[Mk5 Golf] Detailed Cruise Control Retrofit, Golf Mk5, Pics! - Page 3 - D.I.Y Guides and How to Instructions - uk-mkivs

Photo
Mk5 Golf

Detailed Cruise Control Retrofit, Golf Mk5, Pics!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

hay guys about to fit cruise control to my mk5 gt tdi '55 but a bit confused [:S]

i took out the little storage box on the right of the dash were the relay board is and took a look up to see if i can see the blue plug and see if i can see the wire was there or not but i can see the back side of the box you take out from the behind the wiper but there nothing there there no plugs there or anything.

im really confused now as from what i can see there no blue plug to run the wire to. so what do i do now do i just fit it and code it? or is there something else i need to do... or am i looking in the wrong place for it.

here a pic of what i can see from through the storage box hole....

#62 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

bump

#63 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

anyone?

#64 Eddie-NL

Eddie-NL

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

hi

I would suggest that you look at the steering wheel control module if you have the wire. Instead of trying to guess if you have it or not

Highline Cluster swops 2004 - 2013 Genuine VAG Commander, VAG CAN PRO, VCDS, Retrofitting Cruise, CAN Gateway, Park Assist and Much more

#65 blade4real2004

blade4real2004

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Fitted the cruise control stalk today and just to confirm that the wire was already there so I didn't have to run in any extra wire. So it looks like if you look up the dash and there is no plugs were the box opening is there a very good chance that you will not need to run a wire in as it will be already there

#66 fenwick458

fenwick458

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5335 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

anybody know the VW # for a repair wire that will plug into the ECU plug?

trying to do this to my caddy, but it has no diagnostics wire from the SWCM to the ECU. so so far i have found out that I need 00 979 009 E to plug into the SWCM, then what pin do i need to go to the ECU pin 20 of the 94pin skt?

#67 Stipe TDI

Stipe TDI

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Croatia
  • Golf V SE 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

Dear friends,

I bought used cruise control stalk on ebay. It is marked as 08 production year. Last night I read about retrofitting CC. Today I did it, but all did not get well. When I was connecting battery I notice that high beams are on.
I thought that maybe I need to turn off coming home function, but later when I did it it was without success.
Anyway, my modul is 
Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BC HW: 1K0 953 549 BC
Component: Lenksäulenmodul 036 0070 
Coding: 0000042
Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00001
VCID: 74EDC20917A00E9

Now I notice BC in part no. To be honest, as I have board computer in car and I think that retrofitting will fit easily. 

Also, rosstech says:
#1: Depending on the hardware version of this module, it MAY or MAY NOT allow Cruise Control Retrofitting, so replacing the Steering Wheel Control Module may be required.

So, I successfully turned on CC. I code it in steering wheel and engine control module, and it works great but I have trouble with high beams. It suppose that when i unlock the car its switch on and it stays on for about several minutes, maybe 4-5. In that period I start the engine and high beam lights still on, no matter where is main light switch. 

It looks like someone turn blinker upward and does not releasing it. After that period lights turns off. Also I notice that I can t blinks or turn manually high beams. So, can I change wiring of stalk or do something else? Any 
other suggestions? 

The car is 2007 Golf 5 TDI

#68 Stipe TDI

Stipe TDI

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Croatia
  • Golf V SE 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

I have resolve the problem. My module supports cruise control, the problem was with stalk. I measure contact on my old stalk, and discover where is the open circuit at each position of stalk. See photo. After that discover that stalk with cc gives constantly high beam. After that I remove motherboard of stalk, and discover that mechanism which walks through contact was without control. just insert it into position an assembled all back. Now everything work perfect.
Just add radio in adaptation for can gateway and now car is without any errors. It have 270tkm and still counting.

#69 kevstor996

kevstor996

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • brighton
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

hi there,

im hoping someone can help me. I tried adding a cruise control stalk to my 55 plate gt tdi 2.0 4 motion after updating the steering wheel control module (nothing coded yet) but when I fitted the stalk and put it all back together the right hand indicator is on all the time, when I turn the engine off the RH parking lights are on so it thinks the indicator stalk is up (turning right) all the time?

I also swapped the GTI paddle shift non MFSW steering wheel for an MFSW wheel (not coded yet either) so buttons dont work yet.

Parts I have:

• Cruise Control Indicator Stalk Arm OEM 1K0 953 513 F (wrong one?) (old one 1K0 953 513)
  • slip ring 1K0 959 653 C (should ok with steering wheel module?)
  • new steering wheel control module 1K0 953 549 CH off ebay (should work with my slip ring)
  • I need to wire in the extra wire to the ecu for CC - its only half done

I put the old stalk back on for now and it works ok with the new control module.

Ive lost power steering - Im guessing this needs coding with the new control module? Maybe I need a different stalk although from what I read this one should work?

Thx for any pointers - scratching my head right now...

#70 kevstor996

kevstor996

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • brighton
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:19 PM

Great guide - thx very much. Got mine all wired in had to do the extra wiring bit which was a faff, wipers out etc. Also bought faulty cruise arm which I had to take apart to put a little plastic slider back in its place.

Just need to get it coded now!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk5 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.