5 replies to this topic

#1 shady_character19

shady_character19

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

I thought id do a little write up on how to install some audi TT pedals into a mk4 golf as its a relatively inexpensive mod and looks great ! many have already done this mod as im certainly not the 1st ,but theres no guide as of yet so thought id do one .The install is pretty easy and is mostly common sense ,but for those who are wondering how difficult this mod is then hopefully this will shed some light on it [8-)]

First up is part numbers

Accelerator Pedal - 8N2721647B - £13.40

Clutch Pedal - 8N0721174A01c - £9.77

Brake Pedal - 8N0721173A - £9.77

These are jus the prices i paid today from TPS ,although VW prices were a tad cheaper but only a few pence.

Posted Image

The good thing about the pedals is they are an exact OEM fitment and straight swap ,so ideal replacements for that sporty look 

First thing i did was put some warm water in a bowl and leave the pedals in the water to soften the rubber up, id definately advise you do this as i first tried fitting without doing this but failed ! as they are a pig to get on properly [:@] so softening the rubber is the best way [Y]

Posted Image

as the next pic shows, the pedals (or covers as stealers refer to them) have a rubber flange all the way round the edges, its this flange that basically wraps around the metal pedal and attachs the covers

Posted Image

Posted Image

so next up is to remove the existing pedal covers from the metal brackets, theres no given way but i found grabbing one of the flanges thats biggest and peeling the cover off to the side worked fine. the brake was the trickiest because aswell as the flange there is also a rubber stud in the centre that goes through a hole in the pedal. so persevere and they will come off pretty easily !

grab the flange and pull away !

Posted Image

untill it pops off......then repeat for other pedals

Posted Image

so the next step is just the reversal of the removal stage ,its pretty tricky if im honest but nothing a little patience wont solve .

the rubber flanges should be nice and soft now from the soak making life much easier. I started each cover by placing one edge of the flange over the pedal and working my way round until completely attached,they sit correct and look right once there on. for the last bit of the flange i used a little screw driver just to flick it over the lip but just be careful not to scratch the cover !you cud use other less sharp tools but i just had one to hand

one edge 1st....

Posted Image

accelerator on ,nearly there [^o)]

Posted Image

and the finished article 

Posted Image

Posted Image

so a nice cheap and cheerful mod complete ! hope that some people out there find this useful . its really easy to do and worth it in my opinion 

happy modding 

#2 Lengho

Lengho

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

spot on just about to do this nice one[clap]

#3 rOcK_oN

rOcK_oN

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3410 posts
  • Cyprus
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 1.4 170PS DSG

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

nice one mate already done that but that hot water trick to soften the rubber up will surely help me one day thanks!

#4 sambo101

sambo101

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

The accelerator pedal I have seems to be to big for the golf pedal. Should I hazard a go gluing it on??

#5 ypvs

ypvs

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts
  • N Cambs
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

The accelerator pedal I have seems to be to big for the golf pedal. Should I hazard a go gluing it on??

Same with the set I got- used hot melt glue and a couple of clamps. Also roughed up the pedal metal with sandpaper.

• sambo101 likes this

#6 sambo101

sambo101

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Same with the set I got- used hot melt glue and a couple of clamps. Also roughed up the pedal metal with sandpaper.

Great idea mate, thanks. Will get the glue gun out

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.