Mk7 Or Mk6, 2.0Tdi Or 1.6Tdi Bluemotion? - MkVII (MK7) Golf and Jetta - uk-mkivs

Photo

Mk7 Or Mk6, 2.0Tdi Or 1.6Tdi Bluemotion?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drift13UK

Drift13UK

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Reading, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi guys, 

I've got a Fiesta ST2 at the minute, still really enjoying it but it's looking like I may need to change for a diesel of some sort soon as I'll be having a longer commute to work once I get my own place, mainly on A roads and possibly Motorways too. 

I'm planning on buying the car through Hire Purchase and doing a few tasteful mods to it so it won't stay looking standard.

I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts are MPG wise for the MK6 and MK7, don't particularly care about how much power it does or doesn't have but just maximum real world MPG :D 

Any help is great :)

#2 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester
  • Golf VI GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Ive got a 12 plate mk6 2.0 tdi. Its got 26k on it and averages around 50-55 real world mix of driving. Ive had up to 64mpg and as low as mid 40's but good mix of fuel and power and ill be remapping once warranty is up

#3 briantwigley

briantwigley

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Scotland
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread here.

I have a MK7 1.6 SE. I can get up to 77mpg, however it really has no power especially when at higher speeds on the motorway. I wish I had gone for the 2.0 and a 6 speed, you'd find it easier on the motorway to overtake. 

That said, I had a 2.0 GT TDi MK5 and could get up to 75mpg in that, 60 on the motorway. Suppose it depends on how you drive it. 

Golf MK7 SE TDi + Golf MK4 GT TDi 130

#4 J400uk

J400uk

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

There isn't usually much difference between the 1.6 and 2.0 TDI for real world economy, since the latter doesn't have to work as hard.

2015 GTD DSG

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.