10 replies to this topic

#1 srad34

srad34

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Looking to buy a new car for my company to replace my 03 Bora TDI.

In 2011 I had a Gold TDI Bluemotion for my job at the time and was really pleased so.....

Drove a Golf GTD with DSG, bloody hell, it was awesome.

Sorted a business finance pack, colour, spec etc, all done and then..................25 weeks for delivery? WTF, May 2014??? 

Apparently due to high demand. To be fair after driving one, I can see why!

Sadly I want to get a car pre-Christmas so back to the drawing board.....

#2 maxitrol

maxitrol

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

think the gtd will out sell the gti

#3 srad34

srad34

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

This would not surprise me tbh, loads of power and great economy plus low tax, what's not to like! 

#4 johanr77

johanr77

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

Just a word of warning on the economy front, the mpg figures are pie in the sky. You'd need to drive like a nun to get decent mpg out of it, in fact it's significantly worse on mpg in comparison to the mk6. I was easily able to achieve high 50's for mpg on a decent run in my mk6, in my mk7 even when driving carefully I struggle to get it into the high 40's.

VW have got to take a look at this to be honest on another forum where there are a lot of mk7 GTD owners, most are reporting poor economy.

#5 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

can't wait to get mine. I drive fairly carefully but I suspect it will take a year before I get reasonable mpg

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#6 TWONK FEATURES

TWONK FEATURES

Royce

• Moderators
  • 6213 posts
  • Kent
  • Other Models

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

can't wait to get mine. I drive fairly carefully but I suspect it will take a year before I get reasonable mpg

Pahaha! Shudddup Damian,

I heard you were donutting at homegrown, followed by a lengthy burnout out the exit.

Chased by 15 police cars at one point it was rumoured.

#7 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

that hasn't happened since I got pulled over in 2007 for joining the motorway at 114mph  :whistle:

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#8 Charlieboyoo

Charlieboyoo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Looking to buy a new car for my company to replace my 03 Bora TDI.
In 2011 I had a Gold TDI Bluemotion for my job at the time and was really pleased so.....
Drove a Golf GTD with DSG, bloody hell, it was
awesome.
Sorted a business finance pack, colour, spec etc, all done and then..................25 weeks for delivery? WTF, May 2014??? 
Apparently due to high demand. To be fair after driving one, I can see why!
Sadly I want to get a car pre-Christmas so back to the drawing board.....

Hi everyone,I was looking to order a gtd and I got in touch to find out delivery times and i was told if I wanted one I could order one to arrive on march 2014.i dont understand why you's are getting quoted longer.im in northern ireland

#9 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

I ordered mine 2 months ago...still not showing as a confirmed build week :(
Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#10 srad34

srad34

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi everyone,I was looking to order a gtd and I got in touch to find out delivery times and i was told if I wanted one I could order one to arrive on march 2014.i dont understand why you's are getting quoted longer.im in northern ireland

Main VW dealer, I rang a few and got the same eta. The GT was available sooner but apparently demand for the GTD has overwhelmed supply....

#11 Charlieboyoo

Charlieboyoo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Main VW dealer, I rang a few and got the same eta. The GT was available sooner but apparently demand for the GTD has overwhelmed supply....

well I'm going tomorrow to speak to them so i will know more.When i ordered my mk6 gtd i had to wait 14 weeks for it.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.