ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Hertfordshire (I'm posh now isn't it)
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Following on from previous threads, we now have an official Lakeside meet. It will run on the 2nd Sunday of the month (for the more eagle eyed amongst you, the first meet was on the 1st Sunday of the month, but the 2nd works better for me!)

The meet will be held at the Tesco car park.

There is a petrol station right next to the meet, and McDonalds very close by for any food related needs.

Postcode is RM20 1TX

Start time is 19:00 Hours

14582695407_eebc3e8ff7_z.jpg

Please note that we do not have official permission (at the moment) to run the meet here. However, Tesco is closed at the time we would meet, so as long as there is no silliness there should be no problems.

25050668945_fc84bd0c02.jpg

Audi TT 225 | four kerbed "alloy" wheels | light scratches and swirls to bodywork | various parking dents | tar spots | slightly cracked seats | crumbs on carpet | kids footprints on glovebox | out of date air freshener | hazy headlights | old faded  number plates | some annoying cabin rattles | some equally annoying cabin squeaks | unpainted calipers | no remap | no boost gauge | standard stereo with mind of it's own | some very annoying dust on/in speedo housing | a glovebox full of other peoples crap belongings that they can't be bothered to take with them when they get out | Bilstein B14 coilovers  :D

#2 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

Just to get this started, some people from the previous thread that showed an interest.

@Bromley_GTI
@REDCAP
@nickbird123
@uptonracing26
@rob7656
@mcnjcantee
@volkswagenborat
@ConvertedVtecNut
@TWONKGTI150
@kad
@Adz89

Audi TT 225 | four kerbed "alloy" wheels | light scratches and swirls to bodywork | various parking dents | tar spots | slightly cracked seats | crumbs on carpet | kids footprints on glovebox | out of date air freshener | hazy headlights | old faded  number plates | some annoying cabin rattles | some equally annoying cabin squeaks | unpainted calipers | no remap | no boost gauge | standard stereo with mind of it's own | some very annoying dust on/in speedo housing | a glovebox full of other peoples crap belongings that they can't be bothered to take with them when they get out | Bilstein B14 coilovers  :D

#3 mcnjcantee

mcnjcantee

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • South East, Kent
  • Bora SE 1.6 16v AUS 105PS

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Sounds good,

Strictly ukmivs members or can I bring some mates along?

whjion.jpg

// - Bora Build Thread - \\ - // - INSTAGRAM: njcanty - \\

#4 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sounds good,
Strictly ukmivs members or can I bring some mates along?

I would like to keep it as a forum meet on the whole, but a couple of very sensible mates should be ok.

#5 REDCAP

REDCAP

My Other Car Has Blue Lights...

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Aldershot
  • Bora V6 4motion 2.8 24v 204PS

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

wont be able to make this one mate, im working that day.

make sure you guys are keeping it sensible. cops are all over meets at the moment after the incident last week.

Dan.

↑Jazz Blue VW Bora 2.8 V6 4Motion     

Build Thread                               

#6 REDCAP

REDCAP

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Aldershot

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

and give tesco a call anyway @ProjectMick . then you have the backing of having permission to be there. 

sorry i cant back this one this month.

Dan.

Build Thread                               

#7 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

No worries dude - am going to give them a ring even though they are shut when we meet, but didnt want to pretend I had yet! Once done ill change the original post. By the way I have been in a cave, what "incident"?

Edit: think I just found the incident.

#8 REDCAP

REDCAP

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Aldershot

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

loads of injured people in plymouth coz of some morons wheel spinning around.

Build Thread                               

#9 fghtffyrdmns

fghtffyrdmns

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

I can't make it to this one as already have plans that day but am interested in the next one!

Geoff

#10 DougalR

DougalR

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Canterbury, Kent
  • MKI Models

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Might pop along. 

• ProjectMick likes this

2003 .:R32 Golf Rotrex adapted. May the boost be with you......

1998 GT TDi Daily with galactic miles. Rust is lighter than carbon fibre. 50 shades of red....

You can Only plan so far...after that you have to take a few leaps of faith.....

#11 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

I can't make it to this one as already have plans that day but am interested in the next one!

Geoff

No worries dude, will be 2nd Sunday of every month from now on, so hopefully will see you then!

#12 ProjectMick

ProjectMick

Multi-tasking. Slowly.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Quick bump on this and a notice to say that I probably wont make this on Sunday due to being offered some last minute photography work. Money is too good to turn down and I need it for a few car related bits!

Obviously the meet is still on, if people maybe want to post up if they are coming that would be good as its a new meet and I know what its like, you dont go as you arent sure if others are going to turn up.

Anyone who does go please just make sure you behave as like REDCAP said, police are on top of things like this at the minute and we dont want it to stop before it gets going. I'm sure it will all he fine!

Cheers guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: South East

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.