the rubber fuel hoses to prevent any future issues.

WP_20170322_21_07_36_Rich_LI_zpsqnbsx8us

Also replaced the coolant flange with a new part and seal that was previously bodged with sealant to keep it on the road!

Other than that the miles have racked up pretty much faultlessly. Really loving the suspension as well. makes the car feel just right, maybe a little stiff round town but more than makes up for it once you get some speed up!

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.