[North East] Official NE meet thread,18th April,9.45/10.00am Washington services,Leeds boys@12 then off to see Jakes - Regional Meets - uk-mkivs

Photo
North East

Official NE meet thread,18th April,9.45/10.00am Washington services,Leeds [email protected] then off to see Jakes

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

18TH APRIL 9.45-10.00AM @ WASHY SERVICES

Whats happening with this fella's??!!

RIGHT,time to get it sorted!

Theres to much hmmmm'in n arin.....

Im going to propose a date and its afew weeks away to give people plenty of time so theres no excuse for not comming  [Y]

We can meet ppl further south in needed

Weekend after GTi Spring Fest on the sunday,hopefully the weather will be better then aswell

How does  meeting up 10.30am ish sound? Meet up @ Washy services,convoy to meet the Leeds boys then off to Jakes for 1pm

Ill put my name down 1st,please just edit the list as we go so we can get a clear idea on numbers

1.Wilkymk4 (Lee)

#2 karbineftw

karbineftw

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

1.Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2.karbineftw (Dan)

#3 Chris_mk4_golf

Chris_mk4_golf

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

1.Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2.karbineftw (Dan)

3.Chris_mk4_golf (chris)

#4 Jecht

Jecht

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

Day of booked now, parts ordered to fix front end so just need a sunny day between now and then to fit em.

1. Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2. karbineftw (Dan)

3. Chris_mk4_golf (chris)

4. Jecht

#5 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

Looks like this is a none starter! [brick][doh]

#6 maxitrol

maxitrol

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

1. Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2. karbineftw (Dan)

4. Jecht

5.maxitrol (andy)

thier is time yet Lee

#7 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

Yeah,your right mate,i hope its a good one,be good to actually drive somewhere n half abit crack along the way.

Christian was telling me about the ST meet tom,75 car and a run out to Whitby,thats what its all about! [Y]

BUMPETY BUMP people!

Lee

#8 Suni

Suni

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Im sure you people further up North (East) can get more people in..I thought the Yorkshire lads were a bit more lazier than you lot..

Hopefully this might urge the lazy one's to jump in and drive down..

#9 Pearl Black GTI

Pearl Black GTI

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Christian was telling me about the ST meet tom,75 car and a run out to Whitby,thats what its all about! Yes

Lee

Lee,

Not ruling out going mate as i think you need all the support you need on this one mate, The North East VW scene used to massive but over the past 5 years it has been in steady decilne[:(] So come on folks lets get your names down!!!

The ST owners club following is Massive up here, Got 76 on the list now and cant wait for the meet tomorrow[Y]

Christian.

#10 maxitrol

maxitrol

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Thats the thing Christian-people moan that nothing happens in the north and we try and organise some thing but where is every body[:(]

#11 Jecht

Jecht

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

The North East VW scene used to massive but over the past 5 years it has been in steady decilneSad

ok .. what north east VW scene?????

6 years ago when i was trying to organize shoot everyone just took the wee wee cos they didnt want to come up north and ppl in the north east simply didnt exist so where was this north east VW scene hiding exactly??

got nothing but a shoot load of grief from ALOT of ppl for trying to organize meets in the north east including some rather fun threats from NECO for "steeling there ideas"

not calling you a liar, just really love to know where you where all hiding!!

#12 Pearl Black GTI

Pearl Black GTI

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

The North East VW scene used to massive but over the past 5 years it has been in steady decilneSad

ok .. what north east VW scene?????

6 years ago when i was trying to organize shoot everyone just took the wee wee cos they didnt want to come up north and ppl in the north east simply didnt exist so where was this north east VW scene hiding exactly??

got nothing but a shoot load of grief from ALOT of ppl for trying to organize meets in the north east including some rather fun threats from NECO for "steeling there ideas"

not calling you a liar, just really love to know where you where all hiding!!

Dont believe i have ever seen you at any of the many local meets i have attended over the last 4 years have i?[whistle]

Going back 6 years i guess it would depend on what you were driving as to the following, If it was a "shed" and you were trying to organise a meet in sainsburys car park that could be the answer. However the Club GTI meet up a whitley bay used to get upto 30 cars on a regular basis, When i went up last year there was 10 cars there at the most[:(]

That is my point[Y]

#13 Jecht

Jecht

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

i aint had a car for 4 years since i took my last car off the road to do stuff then it was wrote off when the shell rolled over in a strong ass wind so went 4 years without a dub and never made it to the ones in whitley bay.

the DNE meets where almost into the 100+ dubs there in the summer and tbh the best vw one i went to was in shields in 2004 and was only 20 cars there, we had a following but NECO ran us out of town, i moved to peterlee, someone moved to scotland the the last guy moved to wales .. i still run alittle one but really its just afew mates and only 2 of us have still got dubs cos i refused to let NECO beat me.

not going into details about it tbh, long story is they didnt like what we where trying to do so went around posting the address of us, i'm the only one out of 3 of us who sayed in the area tbh.

i'm assuming cos you didnt ask, you remember who NECO where, dont know if they are still around, dont[Y] really care tbh, was in a time long ago, was pre 2004 cos was before my now ex and i got back together and she was the main reason i got out the whole thing in anyway but she's gone so i'm back with now 6 years of ignoring the internet and growing lol

ANYWAY, i'm bored, incase the essay didnt give that away .. the club gti ppl still meet up there? might have to pop along to the next one of them

#14 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Jecht you dont half babble on mate [blah][:DD]

Anyway,time ladies this is going [off-topic] and its hard enough trying to sort this out! [Y]

Lee

#15 maxitrol

maxitrol

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:20 PM

5 days after my birthday[:)]

#16 Jecht

Jecht

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

i aint slept since saturday morning, so brain is going like a million miles per hour from caffeine lol [blah]

but back to the arranging ..

A1 durham services as a meeting point or is this too far north for the durham ppl to get to without going to far north?

somewhere south of durham would be a better so everyone meets in same place to convoy down but just throwing ideas out there like confety at weddings ..

washington services too just before meeting up with the rest of the ppl at durham services?

#17 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

Im deff going down boys,all those interested say AYE! [;)]

(And stick your names on the list[Y])

Lee

#18 Bailey12856

Bailey12856

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:16 AM

I'll say yes now, but if im lucky enough to find work anytime soon theres a slight chance I could be offshore. Or I could be even lucker and got a job offshore be home for this and have some new shoes for the car [8]

#19 Chris_mk4_golf

Chris_mk4_golf

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

Ill be there!!

#20 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

1. Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2. karbineftw (Dan)

4. Jecht

5.maxitrol (andy)

there is time yet Lee

Stick ya names down fella's! [Y]

#21 Bailey12856

Bailey12856

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

1. Wilkymk4 (Lee)

2. karbineftw (Dan)

4. Jecht

5.maxitrol (andy)

6. Bailey12856 (Paul)

#22 Suni

Suni

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

You know what lads..if its a nice day il bring some somosa's n kebabs with me for you's!! Might be a good incentive..Free food normally goes down well

#23 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Sounds good mate,cant beat some nice Indain food,mmmmmmm! [;)]

#24 Suni

Suni

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

When I look at the list next time hopefully we should be in double figures!!! lol

#25 GrahamO

GrahamO

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

The NE has had some big meets in the past, this one below is from 2003 when uk-mkivs was still in its infancy and I still had a 1.4E [:$]:

#26 Bailey12856

Bailey12856

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

The NE has had some big meets in the past, this one below is from 2003 when uk-mkivs was still in its infancy and I still had a 1.4E Embarrassed:

Is that St James? Because I dont think I could handle meeting up outside St James [:(]

#27 GrahamO

GrahamO

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

The NE has had some big meets in the past, this one below is from 2003 when uk-mkivs was still in its infancy and I still had a 1.4E Embarrassed:

Is that St James? Because I dont think I could handle meeting up outside St James Sad

Indeed it is! Maybe that's why NE meets aren't attracting the numbers [^o)]

#28 Bailey12856

Bailey12856

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

Is that St James? Because I dont think I could handle meeting up outside St James Sad

Indeed it is! Maybe that's why NE meets aren't attracting the numbers Hmm

Haha might be right

#29 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thats before my time but thats what i was talking about the other day,thats a great turn out,not just for the cars but it great to meet new friends and have some good crack and also promote the site.

Thats what im trying to get across atm,theres no reason at all why we couldnt have more of the same now with 70+ members on the mailing list.

Its just getting everyone together at the same time in the same place [Y]

Id love to see the meet/convoy down to Leeds be a big one,could get some great rolling shot on th way down too [H]

NIce photo Greame,cheers.

Lee

#30 wilkymk4

wilkymk4

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3851 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

Hey up fella's,

Its looking pretty likly that Jake is gonna have his open day on the 18th when we have our meet.

Any objections if we meet abit earlier and head straight down there? Meet the Leeds boys there too?

Its just a suggestion but reckon it would be a canny idea,hes doing cheaper 4 wheel alighnments n stuff for anyone interested.

Was gonna suggest the same on the Leeds thread n see what the reaction is.

What do we reckon?

Lee

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: North East

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.