I thought id do a little write up on how to install some audi TT pedals into a mk4 golf as its a relatively inexpensive mod and looks great ! many have already done this mod as im certainly not the 1st ,but theres no guide as of yet so thought id do one .The install is pretty easy and is mostly common sense ,but for those who are wondering how difficult this mod is then hopefully this will shed some light on it [8-)]
First up is part numbers
Accelerator Pedal - 8N2721647B - £13.40
Clutch Pedal - 8N0721174A01c - £9.77
Brake Pedal - 8N0721173A - £9.77
These are jus the prices i paid today from TPS ,although VW prices were a tad cheaper but only a few pence.
The good thing about the pedals is they are an exact OEM fitment and straight swap ,so ideal replacements for that sporty look
First thing i did was put some warm water in a bowl and leave the pedals in the water to soften the rubber up, id definately advise you do this as i first tried fitting without doing this but failed ! as they are a pig to get on properly [:@] so softening the rubber is the best way [Y]
as the next pic shows, the pedals (or covers as stealers refer to them) have a rubber flange all the way round the edges, its this flange that basically wraps around the metal pedal and attachs the covers
so next up is to remove the existing pedal covers from the metal brackets, theres no given way but i found grabbing one of the flanges thats biggest and peeling the cover off to the side worked fine. the brake was the trickiest because aswell as the flange there is also a rubber stud in the centre that goes through a hole in the pedal. so persevere and they will come off pretty easily !
grab the flange and pull away !
untill it pops off......then repeat for other pedals
so the next step is just the reversal of the removal stage ,its pretty tricky if im honest but nothing a little patience wont solve .
the rubber flanges should be nice and soft now from the soak making life much easier. I started each cover by placing one edge of the flange over the pedal and working my way round until completely attached,they sit correct and look right once there on. for the last bit of the flange i used a little screw driver just to flick it over the lip but just be careful not to scratch the cover !you cud use other less sharp tools but i just had one to hand
one edge 1st....
accelerator on ,nearly there [^o)]
and the finished article
so a nice cheap and cheerful mod complete ! hope that some people out there find this useful . its really easy to do and worth it in my opinion