So I'm back home from uni until September and the car is going well since it's little hiccup in December, nothing much has changed since then apart from a few bits and bobs. As soon as I was back...
- The oil and filter were changed, around 5k after it's last service.
- I fixed the bonnet latch so the tab now pops out.
- Sealed the passenger door so it stops leaking from the inner door skin.
- Fixed the little LED behind the door handle as I didn't reconnect this when I fixed the window in London.
- Finally gave it a good detail and polish/sealant after a few weeks of not washing it.
Oh and also between December and now...
- New Sachs SRE clutch and standard Sachs DMF (plus surprise CV boot).
- Realigned headlights with new tabs.
- Fixed headlight washer (as it snapped in the crashed).
- Fixed passenger side door locking mechanism.
...that's actually a bit more than a few bits and bobs.
Resealing the rear vents under the bumper with silicone -
You can see the glint of light right at the bottom where there was moisture, boot carpet was wet along with some MDF that my amp is mounted to -
Getting the oil and filter replaced at Gaz's new workshop -
Really not an enjoyable job this!
Replacement part in the bottom on this photo -
Here we go again... -
Better safe than sorry! -
Very bad photo but exactly why I don't dare tackle something like this myself, I'd get lost! -
Farewell 1 year old DMF! -
Failed MOT on this, probably from the front end work, apparently I needed new headlights, LOL! -
Replaced tabs -
Washer fixed -
Current to do list is fit my new 256mm rear brakes, fix my recirculation flap as it's making an awful noise, and replace my blower motor as it's shrieking like mad as well! More interesting updates coming soon, hopefully.